The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Gautham R
Hi there.. What is the difference between a Standard Room and an En-Suite Room? And at Leeds University, it is possible to have a room of their own right?

En-suite means you have your own bathroom and standard means you have to share the bathroom with the rest of the flat. As far as I know, all the rooms are individual, although I could be wrong.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 581
Are all the accomodations found in Leeds single rooms?
Quiet or noisy enviroment?
Hi

I am 23 years old and will be starting a PGCE at Leeds in September 2012. I am based in Leeds now but will need to move accomodation at the beginning of June but I am keen to live with other pgce /masters /mature students.

I dont really want to live in halls again.

I am a friendly, sociable, fun and tidy person who is easy going, knows the areas well and would like a house that is sociable but also quiet for those busy work times.

Does anybody know what they are doing?

Private message me if you would like to chat!!
Hi

I am 23 years old and will be starting a PGCE at Leeds in September 2012. I am based in Leeds now but will need to move accomodation at the beginning of June but I am keen to live with other pgce /masters /mature students.

I dont really want to live in halls again.

I am a friendly, sociable, fun and tidy person who is easy going, knows the areas well and would like a house that is sociable but also quiet for those busy work times.

Does anybody know what they are doing?

Private message me if you would like to chat!!
Hi all,
Are smaller residences in at Leeds University easy to get into as your first choice?
I Had Clarendon place and Springfield mount in mind.
Hi all!
Just wondering if any students past, present or future, could help me on deciding with accommodation for 2012. (I would be very much appreciated!)
I am hopefully starting this year (fingers crossed) and looking for a self-catered accommodation, with en-suite. Don't mind if its a little walk, bike etc. Budget between 0 and around 130ish. A friendly/party atmosphere is always nice, but i guess that's everywhere when your at university!
Also if anyone is hoping to go to Leeds, would be nice to get to know people so just message me or whatever (:
Reply 587
Original post by aysha.19
I am considering it for 2012/2013. I've applied for Law. how about you?

Sorry i took so long to reply! ive applied for Sociology& Religious studies and Theology. But yeah, i think Henry Price is going to be my choice for accommodation.. on campus and self catered :/
Reply 588
can someone whos stayed in Henry Price please tell me what it was like? :smile:
Thanks x
Anyone daring enough to apply for the new Central Village accommodation in Sept 2012?
Reply 590
I can apply for accommodation now that I've put it as my firm.
However, I might wait until more details about that new place comes out... it looks very nice, I'm just going to wait for prices I think!
I'll probably go for Clarence Dock otherwise. Though, I've been looking at Henry Price too since I saw it today and it's right on campus... which would be lovely. Roll out of bed and I'd be in my lecture since it's right near the engineering building...
Reply 591
I'm considering it as the location is perfect and its self catered :smile: but until I see some prices ..... haha
If not then JBP looks very nice
Reply 592
Looks good - ideal location - but I'm waiting for the prices to appear... I have a feeling it's going to be expensive!
It does look really nice, premium en-suite :smile:
Reply 594
Okay so I emailed the accommodation office regarding whether there's an approx price for a standard en-suite and she said £110-120 a week possibly. Hope that helps any of you :smile: If it is around that price .... I think its where I will apply :biggrin:
Reply 595
Original post by roverall
I'm considering it as the location is perfect

It's practically part of the LU campus. However, it also overlooks the inner ring road, so there will be a fair amount of traffic noise during rush hour and potentially traffic fumes as well. You will also be living in a discarded Leeds Met building, so what does that make you??!! :biggrin:
What's life without some risk-taking :biggrin:
Reply 597
haha fair points but tbh if you don't like traffic,noise and flumes then mayb a city isn't the right place? :biggrin:
Reply 598
Original post by gelifluction
What's life without some risk-taking :biggrin:

Great shout !
james baillie sounds like a good choice for you, or maybe tannery both walkable and social etc

Quick Reply

Latest