The Student Room Group

Real life lessons you have learnt?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
vodka makes you do bad things
Reply 21
Original post by wenger16
People always tend to say "I have seen the world and know how it all works".

How streetwise do you consider yourself to be? Basically What lessons do you think life has taught you the hard way...ie. people/trust/situations anything?

A few years back I had a biking accident that almost killed me. Lying in a dried up river bed I couldn't remember a damn thing. However, in Hospital I had plenty of time to muse over the fact that I came so close to dying, having experienced a fraction of what life has for me. Shortly after I was discharged from Hospital, I was reading on the Internet that I, as in me had a one in four hundred trillion chance of being born as me.

I also figured that, with seventy years (if I'm lucky) knocking around on this planet, why would I bother wasting a single moment of that doing something I didn't enjoy? I.E Working 9-5 in some dead end job.

So, after those three elements combined into a thought process, I decided that I wouldn't spend a moment doing something I didn't enjoy. I'm not going to Uni, I'm not going to take a job that has me doing the same thing day in, day out. I'll work small, part time jobs to pay my way, but never in one place for long.

With only another fifty years left, I dread the possibility I'll be lying on my death bed thinking "I haven't used my one in four hundred trillion chance to enjoy every ****ing moment" - So, my life lesson learnt is to use that one in four trillion chance and every second of my alloted time here to do everything its humanly possible to do.

Unfortunately, it starts with part time work, repairing bikes, preparing ideas for Summer and subsequently afterwards and, of course, posting on TSR. But hey, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I just wish Summer would hurry the hell up.
People change .
Whatever happens happens for a reason
action speaks louder than words
Don't tell your problems to people 20% won't care and 80% feel happy that you are going through them
Dont look at the empty half or the glass look at the full half
be thankful with what you got because you might lose it tomorrow
Reply 23
everybody lies.
Don't work too hard! There's no point!
Reply 25
Original post by Anna_Karenina
Life lessons..............on TSR?????????........................... :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Yep, completely preposterous idea, right? Since you're obviously the only person in this thread, if not the whole of TSR, who has anything valuable to say about life, and you're quite clearly unwilling to contribute your wisdom, we might as well close this thread and die stupid. :^_^:
dont get hung up on ****.
Original post by Y__
Yep, completely preposterous idea, right?

Glad you agree lol :rofl3:
No matter where you go, you cant get away from yourself.
And if you want something done properly (at least what you think is properly) then do it yourself!
Original post by DH-Biker
A few years back I had a biking accident that almost killed me. Lying in a dried up river bed I couldn't remember a damn thing. However, in Hospital I had plenty of time to muse over the fact that I came so close to dying, having experienced a fraction of what life has for me. Shortly after I was discharged from Hospital, I was reading on the Internet that I, as in me had a one in four hundred trillion chance of being born as me.

I also figured that, with seventy years (if I'm lucky) knocking around on this planet, why would I bother wasting a single moment of that doing something I didn't enjoy? I.E Working 9-5 in some dead end job.

So, after those three elements combined into a thought process, I decided that I wouldn't spend a moment doing something I didn't enjoy. I'm not going to Uni, I'm not going to take a job that has me doing the same thing day in, day out. I'll work small, part time jobs to pay my way, but never in one place for long.

With only another fifty years left, I dread the possibility I'll be lying on my death bed thinking "I haven't used my one in four hundred trillion chance to enjoy every ****ing moment" - So, my life lesson learnt is to use that one in four trillion chance and every second of my alloted time here to do everything its humanly possible to do.

Unfortunately, it starts with part time work, repairing bikes, preparing ideas for Summer and subsequently afterwards and, of course, posting on TSR. But hey, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I just wish Summer would hurry the hell up.

Inspirational. It's pieces like this that made me glad to be an entrepreneur.
Boyfriends are replaceable.

Friends aren't worth it if they don't respect you. You'll have other friends.
Reply 31
Be confident and assertive.
Don't give a damn about what other people think.
You win some, you lose some but if keep trying you will succeed,
And confidence will open so many doors
Reply 33
Don't be kind to anybody, people see it as a sign of weakness and attempt to walk all over you.
In general people don't really give a **** about the embarrasing things you get up to. So just relax and enjoy life, why does someone elses opinion matter anyway.
Reply 35
Never be the one to stand by and let something happen to people when they need help

e.g. Bullying, I won't be the one to say it's not my problem, I shouldn't get involved, becuase that will encourage the bully and make them think that if they are doing something bad I would have said something so it's ok.
Reply 36
Friends come and go, but family stay with you for life.
Reply 37
Original post by nerimon18
It always rains the hardest on people who deserve the sun.

Despite my **** time at school, it'll get better in the end when I finally leave.

If that's what you think then you have a lot to learn, and it involves the long dick of life and every orifice of your body.
Reply 38
Original post by cl_steele
everybody lies.

No I don't.

:colone:
It is not socially acceptable to Norman someone in public

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending