The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Bambirina
I have an offer for Chinese (Modern and Classical) but I sent an email yesterday asking if I could change it for Law and Chinese.
I saw that there are still vacancies for this course on UCAS Extra ...
Do you guys think they'll accept ?

I assume if the requirements are the same then it's possible to switch. I applied for and got an offer for Economics & Politics. I asked them if it would be possible to switch to just Economics and they said if I want, just tell them and they'll update my UCAS accordingly.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 381
Original post by anwar1808
I assume if the requirements are the same then it's possible to switch. I applied for and got an offer for Economics & Politics. I asked them if it would be possible to switch to just Economics and they said if I want, just tell them and they'll update my UCAS accordingly.

The requirements are higher but my predicted grades still meet them. I hope it'll work out !

And thank you for your input !
Reply 382
Original post by Loretto
Would you mind if I PMed you about this?
I just found out yesterday my application got rejected thanks to my reference(teacher), who screwed up my UCAS app.
I'd also like to ask about clearing if possible ><

Thanks.:smile:

Sure. =)
Reply 383
Hi guys, new here but I finally got my offer from SOAS to study T210 Japanese :biggrin:

This offer is subject to you obtaining:
Pass Access to Higher Education Diploma with 60 credits overall including 45 credits at level 3 and 15 at Level 2. Minimum of 27 Level 3 credits must be at Distinction including Essay Writing and Study Skills.

Already accepted and firmed then offer, see you in September 2012! :smile:
Original post by AJRupert
Hi guys, new here but I finally got my offer from SOAS to study T210 Japanese :biggrin:

This offer is subject to you obtaining:
Pass Access to Higher Education Diploma with 60 credits overall including 45 credits at level 3 and 15 at Level 2. Minimum of 27 Level 3 credits must be at Distinction including Essay Writing and Study Skills.

Already accepted and firmed then offer, see you in September 2012! :smile:

Well done!

I heard a rumour that SOAS were slow with Access students (mainly because last year they didn't send out offers till late April) but it seems like this year they're not so bad.
27 credits at distinction isn't too high, hope they offer me something similar for Chinese.:K:
Reply 385
Original post by grass mud horse
Well done!

I heard a rumour that SOAS were slow with Access students (mainly because last year they didn't send out offers till late April) but it seems like this year they're not so bad.
27 credits at distinction isn't too high, hope they offer me something similar for Chinese.:K:

Oh God, I wouldn't've been able to wait that long for an offer! I think it's the same offer no matter what language it is. You can find out what they want from Access on their Website on the course you want under 'other qualifications' I think. :smile:
Woohoo! Unconditional offers for Turkish, Persian, and Turkish AND Persian. All with CCD at A level 12 years ago. Suck on that you young whippersnappers! :tongue: lol

Really though best of luck to everyone :wink: (<--back in mature mode)
Reply 387
Got conditional offers for Japanese and Japanese Studies :smile:
Seems like the languages dept are sending everything out at the moment. I just got a conditional for Chinese Modern and Classical.
Original post by mackers_ire
Woohoo! Unconditional offers for Turkish, Persian, and Turkish AND Persian. All with CCD at A level 12 years ago. Suck on that you young whippersnappers! :tongue: lol

Well done! How did you get an unconditional offer? Are you an Access student?

No access course, got offered on my personal statement I'm assuming :smile:

I did some uni modules 5-7 years ago but only in sciences and most just passes lol
Reply 391

My guess would be that he already has the grades they wanted plus experience so he wouldn't be taking any more qualifications, ergo the unconditional offer:smile:
I'm an Access student and I didn't get an unconditional haha :P
But hey, I got an offer and I've already got the conditions sorted so I'm happy! ^_^
Original post by mackers_ire
No access course, got offered on my personal statement I'm assuming :smile:

I did some uni modules 5-7 years ago but only in sciences and most just passes lol

Nice one! Must have been one hell of a PS.

I'm an Access student and I didn't get an unconditional haha :P

Me too/neither - that's why I asked :colondollar:

But hey, I got an offer and I've already got the conditions sorted so I'm happy! ^_^

Ditto!
Reply 394
Seems like the languages dept are sending everything out at the moment. I just got a conditional for Chinese Modern and Classical.

Congrats !! I have a conditional for Chinese Modern and Classical too but I asked to change it into Law with Chinese :smile: is SOAS your firm choice ?
Original post by Bambirina
Congrats !! I have a conditional for Chinese Modern and Classical too but I asked to change it into Law with Chinese :smile: is SOAS your firm choice ?

Fancied an easy ride? :tongue:
Yeah, it's my firm.
Nice one! Must have been one hell of a PS.

Thank you very much. Just flagged up my personal interests in learning a language and my various foreign holidays, have wayyy below the grades they wanted so quite pleased with that lol :smile:

Congrats on your offer :smile:
I've decided... SOAS law is for me! as soon as i can i am going to firm! eeeekkkk.....sooooo excited!
p.s. coming from Birkbeck Cert HE Legal Method course.... my offer is conditional to me obtaining an overall distinction which i think is more than achievable
I've heard numerous times that once you get an offer, your pretty much guaranteed a place there provided you don't royally mess up, currently i've firmed SOAS for LLB law (AAA at A-Level, currently got ABB). How lenient do you think they will be if i get AAB, or even stay at ABB?

Quick Reply

Latest