The Student Room Group

Azhar Ahmed unfairly prosecuted by police over criticism of British soldiers

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can see why the post could raise an issue, it could be argued he's calling for soldiers to be killed hence inciting violence. But racism? For all we know he might be racist, but there's nothing racist about what he said. It's actually quite racist to assume it's racist.
Reply 2
Original post by noorkhanuk85
As an asian myself, I always get "what about the 'genocide' and 'rape' of civilians by soldiers...blah blah blah. This guy is an idiot.

Look at that soldier who recently shot dead afghan civilians. He acted alone. I did not tar all forces in afghanistan with the same brush. Why should this guy tar all soldiers in afghanistan as a bunch of 'murderers' and 'rapists?' I don't get it.

But then again, he thought that he was above the law because he's a paki.

Right. So it was careless of him to tar all the soldiers under the same brush but he is being charged with Racism!??
You'll find that there are soldiers with Facebook statuses such as 'gonna shoot some bloody pakis' - if anything these statements allude to racism yet they aren't prosecuted.
I think this is really scary. I mean I definitely think he was wrong to say that they were going to hell and stuff because even though there are a lot of racist, dick headed soldiers out there, these 6 guys might have been normal and nice. But I do think he has a point with the whole not mourning the deaths of innocent Afghans. I can't believe soldiers go out there to kill innocent people and in their home countries these people regarded as heroes. If this war was actually about defending their countries like with WW2 fine but this?

Anyway there was nothing racist about what he said. And I can't believe they would arrest a kid over a FB status? That's REALLY scary.
Reply 4

It's clearly offensive and I think calling for anyone to die be it soldiers office workers or anyone should be condemned but I'm not sure if this is something the courts should be involved in
Reply 5
Original post by Person1001
Right. So it was careless of him to tar all the soldiers under the same brush but he is being charged with Racism!??
You'll find that there are soldiers with Facebook statuses such as 'gonna shoot some bloody pakis' - if anything these statements allude to racism yet they aren't prosecuted.

Can you source that? Because recently a solider was discharged from the army for racist comments to that effect
Reply 6
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH !!!

Hope the animal rots, another scumbag labour has let flourish in our country.

Kick him out, even if he was born here send him and his parents back.
Reply 7
As an asian myself, I always get "what about the 'genocide' and 'rape' of civilians by soldiers...blah blah blah. This guy is an idiot.

Look at that soldier who recently shot dead afghan civilians. He acted alone. I did not tar all forces in afghanistan with the same brush. Why should this guy tar all soldiers in afghanistan as a bunch of 'murderers' and 'rapists?' I don't get it.

But then again, he thought that he was above the law because he's a pakistani.

You sir, are a beacon of hope !
(edited 12 years ago)
After seeing all the people who called for the 'UK' to be bombed and all the reasons why the EDL was started up, I am fairly surprised that someone has been charged with treason finally.

Also what the hell is up with the article? 'Anything that can conceivably be offensive to white people'. Wow, someone sounds a little paranoid.
Original post by Psyk
I can see why the post could raise an issue, it could be argued he's calling for soldiers to be killed hence inciting violence. But racism? For all we know he might be racist, but there's nothing racist about what he said. It's actually quite racist to assume it's racist.

Don't the anti-PC brigade claim that it's only white people who get done for racism? You're right though, if he was white there's no way he'd be charged with a racist offence.
Reply 10

But then again, he thought that he was above the law because he's a paki.

I don't see how this is in any way relevant.

There are far more 'Asian' soldiers killing terrorists as well as killing civilians in the crossfire, when compared to British soldiers. Have you not heard of something called the Pakistani Army. It has been going on in Waziristan and Balochistan for years.
Reply 11
Original post by Person1001

Are those soldiers who post such things Taleban soldiers?

I don't see why a NATO soldier would want to shoot his/her allies.
Reply 12
Original post by Akinfenwa
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH !!!

Hope the animal rots, another scumbag labour has let flourish in our country.

Sorry. Not possible to do this under international law.

I suppose you could persuade him to go to France though. No visa required.

Yeah, as a democratic society, we try to send people back where they have no citizenship, and because that isn't enough, we send their innocent parents as well :rolleyes:

Also, it's not difficult to turn this around and call the prosecutors racist. You could argue as Azhar, that you're referring to any soldier, even those say in Pakistan. You could argue that it's racist to assume that he's on about White, British soldiers only when he says "all soldiers"

Notice how he never mentions British/US/[insert nationality here] soldiers, but says this about "all soldiers"

Again, I'm not agreeing with him, and I don't want to make excuses for him, but it's incredibly easy to turn this around and call the prosecutors racist, and not himself
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by de_monies
Yeah, as a democratic society, we try to send people back where they have no citizenship, and because that isn't enough, we send their innocent parents as well :rolleyes:

Parents who bring up there child to be such a disgusting scumbag are not innocent.

We don't need or want people like that in this country.
Reply 15
Original post by Aj12
It's clearly offensive and I think calling for anyone to die be it soldiers office workers or anyone should be condemned but I'm not sure if this is something the courts should be involved in

I'm sure there are people who have called for the death of 'bankers' too. Maybe the British Bankers Association can claim to be a separate racial group as well and accuse anyone who vilifies them as 'racist' :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Aj12
Can you source that? Because recently a solider was discharged from the army for racist comments to that effect

Are you sure it was that? And not because he/she was too stupid to know who he/she was actually meant to be fighting?
I hope they burst his liberal cocoon in prison...... literally.
Reply 18
Parents who bring up there child to be such a disgusting scumbag are not innocent.

We don't need or want people like that in this country.

I don't think you get it. You cannot expel the guy to a non-EU nation since he has never held another citizenship, and would simply be refused entry.
Reply 19

Its offensive, etc.......advocating violence to an extent.............but not racist at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending