The Student Room Group

Azhar Ahmed unfairly prosecuted by police over criticism of British soldiers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anna_Karenina
I hope they burst his liberal cocoon in prison...... literally.

I don't think he'll be going there :smile:
Original post by Akinfenwa
Parents who bring up there child to be such a disgusting scumbag are not innocent.

We don't need or want people like that in this country.

Yeah, that's what we do with all our criminals in this country(even though his actions aren't really "criminal" ) We lock up their parents as well :s-smilie:
Original post by effofex
I don't think he'll be going there :smile:

The charge carries up to six months. I hope the bitter little urchin gets some prison time. It will introduce him to a few heard truths you don't get to learn about in this safe, cotton wool country. Perhaps he will have a more realistic outlook on the world outside of the liberal cocoon we all live in by experiencing a slightly more brutal cocoon within. :wink:
Well this is bs, it isn't even a racist post. Infact he's talking sense, just didn't need the whole "british soldiers burn in hell thing" and it would probably have got a few likes.
Reply 24
well that wasn't remotely racist, but still completely out of order. saying all soldiers should die and go to hell sounds like the kind of thing that qualifies as a hate speech
(edited 12 years ago)
without the all soldiers should go to hell and die its perfectly fine, its the truth.
Reply 26
The charge carries up to six months. I hope the bitter little urchin gets some prison time. It will introduce him to a few heard truths you don't get to learn about in this safe, cotton wool country. Perhaps he will have a more realistic outlook on the world outside of the liberal cocoon we all live in by experiencing a slightly more brutal cocoon within. :wink:

He'll be a cost to the taxpayer though. Surely for all these people who make prejudicial/hate-inciting comments etc. it makes more sense for the government to just fine them.

Does everyone who incites hatred against any group (bankers, lawyers, estate agents, football club owners, taxi drivers, female motorists etc.) via on online medium also need to be prosecuted as well in the interests of consistency?
Reply 27

The pictures I've seen of prison cells recently make the place look nicer and more comfortable than my first yr hall of residence...
Original post by Drewski
The pictures I've seen of prison cells recently make the place look nicer and more comfortable than my first yr hall of residence...

That is true. However, a few of his bunk mates will be of the same kind of sadistic, brutal mindset the insurgents he believes are better than soldiers share.

I would like him to meet these people. :smile:
Original post by effofex
He'll be a cost to the taxpayer though.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest. Given some of the ludicrous things taxpayer money is spent on, I would actually be quite glad of my wages being channeled to a good cause like this. :smile:

Does everyone who incites hatred against any group (bankers, lawyers, estate agents, football club owners, taxi drivers, female motorists etc.) via on online medium also need to be prosecuted as well in the interests of consistency?

Nope. Just those who I do not agree with. :smile:
Reply 30
That doesn't bother me in the slightest. Given some of the ludicrous things taxpayer money is spent on, I would actually be quite glad of my wages being channeled to a good cause like this. :smile:

Nope. Just those who I do not agree with. :smile:

So what makes soldiers so special? If someone said the same thing about sailors, is it acceptable too? What about in regards to field engineers?
CPS makes charges, not the police.
Reply 32
Original post by effofex
So what makes soldiers so special? If someone said the same thing about sailors, is it acceptable too? What about in regards to field engineers?

'Soldiers' in this context is used by the ignorant to mean all serving personnel, whether RN, Army or RAF, frontline or support, active or not...
Original post by effofex

Like I said. If I agree with the statement then it is fine. If I do not then they should be punished and locked up. You are trying to trick a reply out of me without realising that I am telling you what I believe and, consequently, what you abhor in a simple sentence.

If that guy had said kill all taliban then I wouldn't have had a problem. :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Drewski
'Soldiers' in this context is used by the ignorant to mean all serving personnel, whether RN, Army or RAF, frontline or support, active or not...

Are all NATO soldiers beyond criticism here? Or only the British contingent? Would it be acceptable to incite hatred against the Korean, Turkish, American, German, Pakistani and Dutch contingents and avoid prosecution?
Reply 35
Original post by effofex
Are all NATO soldiers beyond criticism here? Or only the British contingent? Would it be acceptable to incite hatred against the Korean, Turkish, American, German, Pakistani and Dutch contingents and avoid prosecution?

I'd like to think that any rational human being would object to any group being singled out, as generalisations are always idiotic [har har]. Incite hate against any group and, according to the laws, you're screwed.

Or at least, might be screwed [by Big Dave in D Wing].
Original post by Drewski

That's comforting, when my accommodation DOES represent a prison cell
Reply 37
Like I said. If I agree with the statement then it is fine. If I do not then they should be punished and locked up. You are trying to trick a reply out of me without realising that I am telling you what I believe and, consequently, what you abhor in a simple sentence.

If that guy had said kill all taliban then I wouldn't have had a problem. :smile:

But unfortunately it is not an autocracy and you do not make the rules :smile:

I think a British soldier made reference to killing his Pakistani allies a little while back: http://www.edlnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=503&catid=16&Itemid=240

Obviously his superiors were not having it, since it would either imply he was woefully unaware of who he was actually instructed to fight, or because his posting would have brought the professionlism of the forces into disrepute.
Reply 38
Lol British legal system is a joke.
Reply 39
It isn't racism, but it is disrespectful, insulting, and disgusting and yes he should be charged.

Quick Reply

Latest