The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aussie-Pom
I totally did that the other week after I depressed myself by watching YouTube videos of Spyro. Brought back memories...

Now I just have to find Crash Bandicoot.

Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Rayman. I miss them. :cry2:
Dino Crisis.... such a great game.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Dino Crisis.... such a great game.

I always thought that was just Resident Evil with dinosaurs. :tongue:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I always thought that was just Resident Evil with dinosaurs. :tongue:

It essentially was, but it was still great xD
I still love the crazy cowbow guy at the beginning of Dino Crisis 2. Everyone's fighting off a horde of Velicoraptors, yet he seemingly disappears, and then at the sight of a T-rex isn't scared at all, I'm unsure why that scene makes me laugh so much.

But yeah Regina was a babe.
Reply 545
Original post by DudeJericho
That is one of my all time favs, the number of hours I spent playing that game on my Megadrive :smile:

I know right, the music to it was also epic (especially the first level music) as well as the bosses. I still have the game but my sega don't work lol.
Original post by TLK
I know right, the music to it was also epic (especially the first level music) as well as the bosses. I still have the game but my sega don't work lol.

I still remember most of the tracks from it, man that boss music was epic! When the stage music started to lower and go off you knew that tune was about to go on, really exciting :biggrin:

Yeah it sucks, I still have alot of my older systems Megadrive, Mega CD, Mastersystem, Snes etc,. but all faulty now :frown:
Ghost Squad (Arcade Cabinet) :yep:

Ghost_Squad_arcade_flyer.jpg
Original post by romeoandjuliet
I don't know if this counts, but Minesweeper - it's seriously an amazing game

Omigosh am so glad you mentioned this game. I am hopelessly obsessed with it its unhealthy. = = In my free time i actually start imagining the squares in my head and try to formulate ways as to how to solve a dilemma in which the mine is in one of two squares... It's getting dangerous. >:\
Best time I ever got with it on beginners was 9s. didnt play medium, but i think my hard record was 286s?
Reply 549
BFME series
Original post by PawprintsOnPaper
Omigosh am so glad you mentioned this game. I am hopelessly obsessed with it its unhealthy. = = In my free time i actually start imagining the squares in my head and try to formulate ways as to how to solve a dilemma in which the mine is in one of two squares... It's getting dangerous. >:\
Best time I ever got with it on beginners was 9s. didnt play medium, but i think my hard record was 286s?

Thank you, i'm not the only one!! I used to be hopelessly obsessed like you, i haven't played in a while. But oh my god, I used to do the same. with all the imagining. Before i would go to sleep, I would see all the squares in my mind and have some massive game in my head. I love things which make me think - and expert minesweeper without a doubt makes me think. Minesweeper is one of THE most frustrating games hands down; like whenever you make a mistake, it's an impulse to start over.

Haha, that is one confused smiley face! but yeah, i know what you mean.
i can't remember my times, but your records sound very impressive! :biggrin:
Original post by romeoandjuliet
Thank you, i'm not the only one!! I used to be hopelessly obsessed like you, i haven't played in a while. But oh my god, I used to do the same. with all the imagining. Before i would go to sleep, I would see all the squares in my mind and have some massive game in my head. I love things which make me think - and expert minesweeper without a doubt makes me think. Minesweeper is one of THE most frustrating games hands down; like whenever you make a mistake, it's an impulse to start over.

Haha, that is one confused smiley face! but yeah, i know what you mean.
i can't remember my times, but your records sound very impressive! :biggrin:

:smile: Likewise, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm still trying to figure out some patterns thought :frown: I hate it when i get those flat 11111111 lines with all the boxes onwards below it untouched. :smile: I still have a long way to go.
Goldeneye Rogue Agent - especially on split screen multiplayer.
The Ace Attorney Series, and 999. Both for the DS. Epic games and I've never met anyone in person who has played of them, or heard of them!
Reply 554
Helicopter game.
Reply 555
Return to Zork.
It's more of a nostalgia thing. All I ever knew how to do in it was die.
Reply 556
Herein I shall blatantly plug Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN, a crazy parodic anime-based MMO made pretty much entirely by one guy, and which is slowly dying as older players leave. This makes me sad. Also, it is the only game I know of with a reach mahjong minigame, or in which pizza delivery is among the most difficult and plot-critical things in the game.
Original post by Airfairy
The Ace Attorney Series, and 999. Both for the DS. Epic games and I've never met anyone in person who has played of them, or heard of them!

Ace Attorney is quite popular with the DS crowd but I can agree with you on 999. Great mystery game but unfortunately hasn't gotten a European release.
And my pick:

The only 2 to be released outside of Japan (not including Endless Frontier). Such a shame really. Think of Fire Emblem with alot of mechas.
Reply 559
Free+Download+Games+Dynasty+Warriors+6+Full+Version+2011.jpg

dynasty-warriors-6-empires_002.jpg

Lubu-dw7-sceenshot.jpg

Well:cool: for me it would clearly be Dynasty warriors and Samurai warriors:jitsu:.... nobody seemed to play that game :sad:... but my childhood is filled with memories from them!! :biggrin:

dynasty_warriors_mini_figures_vol1_wxp.jpg :h:

Why are the pics so small ... how do i get big pictures??? Can somebody help me out?? :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply