The Student Room Group

Retake Prices - What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
should have worked harder the first time you lazy gets
Reply 21
My schools pays for us, so we don't have to pay a thing. Probably why we're one of the poorest schools in the North East..
Reply 22
They are crazy I paid £55 pounds today for mine!
Reply 23
As a private student that pays my own entries I've realised not to fall back on retakes because they're bloody expensive. 50 quid per paper because I have to pay an extra admin fee too. It's taught me to put 110% effort in first time round. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by LifeIsGood
Can you believe it was £8/9 before, the prices are horrendous. As times aren't hard enough already :frown:

Before when?
OUCH. This has made me 10x more determined to not need resets O_O
Original post by Liam6993
Before when?

I don't know when exactly but most probably a few years ago, my teacher told me
Reply 27
It costs 22 pounds per resit at my school, retaking 2 + 14 pounds for a photocopy of a script back, ergh.
Reply 28
re-sit prices are bloody extortionate, its daylight robbery!
Reply 29
Mine are exactly £25.00 per module , which is quite high. I remember seeing the OCR prices for entry and they were roughly £13 or so for a module so I don't know where the extra £12 goes, probably towards the school's finances.

OCR prices for entry:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/administration/fees_list/index.aspx
(edited 12 years ago)
I think it is ridiculous. In my college they initially cost £30.00, for what an extra paper? And then it goes up to £50 and then £70 in a short term period. What is worse is the people who took January exams had only little more than a week from results to decide whether to retakes before the price went up from £30 to £50
Reply 31
i dont think so. i dont even get y its like this, i sooo badly want to sue edexcel...
Reply 32
also its not abot whether we try hard or not

im sure every now and then a person somehow gets a flop for their grades>.>

Quick Reply

Latest