The Student Room Group

A question to all med students??

Hi!
I'd really like to know, from any med students out there who might read this, what GCSE grades you got??
Thanks! (it's just that I didn't do very well in mine... And I want to see if it's still possible for me to go for medicine, which I really want to do...)
Thanks again!
Bonus question:
Do you enjoy your course so far? Or
Do you regret choosing medicine?
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Hi!
I'd really like to know, from any med students out there who might read this, what GCSE grades you got??
Thanks! (it's just that I didn't do very well in mine... And I want to see if it's still possible for me to go for medicine, which I really want to do...)
Thanks again!
Bonus question:

Hi :hi:

You might find it worthwhile to have a read through this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511 to see what people got and how they did in their applications.

Personally, I got 9A's 1B 1C and currently in my 1st year at Barts and the London.
Enjoying the course so far, and only time I regret it is having to wake up early to travel to GP placement..
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Hi :hi:

You might find it worthwhile to have a read through this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511 to see what people got and how they did in their applications.

Personally, I got 9A's 1B 1C and currently in my 1st year at Barts and the London.
Enjoying the course so far, and only time I regret it is having to wake up early to travel to GP placement..

Thanks so much!! :smile:
Hope you enjoy the rest of your course
Reply 3
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Hi!
Thanks again!
Bonus question:

I got mainly A*s but they're not needed. It all depends what school you went and where you apply!

I'm loving it so much and I don't think I could ever regret it. Before I thought I knew I wanted to medicine, now I've realised it's really even better than that. I love it!
Reply 4
I got:

1A 7Bs 2Cs

and I've done alright!
Truthfully - i cant even remember!
Reply 6
I applied for medicine this year and have a conditional for Newcastle :smile:

I got 6A*s and 6A's 1B at GCSE

But If you didn't do amazingly then just make sure you research which university's don't worry about academics.

For example last year a friend of mine had no A*'s and got into Newcastle med because Newcastle concentrate on your UKCAT your Personal statement and the interview :biggrin:

Quick Reply