The Student Room Group

Posh students racially abused me at my front door!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koobideh
Oh no poor you

lol jk i dont care

Prick.
Original post by Koobideh
Oh no poor you

lol jk i dont care

Then don't post.

Mong.
Reply 42
Wouldn't happen in the Netherlands :smile:

And they actually happen to have a so-called 'far right' in parliament unlike the UK.
Original post by Infallible
You sound really ignorant. You don't need to be uneducated to be racist.

actually you do. you need to be real stupid to be racist and not understand that they didnt choose to be whatever colour or race they are but god gave it to them.:colone:
Wait.. Did you actually know the people that came to your door??

(Like what made them posh??)
Reply 45
I hate when drunks go around banging on doors. On a side note why do you assume they're posh if they're students? Plenty of chavs for students. In fact could you verify they were students?
Reply 46
Suburban nightmare kids man, mummy and daddy never taught them any respect.

I wouldn't have even got changed, I'd have grabbed my shovel and run after them ******* naked.
I love a drink, I mean I'm a self confessed borderline alcoholic but the way some people act when they've been drinking, in particular students seem to be the worst for it, is disgraceful.
Reply 47
what does them being 'posh' have to do with them being racist...?

none the less probably launched something heavy and metalic out the window at them
Reply 48
Firstly can I say WOW at some of the comments. I am appalled at the sheer apathy and hostility I get from ME being racially abused. It was not long ago that 'the racist women on the train' incident was in the media and that sparked outrage!

As for the 'posh' comment. I am just saying it how it is. Judging from their accents they were posh and PRESUMABLY from the south.

As for Manchester being a ****hole. Its not. Some parts are but most of it isn't. Why do you think it has the biggest student population? ...and btw I live in Fallowfield, an area which is densely populated by mostly non-Mancunian students.

As for the wrench thing. Yes it was a stupid thought but in the heat of the moment I would have seriously injured one, if not ALL of them if I had the chance to. Most of you do not know the feeling of being racially abused for being ethnic and at my FRONT DOOR! That is the worst feeling.

As for the me being Indian comment. I just wanted to point out the ignorance of these people by assuming that I am Muslim due to my ethnicity.

Another thing. A lot of you are going on about this behaviour being acceptable because they were drunk or because 'I am arrogant'. There is NO EXCUSE for racism whatever the situation.

The reason I made this thread was that I was kind of shocked by the type of people who did this. These people are meant to be the future of Britain and they behave like this? Judging by this and some of the comments on here I am actually quite scared for humanity.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
As for the wrench thing. Yes it was a stupid thought but in the heat of the moment I would have seriously injured one, if not ALL of them if I had the chance to. Most of you do not know the feeling of being racially abused for being ethnic and at my FRONT DOOR! That is the worst feeling.
And you would probably be in a police cell at this moment and/or severely injured yourself. As I said, I'm not criticising your anger, but the spontaneous, unthinking violence that was about to arise out of that anger.
Next time throw dog **** at them, problem solved.
Reply 51
Original post by whyumadtho
No, just ignorant and simple-minded.

Isn't that the requirement to join the Labour Party?
Reply 52
Why did you open your door?

Why didn't look through your bedroom window with the lights off then this wouldn't have happened would it!
Reply 53
Original post by Aylish
Why did you open your door?

Why didn't look through your bedroom window with the lights off then this wouldn't have happened would it!

When someone is banging your door in to the point where you think its going to break in you have to say something. Also it annoyed me someone had to tell them to **** off. They were doing it to everyone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
^ sorry that I didn't know oops
Reply 55
Original post by MancBoy
When someone is banging your door in to the point where you think its going to break in you have to say something. Also it annoyed me someone had to tell them to **** off. They were doing it to everyone.

One thing you could do is have a videophone handy to record the incident, and then threaten to show it to university authorities/police afterwards. You might even get a slice of their cash too.

I remember some American women screeching in the corridor at 2 am in the morning when I stayed in university accommodation. I came outside and made sure I stood about 3 cm away from their face and intimdated them enough for them to turn tail and run. This method may be effective as well, since it doesn't involve actually threatening them with violence.
Original post by Infallible
Isn't that the requirement to join the Labour Party?

Oh you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ShredMaster
Guys. People are harassing him at his front door and you are going on about how he wants to smack a few of them with a wrench. So would everyone in a position like this. Its easy to criticise, but until you have been in the same position, then don't talk trash please.

Typical liberal arrogance. (Not by you but by many of the critics in the thread.) A person's natural instinct for self-preservation (which at times should not be followed through, as it was not in this case) is hardly a thing to be ashamed of!
Report them to the police? But don't mention the bit with the wrench! :P
Original post by funsongfactory
Report them to the police? But don't mention the bit with the wrench! :P

In this day and age, OP probably committed a 'human rights violation' for not giving them tea. :biggrin:

Quick Reply