Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by .gina
Just selected Hull as my firm :smile: I asked at the open day and apparently we should be able to apply for accommodation around May (as with previous years) so now to wait!

Hey,
Did you get to see the accomodation at the open day? I really don't know which one to apply for. :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2021
Original post by SMHS93
Hey,
Did you get to see the accomodation at the open day? I really don't know which one to apply for. :smile:

I saw Nicholson Hall at the Lawns (apparently all the other Halls are basically the same there except for the kitchen facilities) and I saw a student house. I really liked the Lawns, it just seemed like a nice community to be in since it's a big set so I'd like to be there if I get the grades. I'd say it all depends on whether you want to be self-catered or catered and within those whether you're bothered about an en-suite or not :smile:
Reply 2022
Original post by .gina
I saw Nicholson Hall at the Lawns (apparently all the other Halls are basically the same there except for the kitchen facilities) and I saw a student house. I really liked the Lawns, it just seemed like a nice community to be in since it's a big set so I'd like to be there if I get the grades. I'd say it all depends on whether you want to be self-catered or catered and within those whether you're bothered about an en-suite or not :smile:

What was it like? Are the rooms large or small? Nicholson Hall will be my first choice, I think and if I don't get in there, another en-suite hall hopefully. :smile: I just couldn't cope with sharing a bathroom. :wink:

What will you be studying? :smile:
Reply 2023
Original post by SMHS93
What was it like? Are the rooms large or small? Nicholson Hall will be my first choice, I think and if I don't get in there, another en-suite hall hopefully. :smile: I just couldn't cope with sharing a bathroom. :wink:

What will you be studying? :smile:

I wouldn't say they were huge but they're a pretty decent size I'd say, there was a bed, wardrobe and desk in there (and the en-suite) and I'd still say it wasn't particularly cramped. Also the balcony :biggrin: I'll probably put Nicholson en-suite as my choice too and then any other en-suite hall second. I'm not too fussy when it comes to food and there looked to be plenty of choice if you aren't a vegetarian on the menus. Apparently the bathrooms are cleaned every day in shared, but I'd really rather have my own bathroom lol.

I'm planning on studying politics, how about you? :smile:
Reply 2024
Original post by .gina
I wouldn't say they were huge but they're a pretty decent size I'd say, there was a bed, wardrobe and desk in there (and the en-suite) and I'd still say it wasn't particularly cramped. Also the balcony :biggrin: I'll probably put Nicholson en-suite as my choice too and then any other en-suite hall second. I'm not too fussy when it comes to food and there looked to be plenty of choice if you aren't a vegetarian on the menus. Apparently the bathrooms are cleaned every day in shared, but I'd really rather have my own bathroom lol.

I'm planning on studying politics, how about you? :smile:

I also don't mind being semi-catered, as long as I have an en-suite, but I would prefer to cook my own food. :smile:

Hopefully, I will be studying Drama and Theatre Practice. Now, it is just a waiting game for everything, Grades and Accomodation. :smile:
However, I am getting far to excited and I have already started buying 'Uni Things' :smile:
I thin I'll probably be putting Reckitt as my first choice. Can anyone tell me what furniture is already in the en-suite room? I know there'll be a bed, desk and wardrobe but I'm think more about shelves etc.
I'm a Music student so I think I'll be staying at the thwaite Hall. Can anybody living there tell me about the Piano? :smile:
Original post by SMHS93
I also don't mind being semi-catered, as long as I have an en-suite, but I would prefer to cook my own food. :smile:

Hopefully, I will be studying Drama and Theatre Practice. Now, it is just a waiting game for everything, Grades and Accomodation. :smile:

However, I am getting far to excited and I have already started buying 'Uni Things' :smile:

I'm the same as you. I'm not too bothered about being self-catered, but I quite like the idea of being semi. I think I'm going for Nicholoson, Grant and Lambert on the Lawns. You?
I'm studying Psychology - have you firmed yet?
I have a uni box in the spare room. :P It's full of things already, and my mam's already given me some pots and pans XD so don't worry, you're not alone. :')
Reply 2028
Original post by DoubleNegative
I'm the same as you. I'm not too bothered about being self-catered, but I quite like the idea of being semi. I think I'm going for Nicholoson, Grant and Lambert on the Lawns. You?
I'm studying Psychology - have you firmed yet?
I have a uni box in the spare room. :P It's full of things already, and my mam's already given me some pots and pans XD so don't worry, you're not alone. :')

I just want to have an en-suite. :smile: I think I'm going to also apply for those three. They seem like the best Halls for me.

Yeah, I firmed as soon as I got my offer, I fell in love with Hull when I went to my interview day. It was originally my last choice. :wink: ... How about you?

Haha, I have a 'Uni Cupboard'. :smile: But I'm glad I'm not alone.
Almost finished my first year here, I'm also living at the Lawns. I got some useful help/tips from this very thread before I started a few months ago, so I thought I'd return the favour :smile:

Anyone have any questions? about the uni/the lawns?
Original post by SMHS93
I just want to have an en-suite. :smile: I think I'm going to also apply for those three. They seem like the best Halls for me.

Yeah, I firmed as soon as I got my offer, I fell in love with Hull when I went to my interview day. It was originally my last choice. :wink: ... How about you?

Haha, I have a 'Uni Cupboard'. :smile: But I'm glad I'm not alone.

My situation is exactly the same. I was barely even considering Hull, but I was so impressed at the university and they really put a lot of effort into the interview day. I'm most likely going to make it my Firm next week. Where will you be staying? I'll be aiming to go to Thwaite if I go to Hull.
Reply 2031
Original post by LiamNimrod
My situation is exactly the same. I was barely even considering Hull, but I was so impressed at the university and they really put a lot of effort into the interview day. I'm most likely going to make it my Firm next week. Where will you be staying? I'll be aiming to go to Thwaite if I go to Hull.

Just a small hint, The Lawns is a better place to stay overall IMO.
Original post by Beano
Just a small hint, The Lawns is a better place to stay overall IMO.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll relook the Lawns but tbh with you I'm a Pianist and I'm extremely tempted by the Steinway Grand Piano. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up though, is there any other information you can give me?
Appreciate it!

Liam
Reply 2033

They were so organised when I was there and they really helpful. All of the staff and students were so lovely. :smile:
I'm probably going to apply to the Lawns, preferably Self-catered/Ensuite.
Original post by SMHS93
They were so organised when I was there and they really helpful. All of the staff and students were so lovely. :smile:
I'm probably going to apply to the Lawns, preferably Self-catered/Ensuite.

Definitely agree with you there, my interview day was just so nice. What are you going to be studying? I'm still looking at accommodation but as I've said, I think I want to stay at Thwaite purely for the grand piano.
Reply 2035
Definitely agree with you there, my interview day was just so nice. What are you going to be studying? I'm still looking at accommodation but as I've said, I think I want to stay at Thwaite purely for the grand piano.

Hopefully, I'm going to be studying Drama and Theatre Practice (If I get the grades). You?

As long as I get an En-suite room, I'll be happy. :smile:
Original post by SMHS93
Hopefully, I'm going to be studying Drama and Theatre Practice (If I get the grades). You?

As long as I get an En-suite room, I'll be happy. :smile:

I have an unconditional for Music. This is why I'm so desperate to stay at Thwaite because there is a Steinway grand Piano in the main music hall. I've heard so much about it, but I've not yet found any pictures of this music room!

I may be seeing you shortly, the Drama and Music is a join faculty at hull.
Reply 2037
I have an unconditional for Music. This is why I'm so desperate to stay at Thwaite because there is a Steinway grand Piano in the main music hall. I've heard so much about it, but I've not yet found any pictures of this music room!

I may be seeing you shortly, the Drama and Music is a join faculty at hull.

Oh I see, but aren't you put off applying to Thwaite because it is Fully Catered; or is that another attraction? Apparently the Halls food is awful.

It is, I'll possibly see you soon.
Original post by SMHS93
Oh I see, but aren't you put off applying to Thwaite because it is Fully Catered; or is that another attraction? Apparently the Halls food is awful.

It is, I'll possibly see you soon.

Unfortunately I love cooking so the fact that it is catered is a huge down side. But my I'm a music student whose first instrument is Piano. It's scary how much I'd sacrifice for this mythical Steinway that i've heard so much about but never actually seen. I'm also not a big fan of the rooms in Thwaite. But the location looks amazing. So much green. You just really want ensuite, don't you? Tbf so would I, but I think this is another thing thwaite is lacking.
Reply 2039
Unfortunately I love cooking so the fact that it is catered is a huge down side. But my I'm a music student whose first instrument is Piano. It's scary how much I'd sacrifice for this mythical Steinway that i've heard so much about but never actually seen. I'm also not a big fan of the rooms in Thwaite. But the location looks amazing. So much green. You just really want ensuite, don't you? Tbf so would I, but I think this is another thing thwaite is lacking.

2 Pros & Several Cons. Thwaite seems to be lacking many things. Surely the music department will have several pianos?
If you don't get into Thwaite, What will be your other choices?

Quick Reply