The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm really scared to wear heels to graduation, because the thought of falling over during the ceremony is just too horrendously embarrassing to bear :teehee: I think they'll look better with the gown than ballet flats would, but I'm scareddd.

jeh_jeh
x

I'd recommend the Good For The Sole collection at Debenhams. The shoes themselves are a bit hit and miss, but the pair that I have are these, and they're so lovely. Ridiculously comfortable and (IMO) just so pretty!
(edited 12 years ago)
I haven't even thought about what I'm wearing for graduation :s-smilie:

---

Making a nice healthy dinner with the boy - grilled chicken, peas, and carrot/swede/potato mash :smile: although it doesn't make up for the fact that we've been eating crap all day :tongue:

I had a bit of a grump at him earlier for no real reason - he was having a nap, and it was just annoying me. I'm not sure he noticed, but I still feel a bit bad. Doesn't help that living here is getting to me atm - I'm so bloody sick of being the only person who does anything. My housemate came down earlier and asked why there were no knives - I pointed him at the driection of the massive pile of washing up, and he just shrugged and walked away. I really wish I was going home this weekend, instead of being up here for another week and a half :frown:
Original post by G8D
One week.

Spoiler

How long has it been?
Original post by G8D
Over 3 months :pierre:

Blimey, that's tough. Is it an overseas relationship?
Had a lovely day with Kat :biggrin: Bought a ring from Tiffanys :eek:
Good that you're seeing her really soon G8D! Separations of that kind of length are just horrible.

Original post by *Interrobang*
Had a lovely day with Kat :biggrin: Bought a ring from Tiffanys :eek:

Omg :coma: which one? I keep hinting to the boy lately about Tiffany key necklaces :colone: I'm glad you two had a good time!

I've written around 2,800 words of essay today and I'm still going. I wish I could work like this all the time, but I only seem to be able to write lots and lots of words in little time when I have 'The Fear'.
Original post by rainbow drops
Good that you're seeing her really soon G8D! Separations of that kind of length are just horrible.

Omg :coma: which one? I keep hinting to the boy lately about Tiffany key necklaces :colone: I'm glad you two had a good time!

I've written around 2,800 words of essay today and I'm still going. I wish I could work like this all the time, but I only seem to be able to write lots and lots of words in little time when I have 'The Fear'.

EDIT - the link won't work :frown:

It's the Elsa Peretti® Open Heart ring
(edited 12 years ago)
Don't even mention shoes to me :mad: Just spent most of the day dragging Katie round London trying to find a pair of black flats. Turns out I need 6 1/2, wide fit shoes which are ridiculously hard to find :frown: Shopping in Tiffany's was awesome though, I found my dream engagement ring - so sparkly!
Reply 5828
EDIT - the link won't work :frown:

It's the Elsa Peretti® Open Heart ring

It's gorgeousss! I love Tiffany's jewellery, don't think the boy will ever get my hinting though :frown:
Original post by Smoosh
It's gorgeousss! I love Tiffany's jewellery, don't think the boy will ever get my hinting though :frown:

Thanks :biggrin: I wouldn't have been able to afford (or at least justify the price) normally, but I've still got over half of my gift card left :smile:

And yes, shoe shopping was a nightmare!
Reply 5830
Original post by rainbow drops

I'd recommend the Good For The Sole collection at Debenhams. The shoes themselves are a bit hit and miss, but the pair that I have are these, and they're so lovely. Ridiculously comfortable and (IMO) just so pretty!

PRSOM, but thanks! Did you get yours in-store or online? I'll probably end up going to the Bullring, anyway, so hopefully they'll have a good selection there. Some of them are so prettyyy!
Thanks :biggrin: I wouldn't have been able to afford (or at least justify the price) normally, but I've still got over half of my gift card left :smile:

And yes, shoe shopping was a nightmare!

Oo is this the gift card you won in a competition a while back?

Have my boy for 3 more hours but got the Sunday blues already :frown: xx
Reply 5832
Original post by blinkbelle

Sunday blues are the worst. :hugs: I saw B from Thursday night to yesterday evening this week, and I just feel so unmotivated to do anything! :sad:
I'm just about to take mine to the station :frown:
Just to say, so much respect to everyone here carrying on an LDR long term. Having been back to "normal" since October, I'm finding not seeing him for 4 nights tough enough, so here's hoping that we never go long distance again. Though doesn't help that my best friend and her boyfriend just broke up recently.

She did annoy me slightly though. They never used to argue about anything at all, and she said something along the lines of "cant believe we haven't lasted when you and Marc bicker all the time and argue about everything"..... made it clear to her that we might argue but it's pretty much expressing our feelings about things and not putting up with crap. And we've been through a hell of a lot more than her and her bf had considering we'd managed to see each other despite both being in our final years and living 2.5hrs away from each other...
Reply 5835
Original post by Danielle89
Just to say, so much respect to everyone here carrying on an LDR long term. Having been back to "normal" since October, I'm finding not seeing him for 4 nights tough enough, so here's hoping that we never go long distance again. Though doesn't help that my best friend and her boyfriend just broke up recently.

She did annoy me slightly though. They never used to argue about anything at all, and she said something along the lines of "cant believe we haven't lasted when you and Marc bicker all the time and argue about everything"..... made it clear to her that we might argue but it's pretty much expressing our feelings about things and not putting up with crap. And we've been through a hell of a lot more than her and her bf had considering we'd managed to see each other despite both being in our final years and living 2.5hrs away from each other...

I honestly think it's relative. I'm not really going to see boy (apart from the odd morning or afternoon here and there) for the next seven weeks now; and while that was a standard amount of time while I was in Italy, it feels horrible now we've been seeing each other for four nights a week for the past two months. :sad:

Pft, I can't stand people like that! They should just take responsibility for their own relationships, instead of comparing and bitching with and about others!

---

SIBLINGS ARE ANNOYING. Two of them had a 9am-12pm rehearsal at school, so I dropped them off at 9am and said I'd see them later. One of them then informed me that a friend would be picking them up. I told her to text her to tell her not to, because this friend is pretty unreliable. I just answered the house phone (bearing in mind I was running late so should have already left) to say that friend is there to pick them up so I shouldn't bother. And then I've come back into the dining room to do some work and there's a missed call on my mobile, too - as if I'm going to answer my phone in the car! I'm seriously just treated like a taxi service, planning my time around them for them to just change plans at the last minute. My mum seriously never put up with this when I was younger (we lived in the middle of nowhere, none of us could drive and getting anywhere was quite a long way in the car). Raaage.
Yeah, this was her first relationship and she thought it was all great because he never voiced any concerns that he'd obviously had. Just because you pretend everything's great doesn't mean it is... She actually said that she didn't think she could carry on in a relationship if they argued because it would be too much stress. She thinks he's been excellently honest with her in calling time on the whole thing, but she was devastated because she couldn't see it coming.

I get stressed out when I bicker with Marc but prefer that to having to keep my mouth shut about things that bug me.

Jeh-Jeh, I know the feeling with younger siblings being treated more favourably. My 19 year old sister goes out at least once a week, usually more, and tells all sorts of stories about how drunk she's been. I go out maybe once a month and Mum gives me a disapproving look if I get up hungover the next day. I think older siblings just get the rubbish deal, because if we turn out to be a success then it doesn't matter what the younger ones do...
Reply 5837
Original post by Danielle89
Yeah, this was her first relationship and she thought it was all great because he never voiced any concerns that he'd obviously had. Just because you pretend everything's great doesn't mean it is... She actually said that she didn't think she could carry on in a relationship if they argued because it would be too much stress. She thinks he's been excellently honest with her in calling time on the whole thing, but she was devastated because she couldn't see it coming.

I get stressed out when I bicker with Marc but prefer that to having to keep my mouth shut about things that bug me.

Jeh-Jeh, I know the feeling with younger siblings being treated more favourably. My 19 year old sister goes out at least once a week, usually more, and tells all sorts of stories about how drunk she's been. I go out maybe once a month and Mum gives me a disapproving look if I get up hungover the next day. I think older siblings just get the rubbish deal, because if we turn out to be a success then it doesn't matter what the younger ones do...

To be honest, how's she ever going to have a healthy relationship if she finds it too stressful to voice issues/have arguments? In my opinion, it's part of growing together as a couple - we laugh about the vast majority of our arguments now!

I think people think that I view my childhood through rose-tinted spectacles, but I am aware that I was a hormonal horror, but at the same time all three of my sisters (and ultimately my little brother) are afforded much more freedom simply because there's now four drivers (and cars) in the family when there was two (one of whom, my dad, worked unsociably long hours) when I was growing up.

My mum was talking about how some of my sister's friends have turned on her because they're friends with the ex she cheated on last night, and how it's not fair because she was in a similar situation when she was young... err, love, still doesn't mean it's right! I'd be fuming if boy cheated on me! Sister's new boyfriend is coming round to cook dinner for my mum tonight (my dad's on holiday), which is weird... HE HAS HIS OWN MOTHER, and we're capable in this house... my mum is basically the head of our house, anyway, so it's not like we're particularly lacking a male figure in my dad's (week long) absence. So strange.
Original post by blinkbelle

Yep :smile:

And I know all about younger siblings getting away with more too
Original post by jeh_jeh
Sunday blues are the worst. :hugs: I saw B from Thursday night to yesterday evening this week, and I just feel so unmotivated to do anything! :sad:

:hugs: thanks xx

Latest