The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Back at home now :frown: Kinda at a loss of what to do - the boy normally doesn't leave until about 4, so usually I have less time to fill :s-smilie: He was a gentleman at the station - my friend was there going home, and was really struggling with her backs, and the boy helped her get them on the train without me having to even ask ^^

----

The boy and I have never had a proper argument. It's quite hard to argue with someone who's so laid back that they're practically horizontal :tongue: Most of the time, we're able to sort things out before they become an issue. There have been a couple of times I've got really upset, but I wouldn't really class them as arguments - generally, I throw a strop/have a massive cry, he waits for me to calm down, then we talk through what's bothering me.

As for siblings, my brother has to much more freedom than I do. He'll go out, and will refuse to let my parents know what time he's getting home. He'll often stay out until 2/3 in the morning. I would never have got away with that when I was his age, and tbh, I doubt I would even now :s-smilie: It's very frustrating.
Original post by jeh_jeh
PRSOM, but thanks! Did you get yours in-store or online? I'll probably end up going to the Bullring, anyway, so hopefully they'll have a good selection there. Some of them are so prettyyy!

I got mine in the store, so I'm sure Birmingham will have a good selection since the Debenhams in my home town did! I have dropped arches as well and I find them SO much more comfortable than other heels, because they're wider and they have a layer of soft material in between your foot and the rest of the shoe sole. I hope you manage to find a pair!

Aaah, stress. I have so much to do before I go home tomorrow evening. Since I'm the last one here, I've just done all the washing up (which wasn't even mine :sigh:), cleaned the kitchen surfaces and put the bins out, and I still have to finish my essay, tidy my room a bit more, write a packing list, actually pack, and nip into town quickly tomorrow morning to buy the other half of my mum's present. I hate end of term travel stress so much.
How strange, I have those Clarks shoes that Flo posted, and my ex bought me that Tiffany ring that Katie has just bought!

Had a really nice day yesterday, went out in London. Went to the aquarium, had lunch and then went shopping on Oxford St til about 9.30. So achey today after all that walking! Just back home for a bit to see my mum while my bf watches the football, then back to his for cuddles later :love:

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:
Eurgh. Yesterday was a horrible, horrible day. Nearly broke up with J. =/ It's better now, but I think he was having a bit of a commitment phobic panic attack and stress monster man period. Just a horrible, horrible day :frown:
Reply 5844
Original post by Sephrenia
Eurgh. Yesterday was a horrible, horrible day. Nearly broke up with J. =/ It's better now, but I think he was having a bit of a commitment phobic panic attack and stress monster man period. Just a horrible, horrible day :frown:

:hugs:

---

My mum's had a Kobo for Mothers' Day, and I'm SO jealous. I really want the Vox - it's an e-reader/iPad combination that runs the Android operating system (hi, apps!). :love: Pfft, maybe not, seems it doesn't run Android Market - but its own version, GetJar - which will mean a smaller selection of apps. Faaail. It's still beautiful, though!
(edited 12 years ago)
:hugs: Trish, glad you've sorted it out

And that's weird Hannah!
It's a shame Katie, because I loved that ring. He put me off wearing it!
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36789401']

The boy and I have never had a proper argument. It's quite hard to argue with someone who's so laid back that they're practically horizontal :tongue: Most of the time, we're able to sort things out before they become an issue. There have been a couple of times I've got really upset, but I wouldn't really class them as arguments - generally, I throw a strop/have a massive cry, he waits for me to calm down, then we talk through what's bothering me.

Ben and I are the same. I imagine as we're together a bit longer it might happen from time to time, but he's so relaxed barely anything ruffles his feathers. I'm not the complete opposite but certain things do bother me! We seem to be like you two, he lets me calm down first before attempting to talk! :colondollar:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36781646']I haven't even thought about what I'm wearing for graduation :s-smilie:

Same, it hasn't even crossed my mind. I've not even enrolled for it yet but I've got till May. I'm just going to worry about getting the work done first, I can sort clothes once I've got all my exams out the way (in less than 2 months :eek:). How come people are thinking about it already? Or do you have a really early graduation Jess? I seem to remember people being told they had to wear a certain kind of outfit anyway (might have been people on here?) so I'm not going to worry.

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36789401']The boy and I have never had a proper argument. It's quite hard to argue with someone who's so laid back that they're practically horizontal :tongue: Most of the time, we're able to sort things out before they become an issue. There have been a couple of times I've got really upset, but I wouldn't really class them as arguments - generally, I throw a strop/have a massive cry, he waits for me to calm down, then we talk through what's bothering me.

We're like that too. I have a really bad temper and could argue about anything but he just doesn't argue. Well, didn't. We've started fighting more now but I suppose that happens after a while, especially living together.

Original post by Sephrenia

:hugs: Glad things are better.

Original post by jeh_jeh
SIBLINGS ARE ANNOYING.

Yessss they are. My sister is an absolute horror, she's so lazy and spoilt. Every time you speak to her or ask her to do something she snaps and can't unset the table or whatever cos she has soooo much work to do. And yet she spends half her time round at her boyfriend's house..? :rolleyes:

:hugs: for everyone.
Reply 5849
Original post by New...Romantic
Or do you have a really early graduation Jess?

Not especially early, no (17th July), but with having such ****ed up feet, formal shoe hunting is an absolute nightmare, so by extension so is dress shopping - I have to make sure I can match what I can find shoe-wise with the dress, so I always need absolutely loads of time when I need a new outfit. Quite annoying, really, as I still have a mountain of work to do!

New...Romantic
Yessss they are. My sister is an absolute horror, she's so lazy and spoilt. Every time you speak to her or ask her to do something she snaps and can't unset the table or whatever cos she has soooo much work to do. And yet she spends half her time round at her boyfriend's house..? :rolleyes:

Sounds like my sister: can never do stuff with the rest of the family because of revision, but has time to see the boyfriend.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys!

Had a lovely lazy weekend with the boyfriend :smile: apart from heading to Oxford St to buy him a new jumper, and into Brixton to buy vegan cupcakes, we pretty much spent all weekend chilling, watching tv and films and eating! Made both of us cooked breakfasts - me the vegan version of course, and he treated us to a takeaway curry last night which was also yum! Probably doubled my body weight in the space of two days but it was so worth it!

Re: arguing - me and the boy argue quite a lot. We've been through quite a lot despite not being together very long, which has inevitably cause lots of falling out :frown: but we've got through it now and are stronger than ever. I think it varies from couple to couple how you deal with conflict and stuff. Me and my ex never argued but ended up having the most awful, devastating break up ever because he'd kept so much inside. Me and my boy argue about once a week but its never over anything serious, and I think its just to blow off steam. I've never been happier with someone so it's definitely something I don't think is a problem for us :smile:
xx
Original post by blinkbelle
Hi guys!

Had a lovely lazy weekend with the boyfriend :smile: apart from heading to Oxford St to buy him a new jumper, and into Brixton to buy vegan cupcakes, we pretty much spent all weekend chilling, watching tv and films and eating! Made both of us cooked breakfasts - me the vegan version of course, and he treated us to a takeaway curry last night which was also yum! Probably doubled my body weight in the space of two days but it was so worth it!

Re: arguing - me and the boy argue quite a lot. We've been through quite a lot despite not being together very long, which has inevitably cause lots of falling out :frown: but we've got through it now and are stronger than ever. I think it varies from couple to couple how you deal with conflict and stuff. Me and my ex never argued but ended up having the most awful, devastating break up ever because he'd kept so much inside. Me and my boy argue about once a week but its never over anything serious, and I think its just to blow off steam. I've never been happier with someone so it's definitely something I don't think is a problem for us :smile:
xx

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend :smile: I really like weekends like that - I love just chilling out with my boy, and especially cooking together (it does me good to let go of control sometimes - I do sometimes get frustrated when he doesn't so things EXACTLY like I would :tongue:)

And the bold bit, it's this exactly. It's so dependent of personality types - a couple where both people like to get things out in the open and deal with things head on is almost invariably going to have more arguments than a couple where one person is very laid back, and doesn't let things get to them. The problem comes when you get one or both people who ignore problems and don't talk at all about what's upsetting them. I mean, my boy is incredibly laid back, but I know (or at least I like to think that I know) that if he had a problem, he'd talk to me about it. We have discussed how hard we find the distance, and how it makes communication type things more difficult/it means we need to work harder at some things, so I'd like to think that we would be able to talk about things and tackle them.
Reply 5852
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36794304']Sounds like you had an awesome weekend :smile: I really like weekends like that - I love just chilling out with my boy, and especially cooking together (it does me good to let go of control sometimes - I do sometimes get frustrated when he doesn't so things EXACTLY like I would :tongue:)

And the bold bit, it's this exactly. It's so dependent of personality types - a couple where both people like to get things out in the open and deal with things head on is almost invariably going to have more arguments than a couple where one person is very laid back, and doesn't let things get to them. The problem comes when you get one or both people who ignore problems and don't talk at all about what's upsetting them. I mean, my boy is incredibly laid back, but I know (or at least I like to think that I know) that if he had a problem, he'd talk to me about it. We have discussed how hard we find the distance, and how it makes communication type things more difficult/it means we need to work harder at some things, so I'd like to think that we would be able to talk about things and tackle them.

It used to be either my way or the highway, but I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that it doesn't really matter in the long run if you put pasta in cold or boiling water. :p:

And I agree with the arguing thing, too. I probably expect him to be a mind reader sometimes, but he's getting much better at telling me when he's upset or frustrated, so we balance each other out somehow.
Reply 5853
Original post by blinkbelle
Oo is this the gift card you won in a competition a while back?

Have my boy for 3 more hours but got the Sunday blues already :frown: xx

I hate the Sunday blues, mine set in on Sat night when I know it's the last night I'll be able to cuddle up and go to sleep for another week. Didn't help last night that I some really crap dreams which didn't put me in a good mood waking up.

Dropped my bf off at the station just over an hour ago :frown: been crying ever since. Four nights to go.
Original post by jeh_jeh
It used to be either my way or the highway, but I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that it doesn't really matter in the long run if you put pasta in cold or boiling water. :p:

And I agree with the arguing thing, too. I probably expect him to be a mind reader sometimes, but he's getting much better at telling me when he's upset or frustrated, so we balance each other out somehow.

Hahaha, one of my major annoyances this weekend was that he used water from the tap whereas I use it from the kettle xD

Original post by Lil-Lele
I hate the Sunday blues, mine set in on Sat night when I know it's the last night I'll be able to cuddle up and go to sleep for another week. Didn't help last night that I some really crap dreams which didn't put me in a good mood waking up.

Dropped my bf off at the station just over an hour ago :frown: been crying ever since. Four nights to go.

:hugs: I hate bad dreams. I had one a while ago where the boy dumped my and wouldn't tell me why, or even see me. I woke up shaking and feeling like I'd been punched in the stomach. Luckily, he was actually ehre for that one, so I was able to know that it wasn't real (although I wasn't sure for a few seconds whether to hug him or punch him).

Porr Benji nearly didn't get breakfast this morning cause I dreamt that I'd already made it for him :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
We argue occasionally, but they're tiny spats at best, really. We've never had a proper argument. Si went through a very bad time with his parents before he met me (really messy, horrible divorce situation) so he hates any sort of confrontation.

I'm feeling so desperate to see him at the moment, but we have just under two weeks to go yet :frown: I'm missing him terribly.
I need advice ladies. Andy bought me a ring for my 21st birthday from H Samuel, he bought insurance for it but has lost it (typical man!). A week or so ago on of the pearls came off its setting so I took it to a local jewellers for an estimate. They have said that it'll cost £58.50 to reset the pearl. I went into H Samuel today and explained the situation to them and they were able to find his insurance details there. The ring costs more now in store than when he bought it (18 months ago) and the repair will be expensive so they won't repair it, instead they'll replace it. The rational part of me thinks "yay, new ring with new warranty/insurance etc" but the sentimental part of me is saying that it's not going to be my birthday ring any more, it'll just be the replacement. We could pay to have it repaired but that seems like such a stupid thing to do. What should I do? Be rational and get a new one or try and repair the original one? I'm stuck :frown:
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I need advice ladies. Andy bought me a ring for my 21st birthday from H Samuel, he bought insurance for it but has lost it (typical man!). A week or so ago on of the pearls came off its setting so I took it to a local jewellers for an estimate. They have said that it'll cost £58.50 to reset the pearl. I went into H Samuel today and explained the situation to them and they were able to find his insurance details there. The ring costs more now in store than when he bought it (18 months ago) and the repair will be expensive so they won't repair it, instead they'll replace it. The rational part of me thinks "yay, new ring with new warranty/insurance etc" but the sentimental part of me is saying that it's not going to be my birthday ring any more, it'll just be the replacement. We could pay to have it repaired but that seems like such a stupid thing to do. What should I do? Be rational and get a new one or try and repair the original one? I'm stuck :frown:

I'd just get it replaced. A replacement doesn't take away from the original meaning or gesture. It will look the same and over time I'm sure you won't even notice that it is a replacement.
Reply 5858

I would honestly just not think like that, and get it replaced. Totally not the same thing, but I was a bit gutted when my phone stopped working and I got a replacement... but it's fine. It's really not worth paying £60 over. But, yeah, think of it as an opportunity to create lots of new memories wearing it!

---

Sister and boyfriend are lying on the floor by the fire (I'm only in here because it's warm!) and they're lying all over each other and it's ridiculous. I've made a joke about it, but they just told me to go away. :s-smilie:

Also, annoyed at Amazon! Want to buy some English DVDs, but none of them specific if they come with Italian audio, which is really what I want (Italian DVDs are expensive!).

Replace it. It's still the ring he gave you, only a bit fixed :biggrin:

Latest