The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrGoGetIt
Here's my dilemma I have received an offer from kent and newcastle uni both requiring an ABB kent for history and politics and newcastle straight politics I have done history at A level but not politics. I have no idea where to go newcastle is far but I wudnt really mind I guess the key thing is the better degree? Help

I guess Newcastle if you want the better nightlife and slight better prestige I guess being a RG uni and all.

Though if you really want to study history alongside politics and don't mind a quiet town with not as great nightlife compared to Newcastle then I would pick Kent.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1221
Firmed my unconditional offer for law :smile:
Well - I have unconditional from Kent and Keele.
Went to Kent last time and really liked it there. Went to Keele today and LOVED it.
I really think i'm going to firm keele.
I know kent is ranked better on league tables etc - but am i making a really bad mistake?
Teachers seemed so much more enthusiastic at Keele.
Original post by Hetamax
Offer for biomedical science is firmed! Buzzin' :biggrin:

Me too :biggrin:
Reply 1224
Still waiting for Computer Science here.

I couldn't attend either of the interviews they gave me, but informed them of this and they just sent an email back saying thank you for letting them know. The latest interview I missed was January, so I thought I'd of had an offer/rejection by now :frown:

I want to reply to my offers but need a reply first as I might pick Kent as my insurance.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have an interview for the Forensic Psychology masters Thursday next week :woo:
Original post by fairylights
hello :smile: decided to put Kent as my firm today! really loved it on the open day :smile: deciding on accommodation now, i love how how they ask your musical preference :wink: xx

Do they? I don't remember that. Seems like a pretty good idea to me :smile:
Reply 1227
Original post by fairylights
hello :smile: decided to put Kent as my firm today! really loved it on the open day :smile: deciding on accommodation now, i love how how they ask your musical preference :wink: xx

Hi c:
Congrats!
Which course is it? I'll add you to the first post ^^
Original post by aliluvschoc
Aah, I applied to MSc Forensic Psychology, not Forensic Science as you've put in the list :colondollar:

Sorry about that >< changed it c:

Original post by FristyKino
Well - I have unconditional from Kent and Keele.
Went to Kent last time and really liked it there. Went to Keele today and LOVED it.
I really think i'm going to firm keele.
I know kent is ranked better on league tables etc - but am i making a really bad mistake?
Teachers seemed so much more enthusiastic at Keele.

Not if you feel you'll do better at Keele c: I've done the same with Kent and Nottingham for my course ^^

Original post by aliluvschoc
I have an interview for the Forensic Psychology masters Thursday next week :woo:

Good Luck c: Hope you do well!
How to dress during the interview? I'm generally on the heavy weight of things..I'm scared of my interview....
Original post by Onique
Hi c:
Congrats!
Which course is it? I'll add you to the first post ^^

Sorry about that >< changed it c:

Not if you feel you'll do better at Keele c: I've done the same with Kent and Nottingham for my course ^^

Good Luck c: Hope you do well!

American Studies :smile: xx
Hi! I got two conditional offers from Kent. One for Electronic and Communications Engineering, and the other for Computer Systems Engineering. :biggrin:

-Krisha
Reply 1231
Firmed my unconditional offer for Computer Systems Engineering with a Foundation year at Kent a while back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1232
Uni Kent 2012 APPLICANTS!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318532011535113/ < Join the facebook group and start getting know each other!

Share it!
Reply 1233

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318532011535113/ < Join the facebook group and start getting know each other!

Share it!
Original post by alikingo

Share it!

The link takes me to "content unavailable" - might be cos I'm on my phone, but it could be a slight technical hitch you'll want to correct! :smile:
Reply 1235
Original post by alikingo

Share it!

Original post by ninegrandstudent
The link takes me to "content unavailable" - might be cos I'm on my phone, but it could be a slight technical hitch you'll want to correct! :smile:

Same for me =/
Original post by Plutonium
I've applied for the Astrophysics course (well whatever it's called)
I received acknowledgement a few days ago, I really hope they get back to me soooon!
AS - AABC (Electronics,Physics,Chemistry,Maths)
A2 pred - A*AB (Electronics,Physics,Maths) oh and A*/A for extended project

I'm currently a foundation physics student at kent uni so yeah you can ask w=away if you wanna know about the course :smile: ..... might see you next year as we'll all be taking the same modules
Firmed Kent :smile:
I've firmed Anthropology :smile: Very excited about starting now, if I get the grades XD I also applied for Parkwood houses as my first accommodation choice, in case anyone else has too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1239
Original post by Onique
Same for me =

THE ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN FIXED! Please share the page. Once we have enough people, we can then create discussions to talk about the subject & accommodation stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest