The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amyshamblesxx
:smile: are you a fellow yid?!

Oh and I've never tried that on a stir fry but I can imagine it would be lovely, so confirm!

CONFIRM or DENY: Strawberry is the nicest jam to have on toast

I am indeed. A big one! COYS. :biggrin:

And confirm. Jam isn't my first choice on toast, but if I was to have it...it'd always be strawberry.

Confirm or deny: Cooked lettuce is delicious.
Reply 181
Original post by MelissaJayne
I am indeed. A big one! COYS. :biggrin:

And confirm. Jam isn't my first choice on toast, but if I was to have it...it'd always be strawberry.

Confirm or deny: Cooked lettuce is delicious.

I've never eaten it cooked, but I guess it'd be ok as a filler with something else so confirm.

Confirm or deny: Oregano can ruin an otherwise perfectly good pizza.
Denied!

I love oregano, it's make a pizza for me <3

Confirm or deny; Pickled in sweet vinegar > pickles in regular vinegar
Reply 183
DENY. Spicy, sour vinegar-drenched Silverskin Onions are the sexiest.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Nestle lion cereal in no way resembles Lion Bars, and totally missed a trick by not including RICE KRISPIES considering it's a RICE KRISPIE-BASED chocolate bar!!
Original post by TotoMimo
DENY. Spicy, sour vinegar-drenched Silverskin Onions are the sexiest.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Nestle lion cereal in no way resembles Lion Bars, and totally missed a trick by not including RICE KRISPIES considering it's a RICE KRISPIE-BASED chocolate bar!!

CONFIRM! Mmmmmm *imagining lion/toffee crisp offspring*

CONFIRM OR DENY: cheese and onion crisps are the BEST :biggrin:
Reply 185
Original post by lolololol
CONFIRM! Mmmmmm *imagining lion/toffee crisp offspring*

CONFIRM OR DENY: cheese and onion crisps are the BEST :biggrin:

DENIED: I prefer hot paprika ones. They make my mouth water. ><

CONFIRM OR DENY: Isn't Italian paste arrabiata sauce the best?

PS: Followed very closely by alle vongole. Miam!
Reply 186
Deny. I actually love a simple tomato pasta sauce, like Dominios :smile:

Confirm or deny: Pringles have lost their mind with the new flavours they are releasing currently.
DENY. I love trying out new flavours of crisps, and the more choice, the better! Want to try the Kebab ones...

CONFIRM or DENY: Brie is not a very nice cheese (don't get me wrong, I love cheese, but Brie is just... ughh...)
CONFIRM: Brie is horrid, especially all the rind and when you try to remove it you're just left with a kind of chalky goo. Give me a proper cheese instead any day.

CONFIRM or DENY: The best bit of a microwave meal is the cheese that hardens and goes chewy and crispy around the edge that you have to scrape off with a knife.
Original post by Norfolkadam
CONFIRM: Brie is horrid, especially all the rind and when you try to remove it you're just left with a kind of chalky goo. Give me a proper cheese instead any day.

CONFIRM or DENY: The best bit of a microwave meal is the cheese that hardens and goes chewy and crispy around the edge that you have to scrape off with a knife.

CONFIRM! Respect to you Adam of Norfolk, respect.

Confirm or deny: As much as I love bacon, I think the smell of it frying is actually nicer than the taste.
THIS IS SO SO TRUE. Ahem. Confirm.

Confirm or Deny: Eating corn on the cob isn't worth the effort. It's scorching, butter drips, it gets stuck in teethm your hands get messy. Just get a tin.
Original post by Viennaberry
THIS IS SO SO TRUE. Ahem. Confirm.

Confirm or Deny: Eating corn on the cob isn't worth the effort. It's scorching, butter drips, it gets stuck in teethm your hands get messy. Just get a tin.

DENIED. The whole 'awkward, greasy butter dripping everywhere' experience is what makes it so great!

Confirm or deny: chocolate bars melting on a hot day is heavenly. Yes, it makes it messy and awkward to eat because it's stuck to the packet, but OHMYGAWD melted chocolate is the BEST.

Unless you've half eaten a bar, put it in your pocket and it's gunked everywhere. Not that I'm silly enough to allow that to happen... :ninja:
Reply 192
Deny- messy food irritates me, even chocolate.

Confirm or deny- people who say cheese on toast is just like really cheesy pizza need their sense of taste and smell tested.
Original post by syrettd
Deny- messy food irritates me, even chocolate.

Confirm or deny- people who say cheese on toast is just like really cheesy pizza need their sense of taste and smell tested.

Confirmed. People actually think that? 0.0

Confirm or Deny: When possible, a bit of golden syrup should be added to a dessert or in a baking recipe.
Reply 194
Original post by Emilyborden
Confirmed. People actually think that? 0.0

Confirm or Deny: When possible, a bit of golden syrup should be added to a dessert or in a baking recipe.

I like my pizza with loads of cheese and hardly any sauce. I don't like to be able to taste the sauce. People tell me to eat cheese on toast instead, as it tastes exactly the same. No. NO NO NO!

Deny- not a fan of syrup, but that's probably from having a diabetic mum so not really having had much of it.

Confirm or deny- Fancy restaurants don't come anywhere near the tastiness of a ridiculously cheap pizza place.
Reply 195
DENY. I love fancy restaurants! :biggrin:

Sorry! Though I have to give props to the cheap pizza places, they are fairly awesome :smile:

Confirm or deny: Innocent's 'Pineapple, Banana and Coconut' is the best :smile:
Reply 196
DENIED. Anyone willing to pay that amount of money for a smoothie clearly hasn't frequented Marks and Spencers fresh smoothies section... STRAWBERRIES, VANILLA AND CREAM oh GAW AW WAWD.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Choosing the "Salad" option at Subway is totally underrated as they ACTUALLY RULE.
Reply 197
Deny- I don't like salad and Subway is massively overrated in general. I got a baguette place here that'll do any filling you like for £1!

Confirm or deny- milk tastes so much better if it's had cereal in it. I actually can't drink milk on it's own, I hate the taste. But in cereal, I eat all my rice krispies and drink the milk that's left. Yummy!
Deny! I dislike milk unless its warm and I don't eat cereal for that matter as it's too dry without milk... but I don't like the milk 0.o

Confirm or Deny
Maoam sweets are better then Haribo's
Reply 199
CONFIRM. Haribo are effectively SUPER EXPENSIVE versions of penny sweets I've always had as a kid from the corner shop, repackaged; whereas Maoam are unique.

CONFIRM OR DENY: That slice of fruit (orange, lemon etc) they always add to your cola etc in a bar only serves to ruin your drink and be a total nuisance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending