The Student Room Group

University of Dundee - DJCAD applicants 2012

I hope there isn't another thread about Dundee, at least I couldn't find one.

So, anyone who has applied to DJCAD? :biggrin: I am preparing my portfolio now for foundation and I am pretty scared as I have to send it on a disc. I have no idea how to arrange it :grin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hollllah! Applied for same thing :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ailieo15
Hollllah! Applied for same thing :smile:

Cool! I can't find many people in this forum who are applying to Dundee for art... it’s weird : D

Where are you from? Are you ready with your portfolio already?
Reply 3
I've applied to do the Foundation Year!
Reply 4
Original post by Usmih
Cool! I can't find many people in this forum who are applying to Dundee for art... it’s weird : D

Where are you from? Are you ready with your portfolio already?

I know right! Considering its a really good institution its so strange. I really loved it at the open day.

I'm from Aberdeen :smile: Where are you from? I think its ready, just need to make sure its not over the weight limit (such a random thing) and need to name all my sheets etc. How's your portfolio coming on?
Reply 5
Original post by reeka
I've applied to do the Foundation Year!

Good luck! :smile:))
Reply 6
I know right! Considering its a really good institution its so strange. I really loved it at the open day.

I'm from Aberdeen :smile: Where are you from? I think its ready, just need to make sure its not over the weight limit (such a random thing) and need to name all my sheets etc. How's your portfolio coming on?

Cool! Aberdeen is so green from the photos I've seen :smile:

I'm from Bulgaria. And I have to send my portfolio on a disc which is very confusing... I have no idea what I should include, they just say it has to be no less than 15 images. I'm still working on it, as usual I leave everything for the last moment. :biggrin:

Do you know how they select candidates at Dundee? I mean do they ask all the applicants to send their portfolios or they have selected part of the people for this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Usmih
Cool! Aberdeen is so green from the photos I've seen :smile:

I'm from Bulgaria. And I have to send my portfolio on a disc which is very confusing... I have no idea what I should include, they just say it has to be no less than 15 images. I'm still working on it, as usual I leave everything for the last moment. :biggrin:

Do you know how they select candidates at Dundee? I mean do they ask all the applicants to send their portfolios or they have selected part of the people for this?

Awesome! Are you gonna include like sketchbook work/inspiration sheets as well as finished work?

I was under the impression that they asked all applicants but i could be wrong.
Bonjourno, I've recently heard back from DJCAD about an interview for Textile Design.. I don't suppose any of you guys know how strict the University is when it comes to places? or whether the Interviews are fairly casual?
Reply 9
Awesome! Are you gonna include like sketchbook work/inspiration sheets as well as finished work?

I was under the impression that they asked all applicants but i could be wrong.

Yes, I am going to put some sketchbook works too but I have no idea how to do it :biggrin: Do you know how is it better - to put the sketchbook sheets with the finished peace together or they have to be separated and different? To be honest I have no one to help me with this, here in my country the selection criteria for universities is very different. I don't know what they expect from me at Dundee. I have seen videos in YouTube about how to make portfolios for British universities but I still am a little bit confused :biggrin: Are there any successful portfolios of people who could get in at Dundee? I can't find anything and it would be very useful to look at some :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by sammylouisey
Bonjourno, I've recently heard back from DJCAD about an interview for Textile Design.. I don't suppose any of you guys know how strict the University is when it comes to places? or whether the Interviews are fairly casual?

hey ya
unfortinatelly I don't know how strict they are but i've been asking myself the same thing :biggrin:
About the interview I think they will expect to see if you are confident about your work and that you can talk about it free. I think the impression from the interview will be very important for them.
Original post by Usmih
hey ya
unfortinatelly I don't know how strict they are but i've been asking myself the same thing :biggrin:
About the interview I think they will expect to see if you are confident about your work and that you can talk about it free. I think the impression from the interview will be very important for them.

My interview's on the 10th April, so I have quite a few weeks of worrying to endure still - eeek! ..what course have you applied for? ..Foundation?
Reply 12
My interview's on the 10th April, so I have quite a few weeks of worrying to endure still - eeek! ..what course have you applied for? ..Foundation?

it is scary, i hope everything goes well for you. Textile design sounds great. : )))

Yes, I am applying for foundation and there are no interviews. At first I thought that is a good thing but I am not so sure anymore... I mean on the interview you can impress them more and to show your art and personality from many more sides. I am worried because I have no formal art or design education. I probably don't stand a chance...
Original post by Usmih
it is scary, i hope everything goes well for you. Textile design sounds great. : )))

Yes, I am applying for foundation and there are no interviews. At first I thought that is a good thing but I am not so sure anymore... I mean on the interview you can impress them more and to show your art and personality from many more sides. I am worried because I have no formal art or design education. I probably don't stand a chance...

Thank-you! ..and for you also.

Ahhhh I see, I had something like that for my Edinburgh application. It's horrible, the fact you don't know what's actually going on. I'm sure you'll be okay though, just let your personality shine through your work! :smile:
Reply 14
Thank-you! ..and for you also.

Ahhhh I see, I had something like that for my Edinburgh application. It's horrible, the fact you don't know what's actually going on. I'm sure you'll be okay though, just let your personality shine through your work! :smile:

Thanks! We'll see what happens :smile:
Reply 15
Hey, I am applying for foundation too :smile: Usmih, I understand you very well, I'm from Poland and it looks totally different there. all I know about portfolio preparation is based on websides and so on, I have nobody to instruct me. But still, I believe that the pictures and potential are most important for them. About the formal education, I think that the Foundation is for all the talented people, we need to start somehow and enter that artistic community! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Magdalena.
Hey, I am applying for foundation too :smile: Usmih, I understand you very well, I'm from Poland and it looks totally different there. all I know about portfolio preparation is based on websides and so on, I have nobody to instruct me. But still, I believe that the pictures and potential are most important for them. About the formal education, I think that the Foundation is for all the talented people, we need to start somehow and enter that artistic community! :biggrin:

I realy hope so, that is way I have applied :biggrin:DD But still, If you look at the grades that they expect you to have, there are some about art or design. Whatsoever, We'll see, I wish you every sucsess! I am so scared right now that I can't barely draw anithing. :biggrin: I don't think any of my pictures are good but this is probably because of the stress :biggrin:DD Are you ready with your portfolio?

I am also worried because I couldn't find anything about the grades they expect you to have for English. I took TOEFL a few months ago, but I am not sure my score is enough :s Do you know anything about it?
just sent my portfolio today. does anyone know when we'll hear back? by 10th of may? ohhh such a long wait. i had an interview for gsa but just got rejected today. bbahh!
Reply 18
Original post by smschneider
just sent my portfolio today. does anyone know when we'll hear back? by 10th of may? ohhh such a long wait. i had an interview for gsa but just got rejected today. bbahh!

I’m sorry to hear that :frown: I hope you do well with Dundee.
I don’t know when we will receive their decisions but I really hope it is before 10th of May. They say the portfolio will remain with them for 2 weeks, I guess after that they will decide.
Reply 19
Original post by Usmih
I realy hope so, that is way I have applied :biggrin:DD But still, If you look at the grades that they expect you to have, there are some about art or design. Whatsoever, We'll see, I wish you every sucsess! I am so scared right now that I can't barely draw anithing. :biggrin: I don't think any of my pictures are good but this is probably because of the stress :biggrin:DD Are you ready with your portfolio?

I am also worried because I couldn't find anything about the grades they expect you to have for English. I took TOEFL a few months ago, but I am not sure my score is enough :s Do you know anything about it?

I have send my portfolio the day before yesterday :smile: But of course, now I'm worrying if I have done everything properly, I hope it will come in proper time and so on...classic x) Before the applications I have asked some unis, what if my school does not offer art and eny equivalent, they said that if sb's talented than there's no problem. So, I really hope they do not discriminate people because of that! And heyy, don't be stressed about your sketches! :wink: I believe that they're really good and you'll get an offer! :smile:
And about TOEFL, actually I am not well informed about the english exams, couse I am in international baccalaurate school, and therefore it's not required in my case :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest