The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Freshers Private Accomodation 2012

Hi :smile: I'm possibly (still deciding) using Lincoln as my first choice and I was just wondering if there would be anybody interested in going into private accomodation? I've looked on lincolnstudentpad.com and found some really nice places that look even better then the one's that the uni have and are even cheaper then some of them too. If I do end up applying I will post it on here, but for now I was just wondering.

A bit about me:
Hobbies: Reading, watching films, listening to music, browsing on the internet
Course applying: BA Journalism
Drinking: I do drink but I don't get drunk, I drink for the taste (I do sometimes get tipsy though).
Nightlife/Social: I would much rather go to a pub then a club. I haven't been to a club so I will try it, but to be honest, the pub sounds so much better. I love the cinema and I would love to get more time to go to the theatre too (I love anything related to culture).
Reply 1
(forgive any typos my keyboard is partially broken)
I'm looking for private accomadtion at the moment, definatley don't fancy halls. :P Trying to find some where close-ISH to the uni ( within about a 10-20 mins walking distance or a bus ride) Im stationed up opposite the catherderal so I have to hike up that darn hill every day... looking forward to that....

just trying to find some one to rent with is my prioraty at the moment- Don't want to end up with some one who youre gonna be butting heads with allt ime time =/

About me:
Hobbies: reading, writting, drawing, baking. internet stuffs, walking.
Course: BA Illustration
Drinking: I dont really drink. I'll have rather literally one glass of archers and lemondae or somethign and I'm good for the rest of the night XD
Other- I dont smoke, I love curling up and watching movies or documentaries on the tv.

where else are you thinking of going ? :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hi :smile: it's ok. Don't worry.

Yeah, finding someone was one of my worries but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Damn that hill, well I'm sure you'll get used to it eventually.

It sounds like we have a lot in common so I think we'd get along quite well to be honest.

I've got offers from Lincoln-Journalism, Edge Hill-Creative Writing and English Literature, Anglia Ruskin-Writing and English Literature, Leeds Trinity-English Literature and Writing and York St John-Creative Writing and English Literature

I don't really fancy halls much either, I don't wanna be with a massive group of people who are gonna want to go out and get drunk as much as they can haha. I prefer the quiet :P
Reply 3
Oh hey I applied to Anglia Ruskin too 8D Got it down and my backup choice.

nah halls definatley arnt my style. Im a really light sleeper and you just KNOW that you'll be sandwhiched in btween the two party animals in halls.... I also kinda dont like the idea of sharing a kitchen with about 7 other people... you konw someones onna eat your food >_<

SOunds like we would get along fairly well! :biggrin: Keep me posted on what you're doing uni wise :biggrin:
Oh, awesome. I've not visited Lincoln but Anglia Ruskin is really nice. A bit expensive as it is in Cambridge though.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons why I wanted to go private. I do enjoy going out but I do want to be able to go to sleep too. I don't wanna be with a massive group of random people. The most amount of people I would wanna be with is 4 (that including me). Anymore than that just seems too much for my liking. Anybody steals my food, I assure them, it will not end well for them :P

Yes, it does :biggrin: I will do. Thanks for the friend request by the way
Reply 5
Lincolns lovley :biggrin: its a lot like cambridge with the old buildings and what not but theres a moderner shopping bit further down the hill and some lovley parks and little terrace houses 10 minutes out of the centre :smile:

XD Oh we'd most definaltey get on rather well. Ive been looking at houses with a maximum of two other people to share with 'cause I like my own space. But anyone touches my food and **** will hit the fan....

Youree welcome :3
Reply 6
i'm going halls for first year just to get to know people then move private i think. just gonna have to live with the worry of people eating my food
Original post by Tallix
Lincolns lovley :biggrin: its a lot like cambridge with the old buildings and what not but theres a moderner shopping bit further down the hill and some lovley parks and little terrace houses 10 minutes out of the centre :smile:

XD Oh we'd most definaltey get on rather well. Ive been looking at houses with a maximum of two other people to share with 'cause I like my own space. But anyone touches my food and **** will hit the fan....

Youree welcome :3

Well I keep looking at the videos the uni have made and other vids I can find online (including TomSka :P) It sounds so lovely. I can see myself living there for the next three years (fingers crossed). Have you firmed your offer? I'm so happy I've found someone who I'll get along with :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Bethan-Butterfly
Well I keep looking at the videos the uni have made and other vids I can find online (including TomSka :P) It sounds so lovely. I can see myself living there for the next three years (fingers crossed). Have you firmed your offer? I'm so happy I've found someone who I'll get along with :biggrin:

i can defffo see my self living in Lincoln for three yers its beaut. Yep I firmed my offer for Lincoln and my backup choice is Anglia Ruskin but I more or less already have the grades to get into Lincoln so im deffo going there :biggrin:
Nice one :smile: What course is it for Anglia Ruskin? What grades do you need to get into Lincoln?
Reply 10
Same course as Lincoln, BA hons Illustration :3 I neeedddd..... a DMM ( destinction merit merit) and I'm pretty sure I'm already on that, cause we had a grading...thing not too long back.

Where abouts are you from and what grades do you need for your course? :smile:
I'm from Sheffield (only an hour on the train).

Oh ok, I'm guessing you're doing a BTEC then? I need 280 Points (I'm doing A Levels) so thats basically 2 Bs and a C. I'm really thinking about applying here now.

Have you applied for student finance by the way? I'm in middle of doing it and it wants to know when the end of my course is and I have no idea when :s-smilie:
Reply 12
ahhh thats not too bad then 8D Im from round by leeds area so its an hour and a bit on the rain for me too.

UHHHHH I started it. And couldnt make heads nor tails of half of the damned questions.need to go through it with my tutor. =/

And I dont even understand that finance calculator seriously- ive been to two finance talks that both told me i barley get any money, the owest amount possible and its telling me i get about 5 grand. SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHATS GOING ON.
It's so complicated :s-smilie: I've not even had a go on that yet but from finance talks I've been on the total I'd get is around 6 grand, maybe a bit over. I'm gonna try and get the rest done a.s.a.p. so I'm gonna try and talk to mine as well.

By the way, in terms of accomodation, have you seen anywhere nice? Private mail me a link if you do :smile:
Reply 14
Ill message you next week :smile: Im going to go look at some more houses next friday :biggrin: so Ill let you know if I see anything
Ok, that's fine. Oh awesome, have fun :smile: I'll be a while responding to you though, I'm on holiday for a week so I won't be able to get online though

Quick Reply

Latest