The Student Room Group

Your favourite book covers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jane Austen's Emma, from the 'Penguin Threads' series - this is the one-off original cover, which was hand embroidered by Jillian Tamaki. The cover of my copy is printed with an image of the original cover (complete with the reverse side of the stitching on the inside flaps) and is made from textured cardboard so it feels like embroidery. It's very pretty and fits the style of the book perfectly.

Emmy+Penguin+Threads.jpg
Reply 22
We should have a 'show us your bookcase' thread so we can see all of these. I know some people keep their books arranged by colours.

I just have my books stacked on top of some drawers right now though, I don't have a bookcase here, and I'm moving back home in May.
Reply 23
Original post by PJ991
We should have a 'show us your bookcase' thread so we can see all of these. I know some people keep their books arranged by colours.

I just have my books stacked on top of some drawers right now though, I don't have a bookcase here, and I'm moving back home in May.

Bookshelves arranged by colour look awesome. I have this one pinned on my Pinterest

My own books are alphabetical though!

As for favourite covers, OP I am with you on foreign versions of Haruki Murakami books... I like this one of After Dark

Reply 24
Original post by Norfolkadam
I like the new covers of Will Self's books:

I like the Penguin Poets series:

I could go on, and on, and on in this post because I'm really into book cover design but I'll just leave it at these two.

The Penguin Poetry series looks really pretty!

Some of my faves are:

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/thumbs/www/articles_2011_03_21/The_Hobbit_book_cover_square_300x300.jpg?1300725877 (Not actually read The Hobbit, but really like the cover.

http://www.erasingclouds.com/asylum.jpg

(I don't know how to post pictures, so you've just got the links, sorry!)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51x6JuT8V2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg
Reply 25
Original post by hmaus
Bookshelves arranged by colour look awesome. I have this one pinned on my Pinterest

My own books are alphabetical though!

It actually looks amazing arranged by colour!
Reply 26
fairy fairy.jpg

This one's from Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary
Original post by PJ991

]

Alphabetical order is the key to success :smile:
Reply 28
I have a lovely vintage copy of Anna Karenina in scarlet with gold embossing that I bought from a second-hand book shop.

I also think the hardback edition of The Hobbit has a lovely cover:

the_hobbit_book_cover.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jackal The

Hmm, that is a good cover indeed!!

What is this book like? Think it'd be of interest to me...
Reply 30
nice covers
Reply 31
Original post by blu tack
Scarlett-Thomas-The-End-of-Mr-Y.jpg

6a00d83451bcff69e20115711ec7d1970c-300wi.jpg

yesss i love these!:d
Reply 32

I also like the Oxford Shakespeare editions:

Reply 33
Original post by geetar

I also like the Oxford Shakespeare editions:

I love the one for Coriolanus. I can see where recent film posters got some of their inspiration from!
Reply 34
Original post by Daydreamer18
Hmm, that is a good cover indeed!!

What is this book like? Think it'd be of interest to me...

I personally loved it but found it somewhat disturbing.
Reply 36
I collect the old Penguin books, beautiful covers. I've got mugs and everything. :cool:
Original post by Norfolkadam
I like the new covers of Will Self's books:

I like the Penguin Poets series:

I could go on, and on, and on in this post because I'm really into book cover design but I'll just leave it at these two.

Do you know where to get the penguin poets series from? :smile:
images.jpg

Not my favourite book, but definitely my most aesthetically pleasing. It also has postcards throughout.

Quick Reply

Latest