The Student Room Group

Cadbury Philadelphia - any good?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
i really want to try it...
but can someone tell me does it have that slight nuttyness that chocolate spread has?
im hoping it will be exactly that you see... chocolate spread without the nutty yucky ness
x

You'd have liked Milky Way spread I think. Did you ever try it? The Cadbury Philadelphia doesn't have the nuttyness but it does have a strange cheese taste. It's nice but isn't just milk chocolate spread though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Divine. I ate a whole tub in two days... :ashamed2:
Original post by lolololol
Divine. I ate a whole tub in two days... Like a boss :cool:

Fixed that for you.
Reply 23
cheese and chocolate ... sounds vile, not gunna lie.
Original post by fleur de lis
I see Cadbury have teamed up with Philadelphia to make a chocolate version:

Has anyone tried it yet? What did you think of it?

They haven't really teamed up, kraft own both companies. And I suspect this is the first step in the demise of cadburys chocolate into horrible yank crap. :pierre:
Reply 25
Cadbury haven't "teamed up" with anyone.

Philadelphia are owned by Kraft.
Cadburys are owned by Kraft.

Oh, wait, someone before me clearly knows what they're talking about too! Well done for not being a muppet like the rest, Foghorn.
It tastes like a sour chocolate spread.
cheese and chocolate combined? GOTTA GO AND BUY THIS!
Reply 28
If I'm not mistaken it's £1 in Asda.
I keep meaning to try this! I love cheesecake topping
Reply 30
It's what dreams are made of
Original post by curtis871
You'd have liked Milky Way spread I think. Did you ever try it? The Cadbury Philadelphia doesn't have the nuttyness but it does have a strange cheese taste. It's nice but isn't just milk chocolate spread though.

no i didnt :frown: id never even heard of it before...
im going to have to give the cadbury philly a go me thinks... if nothing else i bet it would make an awesome baileys cheesecake :biggrin:!
x
im going to have to give the cadbury philly a go me thinks... if nothing else i bet it would make an awesome baileys cheesecake :biggrin:!
x

:frown: I'm pretty sure they've stopped making it now. I've not seen it anywhere for ages. That sounds like a great idea. I might have to steal it :tongue:.
Original post by cl_steele
cheese and chocolate ... sounds vile, not gunna lie.

You can get chocolate cheesecake though...

Have to say, I was dubious myself about trying this but it's actually quite nice. Did have a strange aftertaste though but it could probably grow on me. I do love chocolate cheesecake so might try it in a recipe.
x

I might have to also steal your cheesecake idea!

Quick Reply

Latest