The Student Room Group

Laura Wilson: Britain's first white 'honour' killing victim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by de_monies

What absolute BS

EDIT: I suppose the person who negged me knows more about S. Asian culture than myself, y'know being S. Asian...

Christ. Can you even imagine the outrage if people said well we're white english so don't comment on our culture?!

Last time I checked we were all promiscuous racist alcoholics.
Original post by Bonged.
Christ. Can you even imagine the outrage if people said well we're white english so don't comment on our culture?!

Last time I checked we were all promiscuous racist alcoholics.

Well, if it's a stereotype like that, then no people do not know White culture. Besides, this murder had absolutely nothing to do with culture. The person that linked honour to all this was the victim's mother, which the daily mail then sensationalised

No one else has called it an honour killing (except Daily Fail minions, perhaps)

I made the point that this has nothing to do with culture or religion, and the person who negged me obviously doesn't know the culture/religion to make it justified
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Well, if it's a stereotype like that, then no people do not know White culture. Besides, this murder had absolutely nothing to do with culture. The person that linked honour to all this was the victim's mother, which the daily mail then sensationalised

No one else has called it an honour killing (except Daily Fail minions, perhaps)

I made the point that this has nothing to do with culture or religion, and the person who negged me obviously doesn't know the culture/religion to make it justified

I'm more interested in why you think that being south asian gives people more of a right to talk about south asian issues. That's kind of textbook definition racism.
Original post by Bonged.
I'm more interested in why you think that being south asian gives people more of a right to talk about south asian issues. That's kind of textbook definition racism.

That's not what Im getting at. I proclaimed that what the DM said is absolute BS, and the person who negged me would have much less of an idea, when they haven't even been part of the S. Asian culture

Besides, what right do I have to challenge whatever you might say about Italian culture (say if you were Italian) when I haven't witnessed it myself. To truly say any thing about a culture, you must experience it

I said that the things said on the DM site are BS, and the family "honour" is more about all the children behaving, not doing drugs, alcohol etc... rather than just the girls in the family
Original post by oo00oo
Honour killing is, in my eyes, when a person or family decided to murder somebody for the purpose of silencing them from diclosing information which may disrupt the honour of their family, or for the purpose of retribution after doing something which already disrupted the honour of their family.

What I don't understand is how they think it's unhonourable to have children/sex outside wedlock, but that it is honourable to go around murdering folk.

That is due to the mix up of culture and Islam.
Reply 45
That's not what Im getting at. I proclaimed that what the DM said is absolute BS, and the person who negged me would have much less of an idea, when they haven't even been part of the S. Asian culture

Besides, what right do I have to challenge whatever you might say about Italian culture (say if you were Italian) when I haven't witnessed it myself. To truly say any thing about a culture, you must experience it

I said that the things said on the DM site are BS, and the family "honour" is more about all the children behaving, not doing drugs, alcohol etc... rather than just the girls in the family

That's the point. Most people in England witness south asian culture most days.
Original post by Bonged.
That's the point. Most people in England witness south asian culture most days.

Enough to "know" that women are the people that hold the honour of the family? That's what Im objecting to. That's what's BS

Also, this + 6 member hasn't decided to confront me about it either
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
The fact it is a daily mail headline should give you a clue. I dont see them reporting the various white child murderers and drug dealers as 'related' to white european culture, despite them being far more prevalent. Whats the difference (apart from trying to sell papers to Dail Fail readers). Im asian and have hardly heard of more than a few such described 'honour' killings, in the handful there has usually been some case of a pakistani muslim girl that wanted to marry outside her religion, which is forbidden in islam. even so i doubt islam had much to do with the fact they were being killed, more to do with her mental family.

Bru you seem to be the kind of person who, if the Mail reported that the sky was blue you'd call it BS for no reason other than it came from the Mail and therefore it didn't happen.

You should have seen the Mail when the baby P thing happened. They very much linked it to a degeneration of our culture.
Reply 48
Enough to "know" that women are the people that hold the honour of the family? That's what Im objecting to. That's what's BS

A significant portion of the "south asian community" do think this way. It's fine to admit it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namus

The honour of the family is largely based on the sexual activities or lack thereof of the females of the family. Or the "maidens".
Reply 49
Original post by Bonged.
A significant portion of the "south asian community" do think this way. It's fine to admit it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namus

The honour of the family is largely based on the sexual activities or lack thereof of the females of the family. Or the "maidens".

I read the article you posted, it's disgusting, I feel sick to my stomach
Original post by KimKallstrom
Bru you seem to be the kind of person who, if the Mail reported that the sky was blue you'd call it BS for no reason other than it came from the Mail and therefore it didn't happen.

You should have seen the Mail when the baby P thing happened. They very much linked it to a degeneration of our culture.

Thats because everyone knows the Daily Fail is full of ****, it reports stories for its brainless audience to get them jumping up and down in their seats and sell papers.
The ecample you picked for the baby P case is a good one -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016148/Baby-P-Dr-Jerome-Ikwueke-suspended-failing-spot-abuse-apologises.html

The Daily Fail didnt once state the case was down to 'white european culture' , as per the culprits own ethnicity, i doubt their cultural and ethnic background where even mentioned. They were far more pre-occupied with blaming the doctors that missed the signs of abuse, the head of the health trust etc etc.
Nor do they when they report the scores of other child abuse and murder stories (little ted nursery, soham murders etc) or serial killers (shipman, bird, raul moat etc)

When a so called honour killing happens, there straight on with the 'south asian culture must be a factor' garbage- im asian, i have never heard of nor know anyone that has heard of an honour killing. The only ones i have heard of are a handful of pakistani families reported in the daily mail because the daughter wanted to marry outside or islam. Still far less common than child abuse cases in this country.

What are asians suppossed to glean about white english men and their culture based on the fact that gary glitter went over to east asia to abuse children?
Reply 51
this was racist islamic supremacist inspired murder.

it came out in the trial that the racist murderer called her a 'dirty white b****' and also said 'I'm gonna send that kaffir (non-Muslim) b**** straight to hell'.

the murderers mother alos hit the victim with ashow and called her a 'dirty white b****'.

this murder is part of a nationwide epidemic of pakistani family rape networks who prey on vulnerable and naive white girls -- as was exposed recently in a 'whitewashed' channel 4 documentary.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-105/episode-1

the media of course downplay the facts as much as possible because they are instituationally anti white.
(edited 12 years ago)
Lets stop calling it an 'honour' killing. There is no 'honour' in killing a young girl. I would ban any use of that term as there is no place for such a savage way of thought. The UK is still for now a christian nation, and such a belief has no place in our one nation. Those involved in the young girls murder should be if found guilty hung by the neck. Zero tolerance for any religion or culture who thinks it's laws can supercede our laws that are based in christianity.

People who worship Islam are more than welcome here providing they accept the above. If they don't or they committ crimes that show they don't they should be interned and deported.
Thats because everyone knows the Daily Fail is full of ****, it reports stories for its brainless audience to get them jumping up and down in their seats and sell papers.
The ecample you picked for the baby P case is a good one -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016148/Baby-P-Dr-Jerome-Ikwueke-suspended-failing-spot-abuse-apologises.html

The Daily Fail didnt once state the case was down to 'white european culture' , as per the culprits own ethnicity, i doubt their cultural and ethnic background where even mentioned. They were far more pre-occupied with blaming the doctors that missed the signs of abuse, the head of the health trust etc etc.
Nor do they when they report the scores of other child abuse and murder stories (little ted nursery, soham murders etc) or serial killers (shipman, bird, raul moat etc)

When a so called honour killing happens, there straight on with the 'south asian culture must be a factor' garbage- im asian, i have never heard of nor know anyone that has heard of an honour killing. The only ones i have heard of are a handful of pakistani families reported in the daily mail because the daughter wanted to marry outside or islam. Still far less common than child abuse cases in this country.

What are asians suppossed to glean about white english men and their culture based on the fact that gary glitter went over to east asia to abuse children?

Well, in some of the 38462373 articles they did on the case, they did very much delve into what they deemed to be a breakdown of British society/culture (code for white-British society/culture since you and I both know British = white according to this paper).

It was basically an attack on working class white trash.

But I love how you swapped "Daily Mail" for "Daily Fail." You swapped the M in Mail for an F to create the word Fail to illuminate your view of the Daily Mail as being a failure of a newspaper. I have never seen anyone do that before, much less on TSR. Individual, unique and original word play. You're such a clever young man xxx:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
What I don't understand about all of this, is that it isn't just a few rogues in Asian communities doing this. They are pretty much all in on it in one way or another. When this girl was killed the boys family had a meeting ffs. I don't understand why we keep letting these backwards ****ers in. If they can't be civilised go home and don't darken our door again.

This is on the BBC right now - the statistics directly show that the majority of Asians in this country agree that women deserve to be punished for bringing shame on a family. If you try and fix the problem, the Asians act all offended and pretend it doesn't happen, or defend it. They have had, in some cases, 3-5 generations here and the problem is getting worse.

Please, before some Asian/Muslim starts saying 'but we don't all do it', I don't care. If we have to put up with your inbred, female abusing, and savage kin to have you here, it isn't worth it. You bring nothing to the table that a Chinese person wouldn't, and they wouldn't bring a messed up desert culture with them. Win-win.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
Well, in some of the 38462373 articles they did on the case, they did very much delve into what they deemed to be a breakdown of British society/culture (code for white-British society/culture since you and I both know British = white according to this paper).

It was basically an attack on working class white trash.

But I love how you swapped "Daily Mail" for "Daily Fail." You swapped the M in Mail for an F to create the word Fail to illuminate your view of the Daily Mail as being a failure of a newspaper. I have never seen anyone do that before, much less on TSR. Individual, unique and original word play. You're such a clever young man xxx:smile:

Daily Fail has become a generally accepted colloquial expression, i cant claim credit for it - more to do with the right wing bias they slant to their stories and the sort of people that lap them up.

And actually no , no mention of white culture in those Baby P stories- not once. in fact more stories about the doctors and health trusts that didnt spot the abuse than the scummy mother and her boyfriends that inflicted it. Gary Glitter case, Ian Huntley, Raul Moat, Jon Molt, Derrick Bird, Levi Belfield etc etc - this list could fill a 20 page thread- and yet how many mentions of the white european culture that was common in all cases from the Daily Fail? Care to provide that info?

whereas when a BRITISH pakistani gets arressted for another distasteful crime ona family memebr , its labelled as 'honour violence' and 'Asian culture' is shoe-horned into every daily fail article covering, for daily fail readers to wet their pants over.

It would be laughable really, if it wasnt so hypocritically sinister at the same time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Elipsis
What I don't understand about all of this, is that it isn't just a few rogues in Asian communities doing this. They are pretty much all in on it in one way or another. When this girl was killed the boys family had a meeting ffs. I don't understand why we keep letting these backwards ****ers in. If they can't be civilised go home and don't darken our door again.

This is on the BBC right now - the statistics directly show that the majority of Asians in this country agree that women deserve to be punished for bringing shame on a family. If you try and fix the problem, the Asians act all offended and pretend it doesn't happen, or defend it. They have had, in some cases, 3-5 generations here and the problem is getting worse.

Please, before some Asian/Muslim starts saying 'but we don't all do it', I don't care. If we have to put up with your inbred, female abusing, and savage kin to have you here, it isn't worth it. You bring nothing to the table that a Chinese person wouldn't, and they wouldn't bring a messed up desert culture with them. Win-win.

You put that quite harshly, but I do agree with it in a way. This Laura case hit home for me, as I have lots of friends who have been in similar situations with pakistani/foreign origin lads and have lived in these multicultural areas all my life. What I wondered was, why didnt this girls mother (i saw her speaking on honor killing programme), keep her daughter away from this lad. She should have known they arnt allowed to have proper relationships with white girls and that it would have ended in trouble. The fact her babies dad also had a child with her other white friend is also quite odd.

My mum isnt racist but always told me to stay away from them when I was young as 'they are just after sex'. I didnt, because none of my friends did and you generally dont listen to your mother when young, I also had no reason to believe this was true. How wrong I was, what do they say, mum is always right? :cool:

She went to highschool with a lot of pakistani immigrants and she said whilst in school the girls would suddenly disappear, or go on holiday and were never seen again. She said its because they were sent to Pakistan to be married. I remember finding this odd and very eerie. Its just backward to us over here. You are often called racist when you have a lot to say on this issue, even if you have lived side by side with these people your whole life, you still arnt allowed a slightly negative opinion without being labeled racist.

I find those who always defend these perpetrators just because they think their ethnicity is being attacked as ignorant. They dont see it from our point of view that lots of foreign immigrants have come to our home country (and yes it is our home country, more so than the immigrants who dont speak english, arnt english, dont behave english, parents dont come from england and only connection they have is they were born and live here), are committing more and more crimes, usually involving fraud, drug dealing and abusing under age girls, seem to be getting away with it and have caused tension and lots of unwanted things in peoples home communities. They dont think about the reaction in pakistan or iran if millions of white british people went there and were involved in these sort of things time and time again, or many of them showed a horrific lack of respect for the indigenous of the country on a regular basis.
Reply 57
Daily Fail has become a generally accepted colloquial expression, i cant claim credit for it - more to do with the right wing bias they slant to their stories and the sort of people that lap them up.

And actually no , no mention of white culture in those Baby P stories- not once. in fact more stories about the doctors and health trusts that didnt spot the abuse than the scummy mother and her boyfriends that inflicted it. Gary Glitter case, Ian Huntley, Raul Moat, Jon Molt, Derrick Bird, Levi Belfield etc etc - this list could fill a 20 page thread- and yet how many mentions of the white european culture that was common in all cases from the Daily Fail? Care to provide that info?

whereas when a BRITISH pakistani gets arressted for another distasteful crime ona family memebr , its labelled as 'honour violence' and 'Asian culture' is shoe-horned into every daily fail article covering, for daily fail readers to wet their pants over.

It would be laughable really, if it wasnt so hypocritically sinister at the same time.

Their 'white' culture isnt mentioned because our society is based on independence and the rights of the individual, thus all individuals tend to be very different, whetheras the islamic states (which is where most of these immigrants originate from) law is based on the rights of society and puts that over the individual. Both places work very differently, with different things being acceptable and unacceptable. Its laughable you cannot see why it is different in any way. In 'asian' culture, 'honor' killings do tend to happen a lot, for pathetic reasons like girl got a boyfriend. Usually involving a meeting with the family. How often does that happen with white brits? Never. And if it did, the whole country would be wondering what caused said people to be so warped. With the 'asians' (south asians, pakistanis etc to be more exact), we just expect it because we are used to hearing about their immoral barbarity when it comes to these things.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by lulubel
this was racist islamic supremacist inspired murder.

it came out in the trial that the racist murderer called her a 'dirty white b****' and also said 'I'm gonna send that kaffir (non-Muslim) b**** straight to hell'.

the murderers mother alos hit the victim with ashow and called her a 'dirty white b****'.

this murder is part of a nationwide epidemic of pakistani family rape networks who prey on vulnerable and naive white girls -- as was exposed recently in a 'whitewashed' channel 4 documentary.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-105/episode-1

the media of course downplay the facts as much as possible because they are instituationally anti white.

To be honest I'm getting sick of insisting this is a problem to those in ivory pc towers who dont know what they are talking about. Seriously, try being a young pretty working class white girl living in areas of Oldham, Rochdale, Accrington etc and you'll have a slight idea of what the problem is. On many occasions me and my friend/s were stopped by pakistani men in cars (this mostly happened aged 13-15), asking if we wanted to 'chill'. Many occasions when saying no, they'd shout 'white slag' or 'dirty white bitch' out the window then drive off. Charming. And no, I'm not lying, this used to happen all the time when I was a young girl. I'm 20 now, and it happens a lot less. Guess they go for the very young girls as they are more likely to succumb to their bait. Coincidently I've never had this experience with white lads. Most they'll do is beep and wave out the car window.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chloe xxx
Their 'white' culture isnt mentioned because our society is based on independence and the rights of the individual, thus all individuals tend to be very different, whetheras the islamic states (which is where most of these immigrants originate from) law is based on the rights of society and puts that over the individual. Both places work very differently, with different things being acceptable and unacceptable. Its laughable you cannot see why it is different in any way. In 'asian' culture, 'honor' killings do tend to happen a lot, for pathetic reasons like girl got a boyfriend. Usually involving a meeting with the family. How often does that happen with white brits? Never. And if it did, the whole country would be wondering what caused said people to be so warped. With the 'asians' (south asians, pakistanis etc to be more exact), we just expect it because we are used to hearing about their immoral barbarity when it comes to these things.

the guy i was talking to adn the daily mail, wasnt talking about islamic culture, they are spouting about 'asian 'culture. Theres nothing in asian culture that has anything to do with violence within the family, asian families are some of the closest knit families there are.
The point that the daily mail tries to bring up asian culture whenever a crime of that nature comes up but doesnt mention even once about the white eurpoean culture of various criminals we read about on a daily basis shows its blatent idiocy.
You dont think white people dont beat up their girlfriends/wives? You dont have a clue love - try working A&E for a few weeks, thatll open your eyes. equally you dont think those same people wont try and smash a bottle on your face for looking at their girlfriend? These crimes are amny times more common than so called 'honour violence' Im waiting for those tards on this thread to make the same assertions of white european culture to explain those. Hmmm something tells me not to wait to long for that.

Quick Reply

Latest