The Student Room Group

CV Submit Express..

http://www.cvsubmitexpress.co.uk/

I came across this site on a job site thread where someone had mentioned they had got a job through them

I really can't find much feedback through Googling these guys

opinions?, i'm apprehensive obviously
Original post by gold2040
http://www.cvsubmitexpress.co.uk/

I came across this site on a job site thread where someone had mentioned they had got a job through them

I really can't find much feedback through Googling these guys

opinions?, i'm apprehensive obviously

Utterly pointless. Getting a job is like entering a competition. The employer is advertising a job (setting a competition) in order to try and find the candidate who has the closest skills match the the ideal skills set they are looking for. Without fail, they will take the candidates with the best fitting CV to the interview stage. As an employer, what you are doing when you read a CV is (often quite literally) ticking off evidence of skills from the CV with the check list of skills you have for the job.

So as an applicant, the number of CVs you send to employers is not the issue. How well your CV fits with a specific job specification is what matters. It is always quality over quantity for job applications - always!

You would do better to tailor 3 CVs per week, than send a generic one to 3,000 in one go like this.
Reply 2
Yeah, that's what I thought

Thanks for the reply anyway
Reply 3
I don't totally agree..first because you can write a very good cv but if for a hypothetic position there are 100+ applications already sent, be sure yours will be just treated like rubbish because every recruiter get tired after max 30...
Second because this is something you can do if you are a professional looking for a specific position with specifics requirements needed, so you can treat one by one..but if you are just a graduate student looking for an entry level position, the only alternative is sending a huge quantity of your CVs everyday..

However what about this site?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending