The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny.
I thought you just applied for PE pal? Remember the deadline for my reply is next wednesday, so you could still hear right up until the end of next week!

I ended up adding Sports Studies as a choice after the deadline, thought I'd give it a punt.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by All-That-Glitters
Maybe not, I received a conditional last month (for social work) and I only got invited to the applicant invite through last Friday, I was beginning to think they had forgot about me! There's another one on Saturday 24th March so maybe you will have heard by then :smile:

x.x

always a chance I guess
Reply 482
anyone going tot the open day tomoorow? :smile:
Reply 483
Original post by Lexi2012
anyone going tot the open day tomoorow? :smile:

Yes! Stirling is my first choice (but I still haven't heard from them) and I can't wait to have a wander around :biggrin:
Reply 484
What an amazing Applicant Day, so sunny, I'm in love with the place! Can't wait 'til September :biggrin:
Reply 485
Original post by evie1234
What an amazing Applicant Day, so sunny, I'm in love with the place! Can't wait 'til September :biggrin:

I am going to the one in April, I was wondering on the letter i received it says that you should try and bring along your parents with you,did many people there today bring their parents with them ?

Thanks
Reply 486
i wanted to know how come many scottish bachelors degrees are 4 years
Reply 487
Original post by mrcon

The majority if not all bachelors degrees with hons in Scotland are 4 years. The Scottish system is different to the rest of the UK. Most school leavers get into Scottish universities with Highers which are usually taken at 17 years. Scottish students wishing to go to UK universities outside Scotland need to stay on an extra year to do Advanced Highers. UK students doing A levels can often gain entry directly into the 2nd year of Scottish degree courses for certain subjects.

This is coming from an English person, so it may not be completely accurate.
I applied for Psychology and got an unconditional offer :smile:

I'm sooo excited!
Original post by mrcon

Just the way it is, our "Highers" which are used to apply to university here are done over 1 year compared to 2 years of doing A-levels, so we have an extra year to make up for that, which is why a lot of A-level and Advanced Higher students complain that their first year is similar to going over old stuff. Advanced Higher is an optional course you can study in Scotland for extra knowledge, to strengthen your application in the subject you are applying for or if you study 3, they can be used to apply to most institutions out with Scotland.

The good thing about the 4 years as it also allows for more flexibility, you are allowed to study normally 2 others subjects with your chosen subject so should you find the subject you wanted to study wasn't quite you wanted you could switch to one of the others you were also studying and get a degree in that instead.

I'm not sure what else there is to say about it, but that's what I know of it anyway. :P
Reply 490
Original post by jido2011
I am going to the one in April, I was wondering on the letter i received it says that you should try and bring along your parents with you,did many people there today bring their parents with them ?

Thanks

I would say that the majority of the people there had a parent with them, quite a lot had both...I took mine and found it really useful because they notice all the things that you either don't notice or don't think you care about!

I think it's nice for them to go to because they feel involved in the decision (they have raised you after all so it's only fair), and also I suppose that if you decide to go there, if your parents have already travelled to and around the campus, move in day will be way less stressful. It might eliminate the classic dad road rage on what is probably going to be the most stressful day of your life so far hahaha, everyone piled into the car with all your stuff, yelling where the hell is it we're supposed to be going?!

Hope that's useful :smile:
Reply 491
Is anyone still waiting on a offer for the llb? :smile: it was such a good day for an open day nice and sunny!
Original post by destinyandchicken
I applied for Psychology and got an unconditional offer :smile:

I'm sooo excited!

BA psychology? :smile:
Original post by starstrukk
BA psychology? :smile:

No, BSc. I didn't even know there was a difference xD

Why did you choose BA? Why did I choose BSc?

Uh, I'm confuuuused...
Reply 494
I STILL don't have an offer, and I applied for French in November :frown:
I'm stressing so much now!
I got an unconditional offer for psychology (BA). :smile:
Still waiting for a response from Dundee... but after visiting Stirling on Saturday I am pretty sure that I am going to firm that offer anyway. What a gorgeous campus and city!
To all Non-Uk applicants (especially Germans with Abitur): they didn`t say anything about an required english test (eg IELTS) in the offer letter. Did they ask you about it?
Reply 496
I got rejected for environmental geography today :frown: I think I'm gonna firm Glasgow ow and put Aberdeen as my Insurance. Does anyone know if the Unis know wether they are your firm or insurance? Or do they just know you accepted their offer but don't know if they are firm or Insurance?

Original post by klimtheart
Still waiting for a response from Dundee... but after visiting Stirling on Saturday I am pretty sure that I am going to firm that offer anyway. What a gorgeous campus and city!
To all Non-Uk applicants (especially Germans with Abitur): they didn`t say anything about an required english test (eg IELTS) in the offer letter. Did they ask you about it?

Do have your Abitur already or are you getting it this year?

I'm not sure about Stirling in particualry, as I haven't accepted, but I got offers from Dundee, Aberdeen,Glasgow and Exeter and none of them asked for toefl scores.
Exeter e mailed me, a couple of days after I send my application and asked for my toefl ID so they can verify the scores online
Original post by katjas1

Do have your Abitur already or are you getting it this year?

I already got it. Going to work in Italy over the summer and want to sort everything out before I go. Maybe the Abitur result was good enough for them and I do not need to do another test...
Original post by klimtheart

Congrats! :smile:

As a German with Abitur: no, they didn't ask for any test whatsoever.

I've been told that if your English grades are good enough (min. 12 points) you don't need to take any extra tests...
So I suppose your grades were good enough? :wink:
Got an uncondish for Environmental Geography, who are my classmates then? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending