The Student Room Group

Could I get into LSE?

I've taken an interest in the Politics and Philosophy Course:
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/government/degreeProgrammes/programmes/undergraduate/programmes/BScPoliticsandPhilosophy.aspx

I achieved ridiculously mediocre GCSE grades: A*, 4A's,4B's and a C.
I am currently taking Economics, French, English Literature and Biology AS, I have set myself the target of 4A's. I know this is attainable as I achieved an A in my first Jan exam. Hopefully, at A2 I' like to get A's and maybe an A*.Easy said then done lol but realistically, If I was to achieve these grades would my application be considered despite of my poor GCSE grades?

For the sake of my personal statement, I have been volunteering at a development charity which promotes sustainable global development in developing countries. I have willingly attended seminars at my local university on politics/economics and international relations. Contributed in the Social Justice and Economics Discussion group at college. And this summer, I hope to attend summer university to get a taste of philosophy and theology.I have done other stuff that I cba writing lol but do you think I have a chance ?

Thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 1
Good chance as long as AS results are fine I suppose.
Reply 2
if you have high a level grades, a good ps and a fantastic reference then yes you stand a chance,
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending