The Student Room Group

Vue job interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
In my application I stated I had a passion for film and enjoyed interacting/communicating with people. I also ensured that I stated that I was available every day of the week (evenings) and weekends (evenings/mornings). I was unsure whether it meant what days you will work but it's actually when you'd be available to work so make sure you actually present yourself as being available.

Apart from that I'm unsure of what else I did to actually sell myself. Just make it clear you're passionate and they'll most likely use the application in the interview. Hope you try again and good luck!
Original post by halfblood007
I GOT THE JOB!! :smile: wooooooooo

congrats! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Ayers
In my application I stated I had a passion for film and enjoyed interacting/communicating with people. I also ensured that I stated that I was available every day of the week (evenings) and weekends (evenings/mornings). I was unsure whether it meant what days you will work but it's actually when you'd be available to work so make sure you actually present yourself as being available.

Apart from that I'm unsure of what else I did to actually sell myself. Just make it clear you're passionate and they'll most likely use the application in the interview. Hope you try again and good luck!

Heyy, I was offered a job at Vue a few days ago too :biggrin: after MONTHS of job searching, such a relief! Which branch will you be working at?

Also, have they asked you for a bank statement? They wanted me to bring one to the interview but I couldn't get it in time. The guy just asked to see my debit card instead :s-smilie: I thought they wanted it for proof of address but guess not.. They've asked me to bring one along to the induction next week but I don't understand why! Really don't like the idea of them seeing my transactions tbh :/
Reply 23
Original post by xxJazxx
Heyy, I was offered a job at Vue a few days ago too :biggrin: after MONTHS of job searching, such a relief! Which branch will you be working at?

Also, have they asked you for a bank statement? They wanted me to bring one to the interview but I couldn't get it in time. The guy just asked to see my debit card instead :s-smilie: I thought they wanted it for proof of address but guess not.. They've asked me to bring one along to the induction next week but I don't understand why! Really don't like the idea of them seeing my transactions tbh :/

Hehe. Yes, I have been told to bring one to my induction. Seeing as I only have a building society book I will bring that. They want the account number and things so they know where to put your wages :wink: Congratulations by the way. I'll be working at the Camberley branch (South East).
Reply 24
Original post by Ayers
Hehe. Yes, I have been told to bring one to my induction. Seeing as I only have a building society book I will bring that. They want the account number and things so they know where to put your wages :wink: Congratulations by the way. I'll be working at the Camberley branch (South East).

Ooh nice.. no idea where that is lol would have been fun if we were hired by the same branch.

Ha I don't know what I'm going to do about the statement thing as I don't receive them by post anymore (does anyone?!) and an online print out doesn't include my address so if they only want the account number/sort code why not just let me jot it down on a paper for them - would be simpler :rolleyes: I need to pick up some random folder from them tomorrow ahead of my induction this weekend so guess I can ask about it then.

Do you know if you'll be paid monthly/weekly? Got my fingers crossed for weekly :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by xxJazxx
Ooh nice.. no idea where that is lol would have been fun if we were hired by the same branch.

Ha I don't know what I'm going to do about the statement thing as I don't receive them by post anymore (does anyone?!) and an online print out doesn't include my address so if they only want the account number/sort code why not just let me jot it down on a paper for them - would be simpler :rolleyes: I need to pick up some random folder from them tomorrow ahead of my induction this weekend so guess I can ask about it then.

Do you know if you'll be paid monthly/weekly? Got my fingers crossed for weekly :biggrin:

How much do you get paid?
Reply 26
Original post by Part A
How much do you get paid?

It's basically minimum wage :/
Reply 27
I'm thinking you're paid weekly seeing as it's a wage and not a salary. Not sure though. Let me know what this folder thing is seeing as I haven't been told getting that!
Reply 28
Original post by Ayers
I'm thinking you're paid weekly seeing as it's a wage and not a salary. Not sure though.

you are paid monthly, my mum used to work at Vue.

Waiting for a reply as I applied for a job at Vue on Saturday
Reply 29
Original post by Ayers
I'm thinking you're paid weekly seeing as it's a wage and not a salary. Not sure though. Let me know what this folder thing is seeing as I haven't been told getting that!

Ok so it's an 'Employee File' with a bunch of stuff to read and sign and also a health & safety knowledge test. Has info about the complimentary tickets staff (& friends/family) receive too :biggrin:

Asked about the bank statement and they said they wont accept anything else so guess I'll have to go order one from the bank tomorrow.
Reply 30
Original post by thatg
you are paid monthly, my mum used to work at Vue.

Waiting for a reply as I applied for a job at Vue on Saturday

Had my heart set on weekly pay :frown: ah well.

Good luck with your application.
Reply 31
Darn, I'ma phone up tomorrow and see whether my building society book will do, else I will have to get a bank statement ... some how.
Reply 32
Thanks guys, i read your comments before my interview at Vue yesturday and was asked most of the questions posted on here so it really helped :smile:
Reply 33
I got the job!
Original post by HollyDolly
I got the job!

Hey Holly, thats great well done! I was actually wanting some advice I applied for Vue on the 15th and they got back to me today and I've arranged my interview for next week, what sort of questions where you asked? As you will have the most up to date answer and did you ask them any questions? is that necessary? Also do you have an idea on what to wear? I was thinking just a skirt with nice white top and a blazer I had picked out previously for an interview at boots, if anyone else has any ideas or information it would be much appreciated if you replied, thanks :smile:
Reply 35
Help! I have an interview! Is it a group interview? Or one to one?

Thanks
Read this before i had the interview yesterday & just been told today i have the job! yayyyy :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by TammyAmmoniac
Read this before i had the interview yesterday & just been told today i have the job! yayyyy :smile:

Hey, what cinema are you working at?
Hi could anyone tell me if vue are flexible on their hours? because i have a day weekend job atm from 10-6, would they be ok with that and just allow me to work at nights? im available days throughout the week and every single night otherwise? thanks :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Lisaloop
Help! I have an interview! Is it a group interview? Or one to one?

Thanks

I literally just had my interview finish about half an hour ago, which lasted around 40 minutes.

It was one on one for me, and the questions couldn't be simpler. Before perusing this particular thread I was bricking it, but it was incredibly helpful.

First, the interviewer asked me to write down days/evenings I'm available to work etc, followed by where I had worked previously and what those jobs entailed. Then she asked why I wanted to work at Vue. I might have gone off course a bit but I said that the first time I came to Vue was only two years ago, but the times I've come here have been pleasant and enjoyable, and that it's a place where I'd feel comfortable delivering high quality customer service. Then I referred to a sentence in my CV where I feel my character thrives in a customer-faced environment, and as from observation there's near-constant interaction between employees and customers, I feel I'd work very well here. She seemed to really enjoy that answer, so I'd suggest using some of it :tongue:

Then just the general questions like when have to had to work as part of a team, what did you like/dislike about working in a team etc. She asked what I'm most proud of, and this answer can be work related or anything you've done in your personal life. She asked if I could give an instance where I've noticed something in the work place that could've been done better, how did you try to make that better, and what was the outcome? She asked had I had to deal with an angry/upset customer? I couldn't answer as I haven't, but she said I could explain an encounter even with a friend or a stranger. I spoke about being able to control a friend, but I don't think I excelled at answering that question.

She of course asked what was the last film I saw, and as a customer how did you feel about the film? I spoke quite a bit on this as the last one I saw was The Hobbit, and brought Lord of the Rings into the fold. I was basically critiquing the two films, and she seemed to appreciate it.

Off the top of my head that's all I can remember (slightly comical as it was only an hour or so ago), but the questions are extremely general and there's nothing in there to trip you up. The interviewer had around 5-7 sheets of questions where she wrote down your answers, so I'm guessing that the interview process for Vue cinemas is a universal one and doesn't differ from cinema to cinema.

Hopefully I get the job, she did say I'd get a call in the next 2 days or so, 3 days max, fingers crossed!

Hope this has helped.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply