The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by kmorgan
Got the email about the interview for Painting and Printmaking on thursday, and was one of the first to interview yesterday...now to wait until april for a reply.
If anyone has any qs about SEA or P+P interviews feel free to ask. I had interviews for both, and the painting one felt like it went for better than sea:/

Hey! I have an interview for Painting and Printmaking :smile:
Did you have your work in sleeves?
If it's of any use to you, as a way of judging the time scale here, two years ago my son got a rejection from GSA at the start of the Easter holidays, following an interview in February.
Reply 262
Original post by RowanHall
Hey! I have an interview for Painting and Printmaking :smile:

I didn't, just all mounted onto A1 cartridge paper. I think it's best not to so that they can see the work in its true light, especially for p+p
Original post by RowanHall

They usually request that you don't.
Reply 264
Still nothing, guys?
Reply 265
has anyone considered phoning them, just to make sure we're still on the list? I've emailed them a while back, but nothing...
Reply 266
If you haven't heard you are still being considered. I had an interview at SEA and the head said MAC had a meltdown with their servers which postponed decisions...

Who had their interview with SEA department?
Reply 267
Still nothing, i was going to ring but id feel a bit rude asking well are you going to get back to me or not kinda thing! I might get my art teacher to give them a bell, just gonna have to wait it out :frown:
Reply 268
this is sooooo annoying!
Eugh! Stupid GSA is driving everyone insane, it's so unprofessional!
Original post by Jasmineholt
Eugh! Stupid GSA is driving everyone insane, it's so unprofessional!

I know!!! I have a phone interview scheduled for the third time on Monday. They never called for the last two times.
Reply 271
Just got a decline :frown:
Reply 272
Original post by imagineit

Awww booo, that sucks. I am dreading my UCAS notification email. :/
Reply 273
Original post by imagineit

me too, just found out :smile: ah well, wasnt expecting really... just annoyed that it took them 3 months
Reply 274
Original post by Ruta V
me too, just found out :smile: ah well, wasnt expecting really... just annoyed that it took them 3 months

Sorry about the decline! Im literally a bag of nerves now that everyones starting to hear back. I heard today that they like if you have some sort of personal connection to your work. I made it very clear that I take a lot of my inspiration from queer culture...so I'm praying they are impressed enough to take me on haha.

Good luck to everyone else thats waiting!
Reply 275
I just got an offer for fine art photography, so excited that i'm still crying
Reply 276
Original post by rayray12310
I just got an offer for fine art photography, so excited that i'm still crying

Congrats!!
Reply 277
I still haven't heard back....
Reply 278
Hope everyone else gets in! X
Reply 279
GSA have definitely started answering now, this girl I know who went to an interview with them about 2 weeks ago just told me she got rejected (applied for fashion). So everyone who didn't get a rejection yet should just wait patiently to get accepted! (as I assume they're sending out the bad news first)

Quick Reply

Latest