The Student Room Group

Tattoo on wrist, yes or no?

hey everyone,
i'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist and i want do become a therapist later...so i was thinking if it could be a bad idea to have a tattoo on my wrist, were patients can see it....
this might seem a bit weird, but i just wanted to know some objective opinions on that...
so what do you people think?
:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

No.
Reply 2
Original post by donotpanic:P
hey everyone,
i'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist and i want do become a therapist later...so i was thinking if it could be a bad idea to have a tattoo on my wrist, were patients can see it....
this might seem a bit weird, but i just wanted to know some objective opinions on that...
so what do you people think?
:colondollar:

There you go. That's your reason not to have a tattoo.
Go for it, you only live once.

But make sure you really want it.
I suppose it depends on what it is.
If it's something like, I dunno, a flower, then I don't see anything wrong with it, but if it's like a skull, or something like that it might not be such a good idea.
I suppose you could always get a bracelet that covers it, though.
Reply 5
i'm all for tattoos, but do you really want one little mistake ruining your career plans? i hate that society frowns upon tattoos but that's the way it is for now, so i wouldn't risk it. maybe when you've started your career and got some experience.
Reply 6
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I suppose it depends on what it is.
If it's something like, I dunno, a flower, then I don't see anything wrong with it, but if it's like a skull, or something like that it might not be such a good idea.
I suppose you could always get a bracelet that covers it, though.

that's what i was thinking as well, but i don't know how big the tattoo is going to be...
i want the name of my dog and a paw...
I have two tattoos and plans for another 4 but want to work as a clinical psychologist in the future so am ensuring that they can all be covered up by general work wear. Currently have one on my ankle and one on my shoulder-blades, plans for one down my spine, two on the backs of my legs and one on the other ankle.
I would say no. Get tattoos where they can be shown off when you want to, but also can be hidden when you want/need to so you don't ruin your future.
Reply 8
Original post by deavinj
i'm all for tattoos, but do you really want one little mistake ruining your career plans? i hate that society frowns upon tattoos but that's the way it is for now, so i wouldn't risk it. maybe when you've started your career and got some experience.

yeah, i know...that's what keeps me from doing it...but this idea keeps popping up in my head all the time...and i really want it :s-smilie:
that's what i was thinking as well, but i don't know how big the tattoo is going to be...
i want the name of my dog and a paw...

Put on your ankle/top of the foot? You'll still be able to show it off if you're wearing shorts, skirts or dresses/open shoes, but you'll be able to cover it up in the future.
Reply 10
Original post by soutioirsim
Go for it, you only live once.

But make sure you really want it.

that is so true :biggrin:

yes i really want it :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by deavinj
i'm all for tattoos, but do you really want one little mistake ruining your career plans? i hate that society frowns upon tattoos but that's the way it is for now

Yes, be careful. If you decide to do it, go for it. Make sure it CAN be covered, however, for security purposes :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by minimarshmallow
Put on your ankle/top of the foot? You'll still be able to show it off if you're wearing shorts, skirts or dresses/open shoes, but you'll be able to cover it up in the future.

...i thought about it but i don't really like to show off my feet :colondollar:

oh man...this is hard :s-smilie:
...i thought about it but i don't really like to show off my feet :colondollar:

oh man...this is hard :s-smilie:

An ankle one you'd see if you were showing your legs at any point, not your feet (I love whacking mine out in the summer in my sundresses, but hate feet so would never wear sandals). If you put it right on the top of the foot you'd see it in ballet pump style shoes or court shoes. You don't have to wear sandals or anything.
Get it and wear long sleeves for going to work? You only live once :tongue:
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
Get it and wear long sleeves for going to work? You only live once :tongue:

Would be uncomfortable in the summer to have to wear long sleeves all the time. Also I believe the NHS have a 'bare below the elbows' rule, so if she was working in the NHS this wouldn't be possible - depends what kind of therapist she wants to be and if she'll be working with doctors.
Reply 16
An ankle one you'd see if you were showing your legs at any point, not your feet (I love whacking mine out in the summer in my sundresses, but hate feet so would never wear sandals). If you put it right on the top of the foot you'd see it in ballet pump style shoes or court shoes. You don't have to wear sandals or anything.

hmm...that seems to be a good idea...but i actually like to see it everyday...
but i get it that it could be a problem in the future :frown:
Reply 17
Would be uncomfortable in the summer to have to wear long sleeves all the time. Also I believe the NHS have a 'bare below the elbows' rule, so if she was working in the NHS this wouldn't be possible - depends what kind of therapist she wants to be and if she'll be working with doctors.

i want to be a therapist for children and teenager...
hmm...that seems to be a good idea...but i actually like to see it everyday...
but i get it that it could be a problem in the future :frown:

Your foot would probably be a good shout then. Presumably you don't wear footwear all the time? The only time you wouldn't be able to see it would be if you were wearing boots or trainers really...
Reply 19
Absolutely not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending