The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Tell me about it. It'd be like wearing a laptop on your finger.

Hence being Mr Cheapskate that I am I will be going for the silver ring and the silver cufflinks which are around £60 a set I think maybe £70-ish which although not cheap certainly a whole lot cheaper than £700.

Unless of course all of you, my wonderful OU TSR buddies are willing to chip into the GG Fund and purchase me the gold one as a graduation gift.....please? :wink:

OK I'll settle for a tapestry or scarf..........teddy bear?.......fine then don't expect anything from me on your birthday or wedding day!

I want more than one term out of you before I start donating anything! :biggrin:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Original post by Nitebot
I want more than one term out of you before I start donating anything! :biggrin:

More than one term? I've condensed the equivalent a final year of a bachelor's programme in the space of less than 6 months. After this I need a holiday!
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
More than one term? I've condensed the equivalent a final year of a bachelor's programme in the space of less than 6 months. After this I need a holiday!

Did you get your applications in?
Reply 5283
Original post by OU Student
Some questions from me:

I notice that some are studying 2 modules at once. How difficult is this? There are no 60 point L2 maths modules that I'm interested in doing; so need to look at 2 30 point courses.

According to www.ouw.co.uk you can order the course materials and self-teach without taking exams, submitting TMAs, etc. Is it worth it? I want to study a language; but really don't want to pay for another degree. (currently studying a BSc Open Degree)

I looked at that for Maths and I dont see that you get everything like if you were actually registered for it. Some as for MS221 are just videos. Some you get all the unit block. I might buy some in the future
Original post by Nitebot
Did you get your applications in?

yeah
Reply 5285
OMG left a TMA till the last minute! I have till midnight aaaaaaararagagahh
Reply 5286
Omg TMA 02 for DD101 due very soon and its hell :frown: oh well, only another 800 words to write :s-smilie:
Original post by L.O.V.E.
OMG left a TMA till the last minute! I have till midnight aaaaaaararagagahh

Welcome to the world of OU TSR-style!!!:wink:
ah the joys of procrastination.. just bought these bad boys for the war effort against studying
Original post by Bleak Lemming
ah the joys of procrastination.. just bought these bad boys for the war effort against studying

Lol Mr. 97% in his TMA is trying to tell the rest of us about procrastination. You know nothing of procrastination!
Reply 5290
Original post by bufferz
Welcome to the world of OU TSR-style!!!:wink:

I literally JUST submitted it, about 12 minutes before the deadline!

Never cutting it that close again... :s-smilie:
Reply 5291
Original post by L.O.V.E.
I literally JUST submitted it, about 12 minutes before the deadline!

Never cutting it that close again... :s-smilie:

I once managed to submit a TMA about ooooh 10 seconds after the deadline :emo:
Original post by Juno

See, now thats cutting it a bit too fine!:colone:
Reply 5293
Original post by Juno

Oh god. I honestly have nightmares about stuff like that... :rolleyes:
Reply 5294
Original post by Juno

This is going to be me at the rate I'm going atm - 1200 words by Tuesday and all I can think of is 'because they do' :redface:
97% on MST121 TMA03 woop woop. Tell you what tho, one of the questions.. i got 2 marks for LITERALLY copying out the question.. I spent almost an hour trying to figure it out and in the end gave up and just copied the question and gave up... Got my 2% in the end tho..
Reply 5296
Original post by rele84
This is going to be me at the rate I'm going atm - 1200 words by Tuesday and all I can think of is 'because they do' :redface:

Do you get penalised for not having enough words?
Reply 5297
Original post by sputum
Do you get penalised for not having enough words?

Yeah, you lose marks is under or over by 10% - which is pretty standard across the board when it comes to full essay assignments.
Reply 5298
I wondered why a lot of the people I work with can't express a thought in less than a million words:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5299
So I got 100% for iCMA44 for K101, not a big deal as there are only 5 questions long, nothing to do with the actual module (IMO) and just reading a graph. They have all been along the same lines and I personally find them pointless and I'd like something challenging

Quick Reply