The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer Problems...

Today I received an email from UCAS saying that I had a conditional offer for Strathclyde Uni. My conditions were a B in Advanced Higher Biology, and an A or a B in History and Chemistry. But the problem is, I failed my History prelim so I'm not taking it any more. How do I get into contact to tell the universities this? Will they take their offer back if I tell them this?
Yes, definitley contact them and talk it through!! A friend of mine had an offer from Aberdeen that required him to do a physics top up course, but the dates were before the end of our A2 exams (obvs the Eng and Scot term dates are a little different). He just got in touch and they altered the conditions, so he doesn't need to do this top up any more.

The moral of the story is: get in touch with the admissions team, and the chances are they will be helpful.

If theyve made you an offer, they want you. I'm sure they will reconsider the conditions if you give them the new update on what courses you are doing.

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by rothaarige
Today I received an email from UCAS saying that I had a conditional offer for Strathclyde Uni. My conditions were a B in Advanced Higher Biology, and an A or a B in History and Chemistry. But the problem is, I failed my History prelim so I'm not taking it any more. How do I get into contact to tell the universities this? Will they take their offer back if I tell them this?
You need to contact the Admissions Team at Strathclyde - the number will be on their website - and ask for advice. Do this as soon as possible.
Reply 3
Chances are they will also reconsider you and may reject you again, but its best if you tell them asap rather than wait for results day and get rejected then. They might change the offer but also they may reject you, either way you should still contact them to find out which one of these they will do.

Remember also that you agreed to UCAS terms saying that all information that you have written on your application is correct, and that if there are any changes, you would notify the Unis.

It could also be a good idea to get in touch with the other Unis that you have applied for just incase they get the wrong information too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah, contact them... I had an experience of something simmilar and it was just a clerical error and they rectified it for me.
Reply 5
Original post by rothaarige

so, how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending