The Student Room Group

Deferred entry reasons

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TsarinaMeg
Is this for graduate entry? I was allowed to defer my place as an undergraduate at Oxford for a year, and 2 of my friends have done the same- none of us have particularly serious medical conditions (as far as I'm aware)...

reason for deferal?
Original post by TsarinaMeg
Is this for graduate entry? I was allowed to defer my place as an undergraduate at Oxford for a year, and 2 of my friends have done the same- none of us have particularly serious medical conditions (as far as I'm aware)...

yes it is for graduate entry
Original post by Spairos
reason for deferal?

I can only speak for myself, and it was because I had an offer of a paid 6-month placement- presumably wanting gap years is why my friends deferred as well (but I don't know this for sure)
Reply 23
You can ask...the worst they can do is say no. :dontknow: I'm sure they won't hold it against you if you reapply next year. Perhaps you could find out, if they won't defer, if they will keep your references on record so you don't have to go through the pain of getting them again.

I have no idea what the official policy was when I got my M Phil deferral from Cam (i did get the sense that they gave it to me grudgingly, and they warned I could only defer once, so when I still couldn't raise funding that was game over.) That was some years ago though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending