The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Questions about bangor university

Scroll to see replies

Well ive already got a job but sadly i cant transfer as i work for english heritage. :frown:. I will just have to hope for the best and save
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Welshbyrne
Best bet it to get a job in your local town in one of the big stores in Bangor and transfer down.

Places like Morrisons, Tesco's etc

She's an international student so that's probably not an option
I have a job at Argos, do you think i could get a transfer? If not do you think my experience could help in me getting a job there? It's my first choice, getting a job when i'm there is pretty much essential :frown:
Original post by daniellelouise
I have a job at Argos, do you think i could get a transfer? If not do you think my experience could help in me getting a job there? It's my first choice, getting a job when i'm there is pretty much essential :frown:

There is an Argos in Bangor, it's a bit of a trek away from the city centre and the university itself (it'd either be a long walk or you'd need bus/car). Not sure if you'd be able to transfer though.
Reply 24
In September (2012) I'll come to the UK via Manchester Airport.. Is there any easy way to arrive in Bangor without the train changes? (I think there are a lot of changes.. from Manchester_Piccadily to Crewe.From Crewe to Chester..and from there straight to Bangor)
Reply 25
Original post by Di_mi_tris
In September (2012) I'll come to the UK via Manchester Airport.. Is there any easy way to arrive in Bangor without the train changes? (I think there are a lot of changes.. from Manchester_Piccadily to Crewe.From Crewe to Chester..and from there straight to Bangor)

If my memory serves me right I only had to change in Chester and it really wasn't a big deal. You can take a train right from the airport to Piccadilly and from there to Chester and then to Bangor.

I had the same concerns but it really is a piece of cake. I had two luaggages, a carry-on plus my purse and I still managed :smile:
Reply 26
Thank you!! I will somehow manage the whole deal :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Di_mi_tris
Thank you!! I will somehow manage the whole deal :biggrin:

I am sure you will. If you wanna save some money you could also get the trainticket before you arrive in the UK; just order it online from http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/ or http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Home.aspx.
Reply 28
Aww!!! I didn't knew it!!! Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 29
just remember to bring the credit card with you that you used to order the tickets with.
Reply 30
Original post by AcesLacy
just remember to bring the credit card with you that you used to order the tickets with.

allright i won't forget to bring my credit card!!! thanks a lot for all the information AcesLacy!you're too helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply