The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiveFastDieYoung
-

Just thought I'd clarify something re: the Twitter thing I said earlier after a bit of BSN browsing - the tweet I was referring to about not changing the endings was taken down pretty quick apparently, and then they backtracked on the statement as someone having "misspoke" :s-smilie:

Original post by G8D
Does Jack play any role in the game if she doesn't die in the suicide mission?

NVM, wiki'd it.

Did you get everyone killed in ME2? :tongue:

I liked seeing her again, though I did like her in ME2 :h: Was interesting to see how much of an impact you'd had on her.. Everyone else seemed fairly detached from Shep and no different personality-wise (despite the arguably life-changing events of ME2).

Original post by G8D
Why do you guys like Mordin so much? He died during the suicide mission for me and I felt nothing.

Because he is the very model of a scientist salarian!
Well after many packs without a single N7 rarity item, I just got the Paladin and the Black Widow one after the other. :biggrin:
I love this game. Been playing it for 2 days and I'm already liking it much more than Skyrim. I think some of the moral choices laid at your door are brilliant. I'm doing the missions on Tuchanka at the moment and the way this is all unfolding when you get given chances to alter the future or not, cleverly done.

All of this is going to make me hate the ending more and more but for the moment I'm quite happy playing the best game I've had for a long time.
Hiya folks!

Okay I've never played any of the Mass Effect games but I saw the trailer for Mass Effect 3 and I was like "and I haven't followed this series..why?".

So come summer time I'll pick up Mass effect 1 and 2 for the PC.

How graphically dated does Mass Effect 1 seem now? (not that graphics is everything, but I do like shiny..). I've heard there are some decent mods you can download to improve textures and polygon counts on faces to help make it look less dated.

Also is it correct that you carry over your save to the later games, or that later games detect the previous game on your PC? I've heard about your choices in ME1 having effects in ME2 and I assume ME2 carries to ME3?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
Hiya folks!

Okay I've never played any of the Mass Effect games but I saw the trailer for Mass Effect 3 and I was like "and I haven't followed this series..why?".

So come summer time I'll pick up Mass effect 1 and 2 for the PC.

A wise choice, on 2 accounts. 1) You will need the extra time in the summer in order to invest yourself in the trilogy and not get distracted from coursework. The lore, the combat system... it's an RPG for crying out loud. 2) Coming from a console player, the PC is superior for Mass Effect. You may not know what this means now, but you can effectively bind powers to keys instead of having to pause the game every 2 seconds as you would on a console. The PC is simply superior for a better gaming experience and this saves site (caution: spoilers) in case you don't want to import your own saves. A word of caution: autosaves are infrequent on ME1 and you should manually save regularly... as in, every 5-10 minutes.

How graphically dated does Mass Effect 1 seem now? (not that graphics is everything, but I do like shiny..). I've heard there are some decent mods you can download to improve textures and polygon counts on faces to help make it look less dated.

I wouldn't know anything about graphics mods, but Mass Effect mods in general are certainly out there. The graphics themselves are fairly dated, but nothing is excruciatingly painful to look at. The game uses the Unreal 3 Engine and looks on par, or slightly worse than, other games on the same engine (Bioshock, Gears of War, Devil May Cry, Unreal Tournament, etc.)

Also is it correct that you carry over your save to the later games, or that later games detect the previous game on your PC? I've heard about your choices in ME1 having effects in ME2 and I assume ME2 carries to ME3?

Yes, and this is perhaps the distinguishing aspect of Mass Effect in comparison to other RPGs. Commander Shepard, the protagonist and main character, is your own character. You mold him (or her!) into who you want him to be. Although there are main missions and side missions, what you do in them and whether you do them at all is entirely up to you. Think of Mass Effect as a tool to partake in your own story rather than a story being told to you. If you've never played a BioWare game before, the conversation wheel will be new to you. Essentially, you make choices by interacting with other characters that can lead to anything from killing them to having sex with them. The save file carries over from game to game and leads to options that those who don't import will not have. As mentioned above, you can use the Mass Effect saves site to explore save files that other players have made and possibly see the ramifications of choices you didn't make on your initial playthrough.

Have fun and welcome to the society.
Reply 1206
Hi, i am looking to buy the first mass effect on xbox 360. I do not mind if it is used or new. Most of the prices on the internet i am seeing are about £15. Game and gamestation had them for £6.99 but they are out of stock and i doubt they will get any more stock in. I have seen it for £12.99 on Amazon but says dispatched between 1-3 weeks and don't really want to wait that long.

Does anyone know where i can get the game for a good price?

Thanks
Reply 1207
Still no sign of my frigging game. Apparently Zavvi require me to wait 4 ****ing weeks (20 working days) before complaining. This is ridiculous. Am really not impressed.
Original post by Hylean
Still no sign of my frigging game. Apparently Zavvi require me to wait 4 ****ing weeks (20 working days) before complaining. This is ridiculous. Am really not impressed.

:console: Just buy it again and return Zavvi's copy if/when it arrives; take a refund if it doesn't.

Here's looking good for a price, if they'll deliver to you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150773118529
Reply 1209
Original post by Illusionary
:console: Just buy it again and return Zavvi's copy if/when it arrives; take a refund if it doesn't.

Here's looking good for a price, if they'll deliver to you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150773118529

I want my CE though. :huff:
Just finished it. A little shell-shocked!
Original post by elcaro
Hi, i am looking to buy the first mass effect on xbox 360. I do not mind if it is used or new. Most of the prices on the internet i am seeing are about £15. Game and gamestation had them for £6.99 but they are out of stock and i doubt they will get any more stock in. I have seen it for £12.99 on Amazon but says dispatched between 1-3 weeks and don't really want to wait that long.

Does anyone know where i can get the game for a good price?

Thanks

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/30101298/Mass-Effect/Product.html?searchstring=mass+effect&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

£9.99 play.com

come on son, raise your google game.
Download it free on your PC yeah play.com :smile:
I got mine on ebay for £10 about a year ago and I just went and looked and for some reason there are only about 5 copies of Mass Effect 1 there, odd?
Reply 1215

Xbox 360. :frown:

Thanks for the help, though. I'll just wait. It should turn up soon, hopefully. My mate who ordered hers from the UK hasn't got it either, so.
Reply 1216

I definantly checked play.com yesterday and they were going for £15.
Thanks anyway
It happens even when she's a friend.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Anyone else disappointed we didn't get to fight with the Elcor on their homeworld?

hell yeah! where are the elcor walking tanks and kalkiosaur riding krogans?!?!?!
yeah they hedged their bets a bit too much with liara! there was a couple of bits where she kept calling me "friend" when my shepard had been tapping that blue behind for like three games!

Also final seen looked a bit odd coz I had my cylon dragon armor helmet on :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest