The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King.
if you dont mind me asking what were your Predicted Grades?

My predicted grades are A*AA
Original post by Asian7
Sorry to hear that. But do you thimk it has to do with your subject combination.? Did you ask for feedback? Good luck in adjustment

I am doing maths, further maths and physics. Bath said I have really good profile but due to the fierce competition they have lots more applicants which are better than me. I didnt ask for any feedbk for other unis. Thanks mate!
Reply 1242
Original post by batman530
I am doing maths, further maths and physics. Bath said I have really good profile but due to the fierce competition they have lots more applicants which are better than me. I didnt ask for any feedbk for other unis. Thanks mate!

Wow...dude I'm pretty surprised they rejected you. You have great a -levels and matching predictions. What universities have you got offers from?
Original post by Alpha5
Wow...dude I'm pretty surprised they rejected you. You have great a -levels and matching predictions. What universities have you got offers from?

yes same here...I got an offer from durham which requires AB only.
Reply 1244
Original post by batman530
My predicted grades are A*AA

That's amazing.
Original post by lmartynofficial
congratulations! did you do any sort of work experience...?

erm NOTHING in accounting or anything like that. my year 10 work experience was as a clerical assistant and i worked with children over the summer, im not sure why i got the offer to be honest, it was a total shock.
Reply 1246
Please can anyone advise me on which uni to put as an insurance?
I am choosing between these three:
Durham BB(Maths and Economics)
Exeter AB (Maths and Economics)
Nottingham ABB(Maths,Economics and Geography)

Any comments are appreciated !!!!!:smile:)
And I am still waiting for Warwick, hope they will get back to me soon:s-smilie:
Original post by skyue
Please can anyone advise me on which uni to put as an insurance?
I am choosing between these three:
Durham BB(Maths and Economics)
Exeter AB (Maths and Economics)
Nottingham ABB(Maths,Economics and Geography)

Any comments are appreciated !!!!!:smile:)
And I am still waiting for Warwick, hope they will get back to me soon:s-smilie:

Durham is the best out of all of them and it also happens to have the easiest offer so I'd say insure that for defo.
Just got LSE offer today - AAA. Absolutely ecstatic atm!
Reply 1249
Original post by Ashkan123
Just got LSE offer today - AAA. Absolutely ecstatic atm!

Smashed it!!!
Reply 1250
Guys I'm in need of some help! Basically I didn't put the work in last year and consequently under achieved at AS, ending up with ABC. My teachers therefore at a push were only prepared to predict me ABB, which I eventually (after a lot of reasoning) managed to get up to AAB, in order to broaden the range of universities I could apply for.

I ended up applying for Exeter, Lancaster, Durham, Kent and Oxford Brookes and I have managed to receive offers from all of them. I was set on firming Durham, mainly due to its reputation, however was not pleased with the campus on a recent visit, which combined with the distance away from home, wrote it off my list.

In my recent exams I did a lot better than expected and I'm on course for 3 A's (an A* in business if I match the performance of my unit 3 exam in the summer). However all my choices now don't appeal after knowing that I could do a bit better.

Is my only real option therefore to reapply next year (which I assume it is) and how do you think many of the uni's offering higher requirements would view a gap year? Obviously I would take up some work experience etc. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot
If you get A*AA and really want to go to Warwick or LSE, or apply for a different course altogether, then by all means reapply - it's your education and money so you have to be happy with it. I wouldn't reapply to get into anywhere other unis because the unis you have now are great and shouldn't really make you want to go for more.

If you get 3 As or lower I don't think you should reapply, it would be a risk to rely on getting offers from better unis than you have now, and you could end up with the same unis you had this year and see that you've taken a gap year for no reason.

At the end of the day it's up to you but I say don't make any rash decisions until you get your results in August. You can always reject your offers and opt to reapply anytime before the course starts.
Which of the following would provide the greater prospects for a career in accounting and finance?

Aston University - Business and Management
University of Nottingam - Finance, Accouting and Management
Hi Guys,

I know I posted this a long time ago but I still need help! Could you have a look and help me PLEASEEEE! :smile:

Much appreciated.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35723727#post35723727
Original post by The_Sphere
Which of the following would provide the greater prospects for a career in accounting and finance?

Aston University - Business and Management
University of Nottingam - Finance, Accouting and Management

Nottingham
Original post by uxa595
daymmmmm, i need 74 for an A in econ :redface: , which i think will be hard to get so i'm retaking unit 1 to lower that req to around 65-69 hopefully.
In maths i need to average 62UMS in S1 and C4 which should be straight forward :smile: i honestly cba with the A* as i don't need it for any the warwick offer. I'd rather reduce the pressure of aiming for an A* and focus more on econ.

Also, i've firmed warwick, insured brum and declined LSE :smile:

Just saw this... what made decline LSE?
Reply 1256
Original post by joshgoldman
Just saw this... what made decline LSE?

I'm guessing that says what made me decline LSE?

I get more grants at Warwick plus i stay at home (which doesn't bother me). I get 4.5k a year in grants, my tuition fees are only 7k a year and i won't have to pay to live in london.

Both unis are great for A&F but i don't see the point in paying out around 20k more then i have to when i can still go to a great uni with similar prospects.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by uxa595
I'm guessing that says what made me decline LSE?

I get more grants at Warwick plus i stay at home (which doesn't bother me). I get 4.5k a year in grants, my tuition fees are only 7k a year and i won't have to pay to live in london.

Both unis are great for A&F but i don't see the point in paying out around 20k more then i have to when i can still go to a great uni with similar prospects.

Yeah sorry, was tired :angel:. Fair enough! Good luck to you at Warwick - might see you there!
Reply 1258
do you think my teacher sending them a change in the predicted grade help improve my chances to get an offer from durham? :P
the change had been form ABB to AAB
Reply 1259
which is better to insure - Lancaster or Exeter??:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending