The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perseveranze
Luc Chatel fait suspendre une enseignante après une minute de silence pour Merah - Yahoo! Actualités France

This article says that a professor has been suspended for having requested from his students to observe 1 minute of silence for Mohamed Merah. He thought that he was victim of a big conspiracy.

Nice freedom of speech.

Imagine the outrage if a teacher held a minute of silence in a class where a large portion of the students are Muslim for any American who was killed by police after he shot dead three Muslim children, that teacher would also have calls to be suspended.

Why is the article you've posted in French? Wouldn't it have been more convenient for everybody to post it in English? Or did you post it in French for your own convenience, so that you could say that the "professor has been suspended"? What the article actually says is "Education Minister Luc Chatel called for the teacher to be suspended", it didn't say the teacher has definitely been suspended, it says there has been a call for his suspension. Did you deliberately post that article in French to deceive other TSR users on this thread? I sure hope you didn't do that deliberately, but if you did, there was no need to deceive anybody.

Oh, and the French Education minister was practising his right to freedom of speech by calling for the teacher's suspension, what you don't quite understand is that all freedom of speech has its limits. Holding a minute's silence for a terrorist when the French nation is in shock as a result of the horrific killings is just bang out of order.
Original post by Politricks
Imagine the outrage if a teacher held a minute of silence in a class where a large portion of the students are Muslim for any American who was killed by police after he shot dead three Muslim children, that teacher would also have calls to be suspended.

Why is the article you've posted in French? Wouldn't it have been more convenient for everybody to post it in English? Or did you post it in French for your own convenience, so that you could say that the "professor has been suspended"? What the article actually says is "Education Minister Luc Chatel called for the teacher to be suspended", it didn't say the teacher has definitely been suspended, it says there has been a call for his suspension. Did you deliberately post that article in French to deceive other TSR users on this thread? I sure hope you didn't do that deliberately, but if you did, there was no need to deceive anybody.

Oh, and the French Education minister was practising his right to freedom of speech by calling for the teacher's suspension, what you don't quite understand is that all freedom of speech has its limits. Holding a minute's silence for a terrorist when the French nation is in shock as a result of the horrific killings is just bang out of order.

Hear Hear
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
dont get dragged into a circular debate with perverseadherence, he views crimes committed by muslims as complex constructed conspiracies and will soon copy and paste 9 pages of spam of crackpots quotes stating garbage as fact.

Ask him what his real view is on rights to freedom of speech - specifically the right of a magazine to print a picture of Mohammed. He wont answer me on his topic.

Hear Hear

He comes across as a bit of a crackpot.
Luc Chatel fait suspendre une enseignante après une minute de silence pour Merah - Yahoo! Actualités France

This article says that a professor has been suspended for having requested from his students to observe 1 minute of silence for Mohamed Merah. He thought that he was victim of a big conspiracy.

Nice freedom of speech.

He has not been suspended... yet anyway.

He should never have asked his students to observe any silence for that terrorist.

Edit: I would like to point out that if you are in a position of authority within a School, freedom of speech is restricted due to unfavourable opinions and them not wanting to be spread and create a school full of trouble makers. If he is suspended it will be a very good thing as he should never have done it, regardless if he had good intentions or not.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 264
Yeh, good backtrack. Saddam was only in power becuae of saudi and he could only afford his war with iran becuase of saudis 1 billion a month. A war with iran was in their interests by-proxy using iraq as their puppet - they have been itching to attack iran for hundreds of years. The US doesnt and never has bankrolled Israel - it shares military tech, but that is a 2 way street becuase israel supplies them too with some of the worlds most advanced tech. They are mutual allies. Saddam was saudis puppet - who werent bothered that he was gassing millions of kurds and shias but when he wnet in to full megolomania mode and invaded kuwait , like i stated 3 posts ago, they really didnt know what to do about him and stayed passive . bit like the general muslim response to islamist groups. Leaving it up to the West to sort out.

Iran is and always has been of much more significant a threat to US government than islamist retards living in caves - they have a proper army with the most financial clout in the region and the ability to develop nukes,and an offical anti-US natioanl doctrine. They also have strategic alliances with major countries outside the region- hence the US outward alliance with saudi royal family ( not islamists, which you dont seem to understand the difference between). This relationship isnt an even one however, and saudi government still does what the US tells them- even if they are unable to fully reign in their islamist preachers - so much so that they execute and torture various islamists that the US regard as high risk ( as do Jordan, bahrain, egypt under mubarek etc)
Of course the was US playing a duplicitous game, same as Saudi is. Same as china, france and everyone else :dunce: Its taken you 2 days of this conversation for you to finally click in your peabrain how politics works. time to open the champagne!

I think you are as butt-hurt as are every other muslim on tsr that bitches on a daily basis about western forces hunting terrorists in muslim countries and or 'politics'. So much so that on a thread about an islamic terrorist attack in france all we have heard is wahh wahh afganistan, iraq, palestine and other similar bull****. It isnt the west that is bithcing - they have faced with a direct threat by islamic terrorists and responded - not crying about unrelated political events 5 thousand miles away.

I wasnt at all, if fact i think you should keep up your bitching about it, because you have nothing else to run with :cool:

Having lost my initial reply to this post, I'll take it as a sign and not bother writing it out again. But to have the audacity of telling me I know nothing of international politics when you've uttered such tragic statements like, "Iraq is Saudi's puppet" and "the US has never bankrolled Israel" is just...:facepalm2:. And let's not even start on your 'Engrish' lol.
Original post by nosaer
Having lost my initial reply to this post, I'll take it as a sign and not bother writing it out again. But to have the audacity of telling me I know nothing of international politics when you've uttered such tragic statements like, "Iraq is Saudi's puppet" and "the US has never bankrolled Israel" is just...:facepalm2:. And let's not even start on your 'Engrish' lol.

Yeah
"duuh my computor broke an all da stuff i did written dat iz agenst wot you sed is gone now duuh :dunce:"

havent heard that one before :smile:
dont get dragged into a circular debate with perverseadherence, he views crimes committed by muslims as complex constructed conspiracies and will soon copy and paste 9 pages of spam of crackpots quotes stating garbage as fact.

You can't debate me to save your life, and this is something you're well aware off. I wonder how long it took you to construct that sentence above in proper english without a spelling mistake, great act for someone who knows so much about Islam and has a "phd".

I think I stopped taking you seriously when you began to say that "Muslims believe the earth is 6000 years old".

And none of my "quotes" are garbage (unlike you, I don't make a claim without evidential backup, you know, how debaters usually do?), you just never have been able to argue against them. Just recently you tried to accuse me of missing out terrorist attacks of 2001, but you obviously didn't read the source which showed terrorist attacks from 1985-2005. Oh and unlike you, I didn't get it from "thereligionofpeace.com", I got it from FBI's statistical data reports.

Only someone with your kind of mentality would miss that one out.

Ask him what his real view is on rights to freedom of speech - specifically the right of a magazine to print a picture of Mohammed. He wont answer me on his topic.

This is the first time your asking me. No, I don't think magazines should be printing pictures of the Prophet(pbuh) or of any religious figures history.

It's offensive and doesn't entail any progressive discussion. Freedom of speech as I once said in the past is 3 things; "truth, progress and accountability", - which no offensive cartoons promote, rather the opposite.

Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
Well he said he commited the offences, and he has recorded them on his camera. So I think he is probably guilty.

Just being honest here.

How do you know he wasn't mentally ill? Please provide your evidences, thank you.

Original post by Politricks

If he's not being suspended then that's fine. I just wanted to make sure that what he did is allowed, as we wouldn't want to be hypocrites now.
(edited 12 years ago)
You can't debate me to save your life, and this is something you're well aware off. I wonder how long it took you to construct that sentence above in proper english without a spelling mistake, great act for someone who knows so much about Islam and has a "phd".

I think I stopped taking you seriously when you began to say that "Muslims believe the earth is 6000 years old".

And none of my "quotes" are garbage (unlike you, I don't make a claim without evidential backup, you know, how debaters usually do?), you just never have been able to argue against them. Just recently you tried to accuse me of missing out terrorist attacks of 2001, but you obviously didn't read the source which showed terrorist attacks from 1985-2005. Oh and unlike you, I didn't get it from "thereligionofpeace.com", I got it from FBI's statistical data reports.

Only someone with your kind of mentality would miss that one out.

This is the first time your asking me. No, I don't think magazines should be printing pictures of the Prophet(pbuh) or of any religious figures history.

It's offensive and doesn't entail any progressive discussion. Freedom of speech as I once said in the past is 3 things; "truth, progress and accountability", - which no offensive cartoons promote, rather the opposite.

Again, i didnt mention 'cartoons' thats you again substituting quotes for your own means :redface: Even so, whats the harm of cartoons, didnt you watch Family Guy or the Simpsons as a kid?

You were trying to preach the freedom of speech rights of a teacher paying respects to a serial killer and terrorist, but also supress the rights to print pictures in a magazine? :hmmmm: My hypocracy meter is going off the scale...

Latest

Trending

Trending