The Student Room Group

so i got a grade u for F334 in january,

Now im retaking it in June along with doing f335, this is my first U grade, i used two revision books to make notes, did many past papers over and over and this was just a kick in the nuts,

any help ideally wanted a B but eh,
Reply 1
That's... great...?
Reply 2
any help ideally wanted

not phrased correctly,

sorry, any tips and how to smash this exam and get a minimum C?
Reply 3
Original post by Stryder402
Now im retaking it in June along with doing f335, this is my first U grade, i used two revision books to make notes, did many past papers over and over and this was just a kick in the nuts,

any help ideally wanted a B but eh,

What did you get in your mocks? If you did well, then this may just be anomalous.
Reply 4
got Cs in them
Reply 5
Original post by Stryder402
got Cs in them

If you can't make sense of why your grade was so low then I'd recommend ordering photocopies of your papers from OCR - it will really help to see the kinds of errors you make in the actual exam.
Is f331 the easiest or not?
My advice would be past paper, past paper, past paper. I've been in a similar situation and past papers are the thing that I feel most helped me improve. You learn the knowledge, by looking up where you're going wrong, and then you learn how to best apply it to the questions.
Reply 8
Original post by AGrumpyMole
Is f331 the easiest or not?

f331 is piss easy for a chem exam.. compared to f334 n f335
Reply 9
Also In my sixth form.. a lot of people got all A's and B's FOR AS and they did f334 in jan 2012 and put it this way no1 got higher than a C grade. All lower.

I seen the paper and it was nasty so hopefuly the resit is beta. It does depend on the paper aswell. good luck :smile:
this paper was such a b*tch though!!!! I absolutly HATED it. i got a B for AS, and an E for this exam. going to be retaking with f335, f334 AND f332 in summer. im gunna have such a great 3 months -.-

Quick Reply

Latest