The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arantxaxiam
I am doing politics, economics and international relations !!!!!! u???

Dont know if our paths will cross then. I'm doin human biosciencewith anthropology.
where you thinkin for accomodation then?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 621
Original post by CrazyPerson
I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!
:banana::banana2::clap2::dance::happy2::hoppy::nutcase::rofl3::woo::woohoo:

They say it's Conditional on me passing my access course. But i've already passed it. Just emailed them my certificates to prove I have

arantxaxiam you were right!! Email reply and then an offer within the week

I'm SOOOOOO Happy I could fly!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations ^_^
Resent an email to OB today, staying optimistic haha.
Original post by Torrent
Congratulations ^_^
Resent an email to OB today, staying optimistic haha.

stay positive! best of luck ! :biggrin:
Dont know if our paths will cross then. I'm doin human biosciencewith anthropology.
where you thinkin for accomodation then?

cheney student village ensuite or clive botth student village ensuite as well ! how about you?
I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!
:banana::banana2::clap2::dance::happy2::hoppy::nutcase::rofl3::woo::woohoo:

They say it's Conditional on me passing my access course. But i've already passed it. Just emailed them my certificates to prove I have

arantxaxiam you were right!! Email reply and then an offer within the week

I'm SOOOOOO Happy I could fly!!! :biggrin:

Hey, congrats on your offer. I'm in exactly the same situation with the offer and already passed the access. Except I have no scanned copies of my certs. Did you have to call them to get the address or am I being really dim and missing some instructions somewhere? Thanks.
Original post by green.tea
Hey, congrats on your offer. I'm in exactly the same situation with the offer and already passed the access. Except I have no scanned copies of my certs. Did you have to call them to get the address or am I being really dim and missing some instructions somewhere? Thanks.

What address?
What address?

Where to send the certificates. I know they get a-level results automatically but we have to send them our access ones ourselves. I' m planning on calling them tomorrow but didnt want to do so having missed something obvious.
Where to send the certificates. I know they get a-level results automatically but we have to send them our access ones ourselves. I' m planning on calling them tomorrow but didnt want to do so having missed something obvious.

I just quoted my UCAS ID number and name. And sent the scans to the query email address.

YOu shouldn't need to send them the hard copies.
I just quoted my UCAS ID number and name. And sent the scans to the query email address.

YOu shouldn't need to send them the hard copies.

Ahh, thanks. I'll see if a can use someones scanner and do that. Have they changed your offer to unconditional?
Ahh, thanks. I'll see if a can use someones scanner and do that. Have they changed your offer to unconditional?

Not yet, but I only emailed them on Friday morning. I'll ring them on Tuesday if it's still conditional.

Can't find my course on SF now. GRRRRR :mad:
Reply 630
Have an unconditional offer and have just firmed Brookes, ahhhhhh so excited for September :biggrin:
Original post by josiexoxo
Have an unconditional offer and have just firmed Brookes, ahhhhhh so excited for September :biggrin:

Me too. :smile: I can't wait to get there. :woo:
Me too. :smile: I can't wait to get there. :woo:

Congrats, what will you be studying?
Original post by Jasperbasil2
Congrats, what will you be studying?

Japanese. I'm going to be studying hard between now and then to give myself a head start.

How about you?

Japanese. I'm going to be studying hard between now and then to give myself a head start.

How about you?

I am doing politics, economics and international relations, started in January. :-)
Original post by Jasperbasil2

I am doing politics, economics and international relations, started in January. :-)

Cool. How are you finding it? I've never been to Oxford. Is the area as nice as people say?
Cool. How are you finding it? I've never been to Oxford. Is the area as nice as people say?

yes, it is as nice as they say :wink:

Yes, its lovely, plus it has something for everyone.

They have now!! And I've firmed it. :woo:
SOOOOO excited that I'm going to be living in Oxford!!!
Such a beautiful place. :smile:

Just continuing the fight with the delightful service that is Student Finance :unimpressed:

Did you scan you certificates and get them sent off?
Just continuing the fight with the delightful service that is Student Finance :unimpressed:

Hate to be the harbinger of doom but I applied for my SF in November, started uni in January and am still doing battle, though we are getting closer :smile: I would highly reccommend that you note every call, every name and keep a folder of all your letters etc.

They have even managed to deny knowledge of one form that was in the same envelope as one they freely admit receiving!

On the plus side my daughters application went straight through:biggrin: ...... not that I'm jealous, lol.

Quick Reply