The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by Phoenix07
Yer its all good now thanks :smile: still trying to drag my grades up though really need to do well!

But yer meeting people and making friends is way more difficult then people make out it is, pfft!

Yer I had a couple of jobs before uni but didn't really have any savings at all, if you budget and are good with your money you'll get through! I am rubbish and constantly over spend (mostly on food :frown: )! Probably going to need a job before I go on to my postgrad stuff though because far too poor to pay to live anywhere currently! Shouldn't you sleep soon (if not already) because you have the wedding tomorrow?

That's good to hear :smile:. I do hope you're able to bring up your grades though.

I really agree with that, especially as I am autistic :frown:. Whenever everyone else talks to each other, it just looks so natural. But whenever I talking talk, something doesn't seem right. Everyone else seems to know everything.

Yeah. I've never had a job. Everyone else in my school seems to have one.

Good to hear you had jobs during college. I never seem to find one (although for you it must have been a lot easier due to there being more jobs back then.

And it's likely I won't post anything while at the wedding, as I need to save battery on my phone :tongue:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Awww, he sounds lovely :tongue:

:ta: Sleep hasn't been so bad the past few weeks or so, not sure what's changed.

:yep: :love::tongue:

That's good. :hugs:

So much work to do today. :sad:
i skipped my med last night so i could get to work on time. sleeping 10 hours all the time means i only had to sleep 5 tonight. i feel so much more energetic. IT'S ALL GOOD.
I don't know what to do, and who to go to. I feel like **** right now and just need to talk to someone :frown:

I dont even know where to start, I havent been diagnosed with depression but I often feel very sad for no reason, cry a lot and have had a few moments when I have thought about overdosing. Nothing majorly bad has happened in my life. I have very low self confidence and find it hard to make friends, i'm at uni, have a few friends and my boyfriend. But we just had a fight and he said all these horrible things. So I tried looking for paracetemol but couldnt find any, I dont know what i'd have done if i'd found any...He doesnt know that I feel very sad a lot and doesnt know that i've thought about overdosing before, i'm scared if I tell him he'll leave me.

I feel so bad writing this because I feel pathetic writing about how I feel so depressed because my boyfriend hates me. But I have often phrases of depressed moods and I hate myself. My boyfriend is the only person who actually understands me and he means so much to me, I dont knowwhat would happen if I lost him.

I'm sorry for being pathetic, and I feel guilty because there are so many people with worse problems, but I just need to talk to someone who understands me. Thanks if you read all this and it probably makes no sense, but thanks I really appreciate it :smile:

Hey :smile:
You're not being pathetic at all, sorry you're having such a tough time. :hugs:
I would really advise you to see your gp and tell them how you're feeling. I know it will seem scary, but it will be worth it I promise. :smile:

Last night was so strange, I just felt so restless and I was tossing and turning in bed for ages because I felt so sad - ridiculous I know! I also keep going to bed really early because I get so bored of doing nothing and can't bear to be awake. Also when I was walking to uni alone today someone shouted at me from a car window and it made me cry :frown:

Know the feeling. :console:
Are you on any medication at the moment?
That's awful, try not to think about it too much, it was just some randome douche :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
That's good to hear :smile:. I do hope you're able to bring up your grades though.

I really agree with that, especially as I am autistic :frown:. Whenever everyone else talks to each other, it just looks so natural. But whenever I talking talk, something doesn't seem right. Everyone else seems to know everything.

Yeah. I've never had a job. Everyone else in my school seems to have one.

Good to hear you had jobs during college. I never seem to find one (although for you it must have been a lot easier due to there being more jobs back then.

And it's likely I won't post anything while at the wedding, as I need to save battery on my phone :tongue:.

I hope I am able to as well, my dissertation is worth like a third of my degree so really it is all down to how I do on that :/

Completely get what you mean with the people thing, whenever I spend time with my housemates and their friends I am always just sat on the outside kind of watching them all chat and get on, and I just don't understand how it is so easy for them :frown: wish we could find it that easy to talk to people!

I have only really had 2 jobs, one was in a restaurant and I wasn't there for long because the boss was horrible to us all :frown: and the second one I only got because it is where my mum works. So really I am quite lucky, I still do random work for them and it is quite well paid. Have always had issues with getting a job though because back home I live in a really small town in the country so really not many jobs at all around. Might be easier getting a job when you go to uni? specially if you go to one in a city!

But yer you shouldn't be posting on here you should be off enjoying the wedding :smile: hope you have fun hun :hugs:

Original post by bullettheory
x

Spoiler

I do just want to say thanks as well, that person last night writing about how we all just need to pull ourselves together and see the bright side or whatever really annoyed me but didn't want to put anything!
(edited 12 years ago)
I know I post here a lot, but I'm still feeling under the weather despite a really good night's sleep and waking up to see the cat meowing at me from the end of my bed <3

I really don't want to go to work, yet I don't want to stay home because my parents are home. I want to go somewhere where I can be completely alone yet I know for a fact I won't be able to do that. I just feel so terrible and the thoughts in my head are getting worse and worse :frown: On the 28th I've got my first meeting with my therapist, but I don't know if I can last that long.
Reply 5766
Original post by alexlduffy
I know I post here a lot, but I'm still feeling under the weather despite a really good night's sleep and waking up to see the cat meowing at me from the end of my bed <3

I really don't want to go to work, yet I don't want to stay home because my parents are home. I want to go somewhere where I can be completely alone yet I know for a fact I won't be able to do that. I just feel so terrible and the thoughts in my head are getting worse and worse :frown: On the 28th I've got my first meeting with my therapist, but I don't know if I can last that long.

Hey.

I know the feeling.... if you have a park / woodland near by I would go that way. I always go down by the river to help me think.... or you could swap with me... Im always alone..... its the company I need....:frown:
Original post by warp2125
Hey.

I know the feeling.... if you have a park / woodland near by I would go that way. I always go down by the river to help me think.... or you could swap with me... Im always alone..... its the company I need....:frown:

There's a field/wooded area near mine but it gets used as a golf course so sadly I can't use it. There's not many areas like that here, but if I think of one I'll try and go there. I hardly ever leave the house randomly or by myself though because my parents get suspicious. Last time they were suspicious that I was doing drugs or I had a secret girlfriend.
Reply 5768
There's a field/wooded area near mine but it gets used as a golf course so sadly I can't use it. There's not many areas like that here, but if I think of one I'll try and go there. I hardly ever leave the house randomly or by myself though because my parents get suspicious. Last time they were suspicious that I was doing drugs or I had a secret girlfriend.

hahah... a secret girlfriend.... I wish... although my folks did ask about that once. Maybe you could just try going for a walk.... that can help settle things down.
Original post by warp2125
hahah... a secret girlfriend.... I wish... although my folks did ask about that once. Maybe you could just try going for a walk.... that can help settle things down.

I get it all the time from them. I can't even get a girlfriend in the first place, so it's fine :') I might walk home from work if I still feel down.
Reply 5770
I get it all the time from them. I can't even get a girlfriend in the first place, so it's fine :') I might walk home from work if I still feel down.

lol.. I know that feeling. I think every relationship I have had has hit the ground faster then a falling plane. Think I have kinda given up now... told my parents they wont be getting grand kids from me.
If anyone suffers from depression PLEASE try St john's wort herb and/or evening primrose oil, i've been on it for 1 week and a half and i'm already starting to be myself again after 7/8 years, i've stopped worrying and stressing over little things, a weight has been lifted from my head it feels like, i don't know why i didn't try it before, i have more enthusiasm and energy :smile: Remember: synthetic drugs are not always the answer, they give unwanted side effects too, so if they are not for you please try natural medicines. They give other benefits too, nice skin + hair, hormone balancing. Just an alternative to those crappy ''medicines'' i was on before. The answer was staring me in the face all along and i never heard of these alternatives. But obviously don't it take it with certain medications ask your doctor first :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Darklady.
If anyone suffers from depression PLEASE try St john's wort herb and/or evening primrose oil, i've been on it for 1 week and a half and i'm already starting to be myself again after 7/8 years, i've stopped worrying and stressing over little things, i don't know why i didn't try it before, i have more enthusiasm and energy :smile: Remember: synthetic drugs are not always the answer, they give unwanted side effects too, so if they are not for you please try natural medicines. They give other benefits too, nice skin + hair, hormone balancing. Just an alternative to those crappy ''medicines'' i was on before. The answer was staring me in the face all along and i never heard of these alternatives.
OH wow, It's got to be so great to have some of the darkest thoughts gone. I can't even imagine what that must be like as they've been there so long. Good luck and thanks for sharing! :smile:
Original post by los lobos marinos
OH wow, It's got to be so great to have some of the darkest thoughts gone. I can't even imagine what that must be like as they've been there so long. Good luck and thanks for sharing! :smile:

Thankyou :smile: I no longer think negative, so it must have been a chemical imbalance, so i wasn't going crazy :P I just wanted to say there are other alternatives out there than just anti-depressants, and it may just be chemical/hormonal imbalances causing the depression rather than a way of thinking. Also wanted to say, get a thyroid test, it's been proven thyroid plays a role in chronic depression. Please don't give up hope :smile: there is an answer to everything as i have found it.
Reply 5774
Original post by laut_biru
:tongue:

Spoiler

Haha, es tut mir leid!

I'll try and be on this evening but I gotta get quite a bit of work done inbetween walking and the Arsenal match :tongue: :hugs:
Reply 5775

Could you say that you're going to start walking or jogging to try to help lift your mood? Or just for some general exercise.

My parents were very suspicious when I started going out for hour long walks every evening last year after hardly leaving the house before that, but it soon settled into part of my daily routine and now they comment when I don't leave!

If anyone suffers from depression PLEASE try St john's wort herb and/or evening primrose oil, i've been on it for 1 week and a half and i'm already starting to be myself again after 7/8 years, i've stopped worrying and stressing over little things, a weight has been lifted from my head it feels like, i don't know why i didn't try it before, i have more enthusiasm and energy :smile: Remember: synthetic drugs are not always the answer, they give unwanted side effects too, so if they are not for you please try natural medicines. They give other benefits too, nice skin + hair, hormone balancing. Just an alternative to those crappy ''medicines'' i was on before. The answer was staring me in the face all along and i never heard of these alternatives. But obviously don't it take it with certain medications ask your doctor first :smile:

Just to add to this: don't take St John's Wort in conjuction with your current psychotropic meds because there can be some interaction of ingredients.

Always check with your doctor or pharmacist first!
(edited 12 years ago)

On this note, then it interacts with loads of other drugs, including prescription anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, most forms of the pill (and related birth control methods), and some over the counter pain killers.
I forgot how much I love the sun. Went to the gym, did a really good workout, really tired myself out then walked home in the sunshine with some good music and a great big ****ing grin on my face. Exercise endorphins ftw, I highly recommend working out and then basking in the glorious sunshine. :woo:
Original post by rmhumphries
On this note, then it interacts with loads of other drugs, including prescription anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, most forms of the pill (and related birth control methods), and some over the counter pain killers.
On the flip-side though, it CAN be successfully combined (subject to approval by a medically qualified professional) with loads of other drugs, including prescription anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, some variants of the pill (and related birth control methods), and some over the counter pain killers.

The main point being that is always best to seek professional advice before trying alternative treatments to ensure everything is monitored, potential complications are assessed and any relevant risks identified. Consultation is the name of the game :smile:

Hell, I'd eat earthworms, slugs and spiders if I read somewhere that it might help and my shrink/GP said something along the lines of "There is no proven medical research to support claims that eating these animals is beneficial or improves the psychological health of mental health patients. There is also no evidence to indicate that anyone has suffered any unwanted side-effects as a result. If you want to consider this then give it a go, it is your free choice. We can monitor together for any improves or decline in health. Just make sure you prepare the food correctly to protect against food poisoning etc" :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
I forgot how much I love the sun. Went to the gym, did a really good workout, really tired myself out then walked home in the sunshine with some good music and a great big ****ing grin on my face. Exercise endorphins ftw, I highly recommend working out and then basking in the glorious sunshine. :woo:
Been thinking about that today. Gonna pump up the tyres on my bike and cycle into London tomorrow to get a similar high ('ll do about 25 miles return trip). Always feel so much better after exercise. Helps me sleep too. :smile: Thanks for the reminder/prompt.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest