The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Don't understand that. While it happened there, it could've happened at any ground.

Surely would be better to go back, aim to win the tie and dedicate the win to Muamba?

In some ways I agree, but then I also understand why Bolton wouldn't want to return to the ground - kinda like having to re-live it all over again maybe?
I couldn't imagine what it must be like for something like that to happen to a friend. I can't see them giving up the tie though. They're 1 win away from playing at Wembley. Muamba wouldn't want them to throw in the towel at this stage, i'm sure.
Having thought about it I think the only solution is to come back to WHL and replay the whole thing, going to extra time and pens if needed.

In other news:

Come back? :moon:
Original post by rockrunride
Having thought about it I think the only solution is to come back to WHL and replay the whole thing, going to extra time and pens if needed.

What about a neutral venue? Perhaps Wembley as a special token for Muamba?
Original post by UniOfLife
What about a neutral venue? Perhaps Wembley as a special token for Muamba?

The FA probably wouldn't allow it as it'd realistically be about a third to half full and therefore not profitable at all.
This may not be a popular idea to float in your thread, but maybe it would be better to just call the first match a draw and settle it in one match at the Reebok? :holmes:

Or, even better idea, settle it in one match at a smaller neutral venue such as Villa Park and give all the money raised to the British Heart Foundation or something similar. Doubt that would ever happen but it would be awesome. :yy:
(edited 12 years ago)
The FA probably wouldn't allow it as it'd realistically be about a third to half full and therefore not profitable at all.

Given the situation, I'm not sure profitability would stand in the way. The FA won't want to be seen to be worrying about money in this issue. Plus, like scriggy says, some of the profits could be given to charity which would bring in more people. Not that I think there would be difficulty filling Wembley for a game with such meaning now. There would probably be plenty of neutrals who would want to come along and show support for Muamba by being there.

You're right that it won't happen because the FA is stupid, and probably Tottenham want their home advantage. But I think its a sensible idea.
Juventus midfielder Milos Krasic regrets turning down an offer to join Tottenham on loan in January.

"There were offers from Zenit St Petersburg and Tottenham but Idecided to stay at Juve because I believed I would get another chance here," he told Sebian newspaper Vecernje Novosti.

"Obviously, that was an-ill judged decision."

That's quite interesting..
Reply 1548
:lolwut:
Talked about tough fixtures.

8 league games played

LWDWLLLD

So that's 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses - 8 points from a possible 24..

At least the remaining fixtures aren't as tough.
Original post by Zerforax
Talked about tough fixtures.

8 league games played

LWDWLLLD

So that's 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses - 8 points from a possible 24..

At least the remaining fixtures aren't as tough.

Yeah, 'cos Stoke at home was tough.

This run is pathetic. I can't think of another word for it. And Redknapp and Levy are responsible. The situation with the England job has clearly got to the players and probably Harry too. I don't know what can be done but the situation has got to be sorted out. I can't see us getting anything at Chelsea putting them just two points behind us and almost certainly a 5th place finish for us. It's totally pathetic.

I'm so annoyed!
The awkward moment when Stoke ****ing City end the season unbeaten against you.
Reply 1552
Yeah, 'cos Stoke at home was tough.

This run is pathetic. I can't think of another word for it. And Redknapp and Levy are responsible. The situation with the England job has clearly got to the players and probably Harry too. I don't know what can be done but the situation has got to be sorted out. I can't see us getting anything at Chelsea putting them just two points behind us and almost certainly a 5th place finish for us. It's totally pathetic.

I'm so annoyed!

We could be worse...we could be scouse..
Original post by Kaz310
We could be worse...we could be scouse..

I think what's so annoying is that Harry is showing that he has exactly what is required of an England manager. He led the team well and got them into a good position, thereby raising every fan's hopes. And now, in true England style, he is crushing those hopes.

I never bought into the hype with England and so it never bothered me. But we were 10 points clear of Arsenal and I genuinely thought we'd finish ahead of them this season and definitely in the top 4. Now Harry is crushing that hope and it hurts.

Harry for England? How many Spurs fans are opposed to that idea now? How fickle we all are...
Reply 1554
I think what's so annoying is that Harry is showing that he has exactly what is required of an England manager. He led the team well and got them into a good position, thereby raising every fan's hopes. And now, in true England style, he is crushing those hopes.

I never bought into the hype with England and so it never bothered me. But we were 10 points clear of Arsenal and I genuinely thought we'd finish ahead of them this season and definitely in the top 4. Now Harry is crushing that hope and it hurts.

Harry for England? How many Spurs fans are opposed to that idea now? How fickle we all are...

I feel the same way too. But don't forget, if you had looked at the second half of the season fixtures for us in advance, we had to play Man City, Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea away. Within a space of a month and a half. Even Utd at home( The only team left we just cannot beat in years). These games were very much going to determine our season in hindsdight and it has. I'm just glad that we started the season off the way we did and raced ourselves into 3rd and picked up all the points available before those games hit us. Imagine if we didn't? We'd be fighting for 6th place with Liverpool right about now. Although, we seriously need to start winning again otherwise all that hard work is going to go to waste.

That Stoke game we should have looked to win. We still have Sunderland away which I'm fearing the worst for and Chelsea this weekend soon followed by the FA cup game. Squeaky bum time for us hey
(edited 12 years ago)
Agreeing with all of this, it's still somewhat comfortable going into a weekend knowing that we're definitely going to lose. 90s and early 2000s-style perverse relief.

The Arsenal game really hurt because nobody expected to crumble and lose that badly, but not expecting anything of this weekend!
Expecting us to finish 5th in the league, though fingers are crossed for an FA Cup win. xD
Reply 1557
The match thread to discuss the game against Chelsea is now up; please take discussion specifically relevant to the game there, especially in-game comments. :smile:
Agreeing with all of this, it's still somewhat comfortable going into a weekend knowing that we're definitely going to lose. 90s and early 2000s-style perverse relief.

The Arsenal game really hurt because nobody expected to crumble and lose that badly, but not expecting anything of this weekend!

Amazingly pleased we got a point! With 8 games to go and a 5-point cushion we surely can't mess this up. Right?

Especially as we've finished our "hard" games and Chelsea still have Arsenal and Liverpool to play. Right?

We'll finish top four. Right?

Please... :smile:
Amazingly pleased we got a point! With 8 games to go and a 5-point cushion we surely can't mess this up. Right?

Especially as we've finished our "hard" games and Chelsea still have Arsenal and Liverpool to play. Right?

We'll finish top four. Right?

Please... :smile:

Still want 3rd tbh. Will be very happy indeed with 4th but I don't think 3rd is totally out of reach.

Quick Reply

Latest