The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I met Linvoy Primus and got his autograph about 10 years ago when he came to my junior school
Reply 181
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Fairclough this ginger old dawwwg is my dads cousin, closest ive come to meeting a footballer loll
Reply 182
living in London Colney I've seen most of the Arsenal players over the past 15 years (mostly driving through towards the training ground) but did manage to get autographs from quite a few over the years, however my favourite moment was giving Arsene Wenger 5p in what was Dillons when I was 10, good times!

p.s. i want that 5p back + interest
Yes, Alan Shearer, back in primary school.
Reply 184
met david luiz in macdonalds with his girlfriend at midnight seriously no joke
I met quite a few England U-21's when I was doing work experience in a fancy hotel in Derby (they had a friendly at Pride Park) - saw Agbonlahor, Milner, Walcott and a few others.
Also met Chris Kamara at an airport in Tenerife.
By far my favourite meeting though was Derby defender Jason Shackell :love: (no homo).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 186
my Dad met and until recently had Eusebio's autograph from a long time ago. if anyone here like's boxing, he also has Sir Henry Cooper's autograph on a £1 note.
Reply 187
Original post by Marco Ben
met david luiz in macdonalds with his girlfriend at midnight seriously no joke

anyways , why would you joke about something like that?
Reply 188
Met a few, my best claim to fan is my Dad's classic Mercedes, first owner was Bobby Moore. Shame it now resides in Wales.
Reply 189
Original post by hbk4894
anyways , why would you joke about something like that?

just doesnt seem like something that would happen
but it did
Reply 190
Original post by Marco Ben
just doesnt seem like something that would happen
but it did

alright , i get you now.
Reply 191
lets get this thread running again.
My wife has met John Terry...
Reply 193
i've met Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta twice, and ive met Kompany, Milner, Lescott, Clichy, Johnson, Toure, and De Jong :smile:
Reply 194
I met Dirk Kuyt when I had some form of executive seating for Liverpool Vs Man Utd. It was on behalf of Carling and for Liverpool supporters, but I went in a Man Utd shirt underneath my suit, and was in a neutral box.

He came out after the match in the lobby and I let him know who I supported, good guy. Very humble and charitable too. I also spoke with Kenny Dalglish back then, along with Ian Rush and Grobberlear who were at the lounge at HT. The former two have a massive passion for their club which is very respectable, although I felt very awkward talking about my hopes for Man Utd that season.
Reply 195
Original post by rickjames
I met Dirk Kuyt when I had some form of executive seating for Liverpool Vs Man Utd. It was on behalf of Carling and for Liverpool supporters, but I went in a Man Utd shirt underneath my suit, and was in a neutral box.

He came out after the match in the lobby and I let him know who I supported, good guy. Very humble and charitable too
. I also spoke with Kenny Dalglish back then, along with Ian Rush and Grobberlear who were at the lounge at HT. The former two have a massive passion for their club which is very respectable, although I felt very awkward talking about my hopes for Man Utd that season.

fair play to him.
Reply 196
Original post by Vintage <3
Yes, Alan Shearer, back in primary school.

did you get his autograph?
Reply 197
Original post by 419
Used to talk quite a lot with Benik Afobe :beard:

Really? How did you know him?
Sean Haslegrave, ex Stoke City/Nottingham Forest/Crewe Alexandra.
Original post by hbk4894
did you get his autograph?

Well we got this certificate which had a photocopied version of his autograph on each certificate.