The Student Room Group

Any new games like Age of Empires out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LarrikinLibertine
I can't play Age of Empires 3 online cause I forgot my password and email :frown:

age of empires online is different to age of empires 3
Reply 21
Starcraft II has the same mechanics but is much faster and has a futuristic setting. It is also much, much more competitive and better online. I got to brigadier on AoE3 when it first came out and everyone just disconnected when they started losing. You don't have these amateur problems with SCII, also it is due for an expansion within the next year (roughly) so there will be a skill-reset after a while. If you want to give it a taste before buying, go on team liquid and watch some of the SCII streams on the right hand side.

Rise of Nations is a commendable choice IF you can get a mod that disables nukes. It is more civilizational then the 1-base/city style of AoE. It's also strongly dated and further from AoE style then SC2.
I have no idea why they chose to discontinue the AoE franchise.

It was the best RTS series out there IMO.
Reply 23
The Settlers is similar :smile:
Reply 24
If I could rep you, I would. Rome Total War is FANTASTIC! Along with the whole total war series! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by neverstandstill
Supreme commander is a pretty awesome RTS, Ive not played the latest one yet but imagine its just as good. Starcraft 2 is another great one. Both have bigo online communities so you can alwys find gmes online which is a big for me as playing against the.computer gets boring whatever game it is.

But if you want to experience age of empires again but little different try star wars galactic battlegrounds. Absolute class, basically a starwars version of age of.empires! Pretty old now though and not sure if its still played online..

SupCom2 is a shambles in comparison to SupCom+FA. Do not even consider buying it!

Looking to get a hold of a 3 copies for myself and 2 friends - the gold edition is only selling for £7.70 on amazon!
Original post by LarrikinLibertine
So I absolutely loved Age of Empires 2 and 3 and Empires Dawn of the Modern World if anybody every played that? Anyway I was wondering if anyone new of any games similar to those that are a bit newer but would still work on a fairly standard PC that's a few years old. It was considered a gaming pc when I bought it but is nothing compared to gaming pc's now.

Anyway yeah, looking for similar game play to the age of empires style games. Anybody have any ideas?

Try Tribal wars. Just type it in.

Quick Reply

Latest