The Student Room Group

Anyone from Seven Kings High School...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
don't bother with them seriously, yeah it has a good name but unis nowadays prefer it if u went to an 'okay' college and excel but your choice, if you do happen to go there, good luck!!
Original post by HEY_101
don't bother with them seriously, yeah it has a good name but unis nowadays prefer it if u went to an 'okay' college and excel but your choice, if you do happen to go there, good luck!!

I know but my current school is really bad, unis would probably realise that. I want to go to a good 6th form because it's vital a get good teaching for my A Levels. I have a few backups in mind but it'd be great if I got into Seven Kings.
Original post by HEY_101

Do you know if they are still sending applications, and what their policy is on sending them? Like do they send them over a period of a few months gradually? I sent my form the day it was released online.
Reply 203
my mate didnt even get a letter and she phoned them eeryday and only till may did she find out it was a rejection...

ermm apprently my mate said they've stopped cuz they're doing the interview/tours thing at the moment so... sorry :frown:
Original post by HEY_101
my mate didnt even get a letter and she phoned them eeryday and only till may did she find out it was a rejection...

ermm apprently my mate said they've stopped cuz they're doing the interview/tours thing at the moment so... sorry :frown:

Well this is.. err.. interesting..
They can't do all of the interviews in the same day, so surely they must have spread it out? This is truly odd, assuming my referee wrote them correctly my predicted grades were extremely high. Not just for my school but for any.
If they reject me should I bother asking them for a place on results day?
Original post by HEY_101
Well they do it on different syas so one day its liek 10 ppl in one go not like one by one...

what school do you go/what grades? and what subjects??

Unless you mix well with different ppl and you can take the travelling, then go however bare in mind its the best in redbrdge therefore its not classed as a disadvantaged skl so you might miss out on stuff...

Also, my firend said start teaching your self from day one becuase the skl is behind in most subjects and a levels are hard to grasp...but i will ask my mate for more info! but dont be downheartened!!!

Don't worry, I'm not. I'm hoping they'll send me a letter soon anyway, I'll probably be near the end if I have been given an interview.
I don't really get what you said about 'I might miss out on stuff'. Do you mean everyone there will probably be smarter than me? Because I can't really control that, lol.
And yeah I've planned to begin studying even before the first day, so if I do get in (hopefully) all should go well.

I don't want to tell you what school I go to for privacy reasons, but trust me my grades are high. I don't even want to say what they are just in case someone matches this account to my real name but there are many A*'s. No bad grade.
Reply 206
[QUOTE="Sadian;36593987"]
Original post by meggs

Yeah, I got a place. With those grades, as long as you're not stupid in the interview it'll work out. I really can't remember the questions but I remember it was general stuff. I do recall one was 'use a word to describe yourself and why'. Etc etc.

Thanks SO MUCH! i dont think i did too bad in the interview. It looks very big but i didnt get a chance to see the science lab...r they good?
Reply 207
My mates say the science department is quite poor, but agian like i said before i tihnk in this thread or somewhere, they are quite harsh! And it apprently is quite a small school!
Reply 208
Was amazed when I saw this

Some of the top subject results were:
Maths: 49A*, A grades, 26 B grades
Chemistry: 45 A*,A grades, 25 B grades
Biology: 27A*, A grades, 27 B grades
Economics: 17 A*,A grades, 14 B grades
English: 16A*, A grades, 16 B grades
Reply 209
Original post by QwertyG
Was amazed when I saw this

Some of the top subject results were:
Maths: 49A*, A grades, 26 B grades
Chemistry: 45 A*,A grades, 25 B grades
Biology: 27A*, A grades, 27 B grades
Economics: 17 A*,A grades, 14 B grades
English: 16A*, A grades, 16 B grades

For GCSE or A-level?
Reply 210
Original post by Sadian
For GCSE or A-level?

It was under the sixth form section
Reply 211
Original post by Sadian
As an external, it's pretty damn amazing, not gonna lie. The people are REALLY friendly and, even as an external, you're welcomed and fit in pretty easily. Can't even tell the difference between us externals and internals anymore. Really nice people.

whats the approx percentage of externals that get in? cause' I really wanna go there, but seven kings is usually heavily subscribed so... have I got much of a chance as an external?
I want to do Maths,Physics,Chem,Bio and my predicted grades are 4 A*, 7A's and 1 B (Art) plus, I'm sort of shy.. Do you think I could get into seven kings?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest