The Student Room Group

Woman beaten to death in America for wearing a hijab

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Chloe xxx
Don't 99% of all women, even muslims go to hell according to Islam?

Not appropriate but I had to ask.

That is not true. In fact women are very respected in Islam, and are very much appreciated.
Without bringing the extremities that some countries take such as Saudi Arabia, women are not forced to wear the Hijab, or at least are not "beaten to death" for not wearing them. Also, the required thing to wear stated by Islam is only a head scarf, the ninja type of wearing is actually not liked by Islam, but some people as mentioned earlier like to take things to the extreme, and everyone should respect that.
Reply 61
Original post by Iqbal007
People die everyday, I haven't of those stories ever..........this story should deserve media coverage because essentially it shows that attacking Muslims because of there faith is ok among some.
The reason this should be highlighted furthermore is the hate crime which is occurring in the USA which is supposed to be a tolerant society.

You've got double sided standards on this I think. This is abhorrent I agree but you see it as much more important and newsworthy (the hate crime death of one woman) than the multiple abuse of young girls around europe by foreign immigrants. Which HAS lead to the death of young girls (Laura Wilson, a european girl committed suicide after being abused).

Both are atrocities, and yes it is good to speak out and make others aware of this but it is ONE incident yet you find it much more important than the numerous attacks on westerners.
Reply 62
Original post by Roudin100
That is not true. In fact women are very respected in Islam, and are very much appreciated.
Without bringing the extremities that some countries take such as Saudi Arabia, women are not forced to wear the Hijab, or at least are not "beaten to death" for not wearing them. Also, the required thing to wear stated by Islam is only a head scarf, the ninja type of wearing is actually not liked by Islam, but some people as mentioned earlier like to take things to the extreme, and everyone should respect that.

Oh right, I was just sure I heard Mohammed never mentioned women in heaven other than the girls for sex for the men.

No one should be beaten to death for what they wear. Its disgusting. I saw a poster on Digital Spy the other week say he was in town and a woman was wearing burka, and he said it made him so angry he almost ripped it off her face! I thought wow, you've got some anger issues :eek:
Reply 63
You've got double sided standards on this I think. This is abhorrent I agree but you see it as much more important and newsworthy (the hate crime death of one woman) than the multiple abuse of young girls around europe by foreign immigrants. Which HAS lead to the death of young girls (Laura Wilson, a european girl committed suicide after being abused).

Both are atrocities, and yes it is good to speak out and make others aware of this but it is ONE incident yet you find it much more important than the numerous attacks on westerners.

You think????? The honour killing practice is cultural, I'm against anything which claims to be Islam and is false and am against culture which conflicts with faith and people mistake for faith. I try very hard to root this out of my family.
I could say the same thing about the killings of the thousands of innocent civilians which are killed everyday, the thousands of children killed everyday across the world because of poverty.
I'm just highlighting the double standard of media practices, when many are able to highlight the hate crime against the ethnic group, yet not so much when it's against someones faith, their has to be a counterbalance especially where Media in many cases demonising Islam like the Dailymail.
This is absolutely disgusting :'(

yet no one bothers to give it a larger media coverage, this is such an important piece of news which highlights the increasing violence and hate towards Muslims yet no one is looking to speak out about it :mad:

Have you heard about the french shootings? The guy was a muslim, he killed 7 people, includin muslims and jews.
Why the hate towards muslims? I really can't see why...can you?
Reply 65
Original post by Felchingman
Have you heard about the french shootings? The guy was a muslim, he killed 7 people, includin muslims and jews.
Why the hate towards muslims? I really can't see why...can you?

Ok, so one person who says he is 'Muslim' then goes around committing sins against his faith.......so thats a good enough reason to hate Muslims..........that is just stupidity, if you got to hate someone, hate the individual for it not others.
Reply 66
You think????? The honour killing practice is cultural, I'm against anything which claims to be Islam and is false and am against culture which conflicts with faith and people mistake for faith. I try very hard to root this out of my family.
I could say the same thing about the killings of the thousands of innocent civilians which are killed everyday, the thousands of children killed everyday across the world because of poverty.
I'm just highlighting the double standard of media practices, when many are able to highlight the hate crime against the ethnic group, yet not so much when it's against someones faith, their has to be a counterbalance especially where Media in many cases demonising Islam like the Dailymail.

I think a crime like this is definately classed as a hate crime. Islam isnt a race, but it is still a big part of peoples lives and people can be discriminated against for being a muslim.

This happened in California, thats probably why theres less news reports on it here. Its also one singular murder case, which from looks of it looks very likely it could be an 'honor killing' disguised as a hate crime.
Reply 67
I think a crime like this is definately classed as a hate crime. Islam isnt a race, but it is still a big part of peoples lives and people can be discriminated against for being a muslim.

This happened in California, thats probably why theres less news reports on it here. Its also one singular murder case, which from looks of it looks very likely it could be an 'honor killing' disguised as a hate crime.

I haven't brought up race, thats why I said before it's hate crime.
California is a state full of movies, etc...................... so was the case of the young black teenager gunned down by ZImmerman.
Well the evidence suggests otherwise, also why bring up honour killing, when it really has nothing to do with this.
Don't 99% of all women, even muslims go to hell according to Islam?

Not appropriate but I had to ask.

Nice figure love how islamaphobes like you make em up.
Reply 69
Original post by Kalb
Come on, female muslims die on daily base, for NOT wearing headscarf. And we dont hear about them either.

Shut up you idiot
Reply 70
Now that's real islamophobia.
Original post by translucent
^most of the post above are from muslims :lol:
nice to see you all get in the band-wagon when it's someone muslim being attacked, that news story was on an american website it seems like OP hit gold with this article. Your no better then the 'sex gang muslim' threads, your equally as narrow-minded and deluded :redface:

As an atheist even I admit, that the biggest internet dicks usually turn out to be atheists. Can you not get away from someones religion for a second to relise an innocent women has been tragically murdered in cold blood?

I despise people like you.
Reply 72
Original post by Study
Nice figure love how islamaphobes like you make em up.

Lol, I was told that on a muslim page. I asked if it was correct, I didnt say it is.

If it was a honour killing, I highly doubt they would have left the body for the daughter to find. Also another reason against the honour killing - she was wearing a hijab, slightly suggestive that she is somewhat more of a religious muslim therefore less inclined to undertake behaviour classifed as unIslamic (although I'm in no way suggesting that women that don't wear hijabs are less religious, or that those who wear hijabs are super-religious.) Just applying logic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
I haven't brought up race, thats why I said before it's hate crime.
California is a state full of movies, etc...................... so was the case of the young black teenager gunned down by ZImmerman.
Well the evidence suggests otherwise, also why bring up honour killing, when it really has nothing to do with this.

The evidence doesnt say otherwise at all. It looks very likely that it could be an honour killing cover up case. I knew you wouldnt admit this.

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying its a possibility. What has movies got to do with it? I'm saying the fact it is so far away and hasnt happened in the UK, and is one hate crime murder (there are loads, a gay guy was beaten to death in the US a bit back and that wasnt massively covered here either). Thats why it isnt widely reported.

What about all the hushed up abuse of young girls for years that has been kept quiet by its very own left wing British media, eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 75
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
If it was a honour killing, I highly doubt they would have left the body for the daughter to find. Also another reason against the honour killing - she was wearing a hijab, slightly suggestive that she is somewhat more of a religious muslim. Just applying logic.

Seriously? Better to make it look like a hate crime by intolerant islamaphobes than get caught murdering your own in a liberal society and face the possible death penalty/life w/o parole, don't you think?
Reply 76
Has anyone been arrested? I suspect the note was left to mislead the police into thinking the murder was committed by a non-muslim when in actual fact it was carried out by a muslim who she possibly knew. I'm just keeping an open mind until further news.
Lol, I was told that on a muslim page. I asked if it was correct, I didnt say it is.

Well in that case, sorry.
And erm no its not.
Reply 78
The evidence doesnt say otherwise at all. It looks very likely that it could be an honour killing cover up case. I knew you wouldnt admit this.

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying its a possibility. What has movies got to do with it? I'm saying the fact it is so far away and hasnt happened in the UK, and is one hate crime murder (there are loads, a gay guy was beaten to death in the US a bit back and that wasnt massively covered here either). Thats why it isnt widely reported.

What about all the hushed up abuse of young girls for years that has been kept quiet by its very own left wing British media, eh? :rolleyes:

"About a week ago, the woman's family had received a separate, similar note that read:

"You're a terrorist. You should move back to your country," Hayder Al-Zayadi, a friend of the family, told the Free Press."

"I found her on the floor...in her own blood with a letter next to hear head saying go back to your country you terrorist," Fatima Al Himidi, told 10News, a TV station serving the San Diego area. "

There's the evidence so far........nor is there any signs of her husband in the press so far or any other motivations......there is nothing to admit, from what the news has told us.

Cos i'm highlighting the media coverage there is in California, they have hollywood, also have one the biggest economies as a state.
It doesn't matter how far away it is, but it should be shown here to show people of what could happen if we don't take precautions such as the Zimmerman case.

Well look at the media, it brings out cases which they believe will bring in numbers, thats all they care about.
Seriously? Better to make it look like a hate crime by intolerant islamaphobes than get caught murdering your own in a liberal society and face the possible death penalty/life w/o parole, don't you think?

But then if it was a honour killing - they wouldn't leave the body for the daughter because honour killings are usually done by a family member/spouse - therefore they would protect the daughter rather than leave the body for the daughter to find.

Just take the evidence and look at it rationally, rather than form a conclusion first and use the evidence to explain it.

Quick Reply

Latest