The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloe xxx
FAIL. You definately dont have much of a life if your frightened of a picture of a tongue. Maybe you should enrol in some Tongueaphobia counseling sessions.

Original post by maleeha95
Who said im frightened? lol

Girls please, if you have to argue, settle it in the way mohammed would have decreed - in your pants wrestling in goats butter.
Reply 61
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Girls please, if you have to argue, settle it in the way mohammed would have decreed - in your pants wrestling in goats butter.

LOL! I've done gravy wrestling for charity at the local pub restaurant before....
LOL! I've done gravy wrestling for charity at the local pub restaurant before....

gravy?!

:rolleyes:

could you be more northern
Reply 63
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
gravy?!

:rolleyes:

could you be more northern

haha well, I am up north. I live near a very old black pudding factory. Says it all really :biggrin:
Original post by Cyanohydrin
Yeah women in Saudi Arabia are so liberated they cannot even drive a car...

Yeah they have drivers to do that for them, you JELLUYYY? I think only royalty get treated like that, where your from. I dont think the Queen of england drives her Rolls Royce around she has people to do that.
Edit: its a cultural thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
How does the DM classify this as newsworthy? The book was written by a man born over 150 years ago and it is being sold in a bookshop in Canada. The author had his own interpretation of the Quran and based on a couple of repelling lines from the book, the DM decides to give it credence as a newsworthy story. I mean, there aren’t any books authored by Jews or Christians in the last century that also contain questionable passages within them, are there? Otherwise the DM would also give them such high priority as a news story....surely?

That’s funny, because I don’t recall the DM giving extensive coverage (they just about mentioned it) to this case when it occurred http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnByMXrdvbY.
The fundamentalist Christian parents beat their adopted daughter to death on the advice of a book titled ‘To train up a child’ by Debi Pearl (who is actually still alive). With so much shocking literature out there coming from all segments of society, did the DM decide to randomly select one book and cover it or was their selection more deliberate than that? (rhetorical question :rolleyes:)

It’s also interesting to see how much coverage this ‘story’ has got on their website in relation to the murder of a Muslim woman in California, whose battered body was found with a note from the killer calling her a ‘terrorist’. But then again, giving sufficient coverage to the hateful murder of a Muslim mother of five doesn’t exactly help their agenda, does it?
Reply 66
This is completely sick. As a muslim girl, by no means and in any situation can this be justified. ended. And what sort of people publish books that support hitting women?
Original post by 7thDegOfSeparation
How does the DM classify this as newsworthy? The book was written by a man born over 150 years ago and it is being sold in a bookshop in Canada. The author had his own interpretation of the Quran and based on a couple of repelling lines from the book, the DM decides to give it credence as a newsworthy story. I mean, there aren’t any books authored by Jews or Christians in the last century that also contain questionable passages within them, are there? Otherwise the DM would also give them such high priority as a news story....surely?

That’s funny, because I don’t recall the DM giving extensive coverage (they just about mentioned it) to this case when it occurred http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnByMXrdvbY.
The fundamentalist Christian parents beat their adopted daughter to death on the advice of a book titled ‘To train up a child’ by Debi Pearl (who is actually still alive). With so much shocking literature out there coming from all segments of society, did the DM decide to randomly select one book and cover it or was their selection more deliberate than that? (rhetorical question :rolleyes:)

It’s also interesting to see how much coverage this ‘story’ has got on their website in relation to the murder of a Muslim woman in California, whose battered body was found with a note from the killer calling her a ‘terrorist’. But then again, giving sufficient coverage to the hateful murder of a Muslim mother of five doesn’t exactly help their agenda, does it?

Welcome to the juggernaut called the Western media machine. It's powerful. Selectively reporting is normal-- not giving the whole picture or offering any context is not lying or bad reporting. Omitting information is not lying.

As they say, the best propaganda is that which you don't notice. The DM bombard their readership with this stuff. If you repeat lies enough times, the people believe it. It's a basic media tactic that even Hitler knew.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
This is disgraceful.

Just because a woman is a Muslim does not suddenly make it right for her to be beaten because that's 'culture'. No one deserves to be violated, the book states 'husband's rights', what about 'wife's rights'. It's not feminism, it's just striving for a global society based on equality.
Reply 69
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Yeah they have drivers to do that for them, you JELLUYYY? I think only royalty get treated like that, where your from. I dont think the Queen of england drives her Rolls Royce around she has people to do that.
Edit: its a cultural thing.

For a country that tries so hard to preserve modesty, bit odd for their 'culture' to disallow women to drive, but still allow them to be alone in a car with a non mahram driver?

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10374
Original post by RubyShoes
For a country that tries so hard to preserve modesty, bit odd for their 'culture' to disallow women to drive, but still allow them to be alone in a car with a non mahram driver?

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/10374

As for the drivers being non mahrams: Anyone who is trustworthy can fufill the place of the mahram. People are likely to employ only who they feel are trust worthy.

Women will drive soon in Saudi Arabia.
http://video.forbes.com/fvn/forbeswoman/princess_ameerah_on_voting

Women have a very high position in islam. We have women who have fought side by side with the prophet in wars, Plenty of women scholars: no student of islamic literature not no these names of Hafsa, Umm Habiba, Maymuna, Umm Salama, and A'isha. Famous Female poets like Al Khansa, she is considered by many as the greatest Arab poetess of all times, renowned for her eloquence and outspoken courage, and she remains to this day a legend in Arabic literary annals. As said in the video, women in islam are very powerful, and by far are not suppressed.

‎{Cordoba-11th century}
Resolutely independent fine calligrapher Aa'isha bint Ahmad al-Qurtubiyya, writes scornfully after rejecting one poet's offer of marriage:
"I am a lioness, and I will never be a man's woman.
If I had to choose a mate, why should I say yes to a dog, when I'm deaf to lions?"
(Some rejection- poor man!)
(edited 12 years ago)
"The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife." [Abu Dawud]
Reply 72
And all foreign origin women are slim? LOL, we know that isnt true.

The majority of british men wouldnt get away with any of the behaviour this scholar has advised to muslims, they'd be out with a slap round the head. Mine would anyway.

I wasn't talking about body weight or body form. I was talking about how women act towards their men. Where I live, and in the places where I have lived, it isn't the men you need to watch out for, it is the women. I've seen grown men get beaten up badly by just one single woman. I've seen women walk all over men and the men just take it all in. I'm not suggesting that men should do the same. I'm just telling you how I've visually experienced it.
Reply 73
Original post by Martyn*
I wasn't talking about body weight or body form. I was talking about how women act towards their men. Where I live, and in the places where I have lived, it isn't the men you need to watch out for, it is the women. I've seen grown men get beaten up badly by just one single woman. I've seen women walk all over men and the men just take it all in. I'm not suggesting that men should do the same. I'm just telling you how I've visually experienced it.

Lol, do you live in the local **** holes pub?

Thats the only time and place you'll see things like that happening, but yes some british women are brutal and like men. So are some muslim women though.

Once in centre of Rochdale, a muslim man was pulled up in a car arguing with another out the window. The guy got out and they started punching eachother. The muslim WOMAN (she was old and wearing hiijab and had a walking stick btw!) started beating the guy from car relentlessly round the head with her stick shouting all sort of profanitites. Must have been a family mishap. She was going mental though, right slap bang infront of many people in town centre. So, I think its safe to say all women can go mad. Not to mention the muslim woman in the house opposite to mine I saw through window beating her daughter with a garden cane when I lived in Haslingden.
Reply 74
Original post by MarshmallowBob
As for the drivers being non mahrams: Anyone who is trustworthy can fufill the place of the mahram. People are likely to employ only who they feel are trust worthy.

Thats a little bit of a lie isnt it? A woman isnt allowed to be alone with a man of whom is it legal for her to marry. Her only mahrams can be people like her father or her brother. You cant just hire someone who you think is 'trustworthy' to take on that role because they are still an unrelated male being alone in a car with a woman.

http://www.islamicinformation.net/2008/07/mahram-in-islam-explained.html

Latest

Trending

Trending