The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Zhin
I'm applying to costume store as my top choice, then manna ash, then don gratton :smile:

are u depending on your own money?
i really wanna apply for the costume store...but with 8300?or whatever it is...and 80 a month for travel....i don't know how i'll manage :s
Reply 401
Original post by msmith182
i really wanna apply for the costume store...but with 8300?or whatever it is...and 80 a month for travel....i don't know how i'll manage :s

It is stupidly expensive! Then food/drink on top, my bank balance is going to hate me no matter where I go!
Also does anyone know the price of a normal room in Manna Ash?x
Reply 402
Original post by mollymoo
It is stupidly expensive! Then food/drink on top, my bank balance is going to hate me no matter where I go!
Also does anyone know the price of a normal room in Manna Ash?x

:frown: i think im quite good at budgeting...pasta and tesco value tinned tomatos for life! :smile: lol
and theres a document on housin service page on the ual website
but luckily....don gratton,manna ash and will whyatt are all 7300 for the yr....173 a week that works out at....for 42 week contract :smile:
so costume store is cheaper...but no one can really afford a 51 week contract...and it's kind of pointless to be fair :biggrin: hope this helped (Y)
Reply 404

I'm eligible for the most amount of maintenence loan and grant, I'm hoping to get a job before summer starts too.
Seeing as Lime Grove is so close I'll be able to walk there - I know I'll be going to other places too, but that should considerably reduce the amount of money for travel I use :smile:
Reply 405
Original post by Zhin
I'm eligible for the most amount of maintenence loan and grant, I'm hoping to get a job before summer starts too.
Seeing as Lime Grove is so close I'll be able to walk there - I know I'll be going to other places too, but that should considerably reduce the amount of money for travel I use :smile:

oh i see!so u won't be buying any travel cards or anything?yeh that makes it far more managable :smile:
hmm...my loans pretty big but i still don't think i'll manage it
plus walking?will take a while wouldn't it...cause it says 5 mins walk to the station ?then 10 mins on the tube?so would it be like 3o min walk? :s with lots of stuff?
although i guess the tube is just as bad?
Reply 406
I will be buying travel cards and stuff but it's highly unlikely I'll be using it for uni but more for going out as I'm so used to carrying a portfolio everyday lol. Also Seeing as I'll be studying Fashion Illustration I highly doubt I'll be carrying bulky stuff, but your course if I remember is Prosthetisc and Make-up?
I know the area very well becuase of the market, so to me it doesn't take that long... If I were to explain it, it's like Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square, very close but they have stations between them?
The walking distance is approx. the same to when I would walk to my high school and that took no longer than 50 minutes on a very, very lazy day.
My experience using the Hammersmith and City line is that it's quite slow or can just stop at the station for ages. It would be best to use the Central line if you are going to use the tube at all and get off at White City and then walk it c:
It sounds like I'm trying to put you off!
Reply 407
lol nah dw...im just going to get travel cards and live a bit further out :smile:
nah im doing fashion textiles./..i'd be useless as make-up...i don't even use it much myself :s-smilie: x
Original post by IBryson
Hey, none of the people I have spoken to have received an ID number, I have accepted my offer and I dont even have one yet, i might ring up soon as we need it to apply to halls. Hope this helps :smile:

Heyyy I got my ID code of emails I had received from LCF inviting for interviews :smile: xxxxx
Reply 409
Original post by ruthsarah94
Heyyy I got my ID code of emails I had received from LCF inviting for interviews :smile: xxxxx

Hi everyone! Is anyone here entering FdA Fashion Buying And Merchandising?
I'm thinking of applying for the new Camberwell Campus, anyone else too? This will be my first time in the Uk though, im so psyched :]
Reply 411
this may be a dumb question but can i apply for accomodation now?
Original post by razero
this may be a dumb question but can i apply for accomodation now?

Nopee, not til April 2nd :smile:
Reply 413
Original post by alanakennedy
Nopee, not til April 2nd :smile:

thanks
Reply 414
Hello, everyone, i just got the offer of MA Fashion Marketing of LCF, yesterday. is there anyone else who gonna take the same course? BTW, which hall will u choose? I have 3 options: Will Wyatt Court, Manna Ash House, and Don Gratton House. Which one is better? Could u pls give me some suggestion?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi everyone, I'm going to study the BA Cordwainers Fashion Accessories, I've been looking on here and can't seem to find if anyone else will be studying this course, So is anyone going to study Fashion Accessories? :smile:
Reply 416
Hey, accepted my conditional offer for FDA Photography and styling, anyone else doing this course? :smile:
Reply 417
Original post by Sarah1288
Hello, everyone, i just got the offer of MA Fashion Marketing of LCF, yesterday. is there anyone else who gonna take the same course? BTW, which hall will u choose? I have 3 options: Will Wyatt Court, Manna Ash House, and Don Gratton House. Which one is better? Could u pls give me some suggestion?

Hi im doing fashion textiles at lcf :smile: will your campus be line grove??im puting down those 3 halls too :smile: its gd that their the same price...so which ever we get put into..it wont have an impimpact on the price of living :smile: will whyatt looks so nice also i been google maping and they all seem yo have some gd clubs and bars closeish by...i wsd set on manna adh at cirst but no so fussed now :smile: sorry for long esssay
Hi im doing fashion textiles at lcf :smile: will your campus be line grove??im puting down those 3 halls too :smile: its gd that their the same price...so which ever we get put into..it wont have an impimpact on the price of living :smile: will whyatt looks so nice also i been google maping and they all seem yo have some gd clubs and bars closeish by...i wsd set on manna adh at cirst but no so fussed now :smile: sorry for long esssay

i'll be at lime grove and applying for those three toooo :smile:
Original post by IBryson
Hey im going to high holborn too, ive accepted an offer for fashion marketing and promotion, what course are you doing? Ive been trying to work out which accomodation is the quickest to Holborn and i think manna ash is about the closest but it also depends the area you want to live in :smile:

i've been talking to my friends sister who is in her third year now i think, in fashion management, which is the course i have an offer for, and she didnt live in halls, but said her friend was at Manna Ash, but said the halls in north london were much nicer inside but hers was nice and better location. i'm more concerned about living in a better location, and want a good nightlife etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest