The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 chem5 19th june 2012

You might think unit 5 has only 6 chapters but there are lots of stuff to learn, lets start revising as early as we could, feel free to ask questions and i'll post recent past papers once i have them :smile:

This site is too good for past papers --> http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/

CHEMISTRY TUITION Available from £9.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_habib
You might think unit 5 has only 6 chapters but there are lots of stuff to learn, lets start revising as early as we could, feel free to ask questions and i'll post recent past papers once i have them :smile:

Dude!

It's barely been 4 days since the Unit 4 exam!

We haven't even started Unit 5 yet!

Our teacher couldn't be bothered to start teaching Unit 5 on last Friday, so we just watched Tennis for an hour and a bit!
Reply 2
How is studying going for everyone?? I have not started learning yet for either module. What is chem 4 and chem 5 like?
Reply 3
Original post by izzo
How is studying going for everyone?? I have not started learning yet for either module. What is chem 4 and chem 5 like?

not bad with studies,chem 4/ 5 is not bad as long as you understand whats going on then you should be fine, are you AS student?
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod
Dude!

It's barely been 4 days since the Unit 4 exam!

We haven't even started Unit 5 yet!

Our teacher couldn't be bothered to start teaching Unit 5 on last Friday, so we just watched Tennis for an hour and a bit!

I hope you have covered a few chapters by now.
I hope you have covered a few chapters by now.

:yep:

We've covered Redox equilibria / Electrode potentials, and are on our way to finishing off Thermodynamics (on Gibbs atm) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by masterhr1
Do you think its possible for me to start learning CHEM5 now and still get an A?

Of course, there is time to get even A*, as long as you put your head down and start cracking, if you find a difficult topic feel free to post questions or ask me personally.
Reply 7
not bad with studies,chem 4/ 5 is not bad as long as you understand whats going on then you should be fine, are you AS student?

Yeah I am an AS student, trying to compelete both A-level Biology and Chemistry in one year as a private candidate, I still have not begun any work for Chem 4 or Chem 5 yet as i've been busy with the practicals :biggrin:D I have entered myself for both of them in June, its going to be a tough slog for the next few weeks, I need A*'s to get in to medical school so thats inspiration for anyone who believes there is not enough time and your not alone :biggrin:DD
Reply 8
Does anyone have jan 2012 aqa paper for unit 5,plz???
I couldn't find it on any website:frown:(
Thank you very much:h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
how is everyone getting on for this last unit?
Reply 10
How many of you guys are resitting CHEM4? :smile:

PS I did CHEM5 in January and it was a rush to finish the questions, so be preped for rushing the exam papers! Even people with extra time were still pushing their luck :worried:.

I am see you'll all be fine, there's a AQA CHEM4 thread btw, if you need any questions answered I can try my best to help. Just PM me or hit me up on the CHEM4 thread. I am like a ninja on there :colone:

:ninja: Happy learning :smile:
Reply 11
Hey,
How is everyone finding it best to revise this unit? as there is alot more content than the other units, at the moment i am not finding it particularly difficult there is just lots to remember. I am aiming for a C, if anyone has a tips or adivice i would be most gratefull :smile:
Thanks and happy revising
does anyone know what ums total we need to get an a for our overall a-level grade?

480/600 ums = a
Reply 13
Does anyone know what UMS total we need to get an A for our overall A-Level grade?

An A is 480/600 UMS :smile:
Reply 14
anyone know where to get the jan 2012 paper for chem4/5?
Original post by kookyuke
anyone know where to get the jan 2012 paper for chem4/5?

Here's CHEM4.

Don't think there is a CHEM5 in January; only in June.
Reply 16
Original post by thegodofgod
Here's CHEM4.

Don't think there is a CHEM5 in January; only in June.

Thanks for the chem 4 you;re a life saver :smile:

and there was a CHEM5 in jan i just found it:
Original post by kookyuke
Thanks for the chem 4 you;re a life saver :smile:

and there was a CHEM5 in jan i just found it:

Wow - thanks! :biggrin:

Do you happen to have the mark scheme for this one? :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by izzo
Yeah I am an AS student, trying to compelete both A-level Biology and Chemistry in one year as a private candidate, I still have not begun any work for Chem 4 or Chem 5 yet as i've been busy with the practicals :biggrin:D I have entered myself for both of them in June, its going to be a tough slog for the next few weeks, I need A*'s to get in to medical school so thats inspiration for anyone who believes there is not enough time and your not alone :biggrin:DD

there is chemistry tuition if you need any help or support for only £9 per class.
Reply 19
Ah, CHEM5...

I love the way it lulls you into a false sense of security with the few chapters.

Starting to remember the colours and formula of the TM complex ions though.

We've got Period 3 to go yet but that's our final chapter... everything else is just solid revision until the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending