The Student Room Group

deferred entry applicants 2013

hi

im applying deferred entry for medicine in october and was wondering if there was anyone else doing the same
Reply 1
On the same boat here!

My country has something called National Service, conscription of sorts, so males have to serve 2 years in the military etc. Im currently an EMT with the Civil Defense so at least I get some medical exposure during these 2 gap years.

Yourself?
Yep. Doing national service as well and deferred as well. I think this will become a new kopitiam thread for medics.
Reply 3
which country are u from?
Reply 4
which universities are u goinf to apply to
Reply 5
anyone
Reply 6
Singapore, Entering St. George's in 2013!
Reply 7
might be not sure yet
Reply 8
Why hello fellow NSFs, I have 11 more months to go before I get my freedom back lol.

Related to the topic, you guys done your IELTS yet? Or are you guys exempted from it? Both Glasgow and Newcastle need me to take the IELTS, taking it on May 26th. Still deciding between the two, leaning towards Glasgow but Newcastle has its perks too. Oh the dilemma.

Original post by yoyo1994
hi

im applying deferred entry for medicine in october and was wondering if there was anyone else doing the same

Your title is a little misleading, I think you mean 2014 deferred entry if you're applying in October this year.
Reply 9
Original post by AishaTara
might be not sure yet

which unis r u going to apply to??
Reply 10
Is it harder to get in deferred?
which unis r u going to apply to??

well tbh i might just apply in my gap year, because for me the whole purpose of the gap year would be so that I dont have to deal with ucas stress and a2 etc and if I got rejections during yr 13 it would really demotivate me.
Reply 12
Original post by AishaTara
well tbh i might just apply in my gap year, because for me the whole purpose of the gap year would be so that I dont have to deal with ucas stress and a2 etc and if I got rejections during yr 13 it would really demotivate me.

i can understanf whar u mean. u need to do well in ur alevel at first attempt.
the reason im applying deferred is cuz i have to finish memorising the quran before uni.
i can understanf whar u mean. u need to do well in ur alevel at first attempt.
the reason im applying deferred is cuz i have to finish memorising the quran before uni.

hey,
basically I mean I want to apply to university with my grades, but I'll see. If I get what I'm predicted for AS, I might apply this year, but the problem is I'm doing a hospital based research project, 2 medical summer schools and its ramadaan so I doubt I'll have enough time to do my ukcat and personal statement to the best of my ability
Good luck with memorising the entire Quran

Quick Reply