The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catie25
sachinisgod:

sorry that you were unsuccessful but so close! It helps if your're going to reapply though!

hmm yh quite close but still dont know what was my weakest point. Not gonna reapply. Thinking of trying for a europe med school. Ill see how that turns out.
Reply 3001
Original post by GabbiWS
i'm still waiting, BM5 Gap yearer but wondering how old you have to be to be classed at "mature"

BM5 mature student 25 yr old - still waiting too! I would have said 'mature' is anyone over 23, but as previous posts suggest it looks like anyone 21 or over who has achieved (already finished) A2 levels......... Who knows??? It is just a guessing game. Good luck to all still waiting.
Reply 3002
Original post by sachinisgod
im 20, will turn 21 in the summer. Maybe it makes sense coz ill be 21 when the course starts.

oh right yeah that makes sense!
sorry to hear about the rejection, do you have any remaining options?
Original post by GabbiWS
oh right yeah that makes sense!
sorry to hear about the rejection, do you have any remaining options?

aww :smile: ive got a pharmacy offer and im also looking at european med school possibly.
Reply 3004
hmm yh quite close but still dont know what was my weakest point. Not gonna reapply. Thinking of trying for a europe med school. Ill see how that turns out.

good luck! If I don't get in this year (still waiting to hear from 2 choices) I think I'll try applying in Europe/ abroad
Reply 3005
Good to have more people around today on the Soton thread - it's been too quiet the last few days.
Reply 3006
its strange thinking that we will all know by the end of the week after months of waiting, especially since its my last chance this year.

I wish they would just hurry up so i could enjoy my week of work :s-smilie:
Reply 3007
Original post by Swind
its strange thinking that we will all know by the end of the week after months of waiting, especially since its my last chance this year.

I wish they would just hurry up so i could enjoy my week of work :s-smilie:

I know exactly what you mean, I have Southampton and Liverpool left and I just want to know :/ it has been quiet on the offers front recently, hopefully there will be a rush of them soon!
Reply 3008
But it doesnt look like today's the day does it? Anyone heard anything? Anyone still out there?:frown:
Reply 3009
Original post by fuzzycat
But it doesnt look like today's the day does it? Anyone heard anything? Anyone still out there?:frown:

Yeah.....still waiting.:frown:
Reply 3010
Just got some detailed feedback from them, Was a bit surprised that they said they treated my application as a mature non grad(wasnt expecting that coz im still under 21). So i would have beeen interviewed. U needed 28( out of; i dont know) and i got 26. Pretty close :tongue:

Do you mind me asking how did you request the feedback? Was it by email or post? I sent them an e-mail and got a reply similar to the standard letter sent to everyone and nothing specific about my application.
Thanks
aww :smile: ive got a pharmacy offer and im also looking at european med school possibly.

yeah i also been rejected from all 4 medical schools and dont know whether to take my cardiff pharmacy offer or do a gap year
Original post by Aysha92
Do you mind me asking how did you request the feedback? Was it by email or post? I sent them an e-mail and got a reply similar to the standard letter sent to everyone and nothing specific about my application.
Thanks

I emailed them again stressing thet i NEED to know how i was marked. I got 2 standard emails but the third was more detailed.
Reply 3013
I emailed them again stressing thet i NEED to know how i was marked. I got 2 standard emails but the third was more detailed.

Oh ok thanks for that. I'll email them again and hopefully they'll be more specific this time round.
Reply 3014
Any bm5 school leaver applicants still left to hear ? Or have they just forgotten me!
Original post by bolley
Any bm5 school leaver applicants still left to hear ? Or have they just forgotten me!

me :P but they keep on saying we'll all know by the end of the week :eek:
Reply 3016

Hey, I am sure there are a fair few of us out there!

So do they post offers any time they feel like it or do they have a trend?? because they seem to like Fridays don't they?
Reply 3017
Original post by catie25
Hey, I am sure there are a fair few of us out there!

So do they post offers any time they feel like it or do they have a trend?? because they seem to like Fridays don't they?

I seem to remember seeing some news of offers on Tuesdays and Thursdays too. I think it's really just when they've got through a pile of applications and I suppose that could be any day really. It is so hard waiting though isn't it:frown:
I seem to remember seeing some news of offers on Tuesdays and Thursdays too. I think it's really just when they've got through a pile of applications and I suppose that could be any day really. It is so hard waiting though isn't it:frown:

Most unlikely going to be tomorrow since there is a grads offer day. Hopefully Wednesday :rolleyes:

alright guys just wondering if i should set up a mature bm5 thread or facebook group as im thinking of housing for next year or wondering who is going into what halls...dont know if this thread already exists... and fingers xd for all you waiting on offers x

let me know!!

RsM

Quick Reply