The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by zai1234
Rejection.....BUT AN OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL HAS MADE ME HAPPY!!

Congratulations on your offer from Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 1601
I've just got an offer through from Glasgow. I'm so confused as to where to go. It's between Aberdeen and Glasgow. I'd much rather stay in Glasgow (everyone I know is there) but then I'd prefer the course at Aberdeen. This is gonna be a difficult decision.
(edited 12 years ago)
COME ON ABERDEEN!!! Just reject me already so I can confirm my other offer.
Original post by Thanatos833
I wonder when I will get my rejection w/o interview, the guys at Aberdeen really like to drag it out. :frown:

i definitely know that feeling..im in that situation too...
Ach, no worries! My mate got her rejection, without an interview today too! They left it pretty late though :s-smilie: ohh well!! Hope you guys get your other offers, and for those who got this one, congrats and best of luck :biggrin:
Has anyone on here applied for deferred entry for September 2013? Would that affect the date by which they would make an offer or reject me?
Well done to all those who have received offers this week!! :smile:

I have heard nada from Aberdeen as of yet regarding the status of my application. I'm guessing my rejection will be coming along sometime this week. I understand that they are inundated with applications, but it is so cruel how long they have left certain applicants waiting in the lurch. I'd rather be rejected much earlier if they had no intention of ever interviewing me.
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Aberdeen will sort your disclosure (CRB), you will get forms eventually. They will also sort out your Hep B once you start the course so there is no need to worry :smile:

As for accommodation, I would recommend self catered at New Carnegie (pricey but by far the most popular halls amongst medics), South House or Crombie if catered is a must.

Thank you!! :smile: I've seen you other posts, you give so much helpful info. You should ask to get paid for it))
I am first kid in a family to go to uni so clueless in some areas))

Love the look of New Carnegie)) Would you mind if I pm you sometime after my exams are over because I know absolutely nothing about Aberdeen (we even managed to get lost on the way to my interview so we missed the tour)?))
Thanks again!):smile:
Original post by Annie2129
Thank you!! :smile: I've seen you other posts, you give so much helpful info. You should ask to get paid for it))
I am first kid in a family to go to uni so clueless in some areas))

Love the look of New Carnegie)) Would you mind if I pm you sometime after my exams are over because I know absolutely nothing about Aberdeen (we even managed to get lost on the way to my interview so we missed the tour)?))
Thanks again!):smile:

I really should get paid shouldn't I? :tongue:

Feel free, they do seem have a phobia of road signs in Aberdeen :smile:
Reply 1611
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I really should get paid shouldn't I? :tongue:

Feel free, they do seem have a phobia of road signs in Aberdeen :smile:

Lol, I'd owe you a fortune if you charged :tongue:
Withdrew from Aberdeen as I got an offer from Glasgow :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by .eXe
Lol, I'd owe you a fortune if you charged :tongue:

I'll take a cheque :tongue:
Reply 1614
Original post by seocor935

Can anyone join this? :smile: (obvs anyone holding an offer- bit awkward otherwise)
Reply 1615
Original post by KateR94
Can anyone join this? :smile: (obvs anyone holding an offer- bit awkward otherwise)

Soon very soon... :biggrin: well hopefully anyway :tongue:
I have tried to join it but says I need someone to accept me!
Reply 1617
Original post by Harbour Seal
Withdrew from Aberdeen as I got an offer from Glasgow :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Harbour,

Did you get a conditional from glasgow If so is it to get a distinction on the course, I'm applying for the course this year.
Reply 1618
Original post by beanbag123
I have tried to join it but says I need someone to accept me!

Sames, wasn't sure if it was only for regular studentroomates...
Reply 1619
Hi everyone, Got a conditional offer from Aberdeen yesterday at 10:15! :biggrin: I was so elated as it was my only hope....the medicine application process has been such an emotional assault for me and I'm sure everyone else! meant to do this earlier but kinda forgot due to excitement! I've just firmed the offer, so it looks like I'm moving to Scotland if I get the grades! Thought I shouls show my face around this forum since I'm most probably going to be meeting some of you in September. :redface: And best of luck to everyone still waiting- I know how it feels- remember it's not over till its over- while there is still hope, cling to it!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending