The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

accommodation help! 2012

hello, ive firmed ntu and now deciding on the accommodation bit, but i cant decide between, Blenheim, Gill street, Simpson and Sandby. i know gill streets expensive but do you get what your paying for? anyone at these accommodations that can shed some light? :smile:
Reply 1
Apologies in advance as this will only complicate things but someone told me a while ago on here about a place called goldsmith court :biggrin:. It's private accommodation but geared towards university students and supposedly quite popular. It's a bit less than gill street but just as nice (if not nicer?)... Sorry to confuse, i'm in exactly the same situation at the moment, no idea which accommodation to book, i just want to be at social/party central really :smile:...
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ShadHaque
hello, ive firmed ntu and now deciding on the accommodation bit, but i cant decide between, Blenheim, Gill street, Simpson and Sandby. i know gill streets expensive but do you get what your paying for? anyone at these accommodations that can shed some light? :smile:

Gill Street is overpriced in my opinion. I live in Norton court, which is pretty much exactly the same as Gill Street just a 15-20 minute walk from town. All halls are pretty much the same at the end of the day. But I would suggest looking at private accommodation as well, like Goldsmiths & IQ Exchange. They're all student flats and really nice as well.
When it comes to booking the accommodation it's ridiculously hard to get your first choices anyway! You'll have a good time wherever you end up if you make the most of it so don't feel too gutted if you don't get your first choice!
Reply 3
Original post by MikeB
Apologies in advance as this will only complicate things but someone told me a while ago on here about a place called goldsmith court :biggrin:. It's private accommodation but geared towards university students and supposedly quite popular. It's a bit less than gill street but just as nice (if not nicer?)... Sorry to confuse, i'm in exactly the same situation at the moment, no idea which accommodation to book, i just want to be at social/party central really :smile:...

yerh, thanks for adding another place to the ever growing list! haha
Reply 4
Original post by molleh
Gill Street is overpriced in my opinion. I live in Norton court, which is pretty much exactly the same as Gill Street just a 15-20 minute walk from town. All halls are pretty much the same at the end of the day. But I would suggest looking at private accommodation as well, like Goldsmiths & IQ Exchange. They're all student flats and really nice as well.
When it comes to booking the accommodation it's ridiculously hard to get your first choices anyway! You'll have a good time wherever you end up if you make the most of it so don't feel too gutted if you don't get your first choice!

yerh, thanks for the info, but i would really like my own bathroom so guess norton isnt the place for me. might have a look at some private accommodation now

I was thinking about Sandby, it looks pretty nice and good value for money. I wanted one pretty close to the uni too as I'm really bad at directions! I get lost everywhere lol. :smile:
Reply 6

Hi im at gill street. Its quite a expensive place for what you get and i would suggest goldsmiths or glasshouse. Goldsmiths in particular. If you go to gill street and then you see goldsmiths with their tv's paying less :P bit of a kick in the face. Gill street is good though. They en-suites are more like a wet room, at Simpsons you get a cubicle shower which is better. It makes a difference honestly. The rooms at gill street are nice. And the kitchens are quite nice :smile: it all depends on the people rather than the flat really :smile:
Reply 7
Sorry to be a pain guys, but can someone tell me when booking the accommodation begins and when do we get our NTU number?

Cheers in advance! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Swell
Sorry to be a pain guys, but can someone tell me when booking the accommodation begins and when do we get our NTU number?

Not sure when NTU ID's come out but unconditional offer holders can book from 16th April to 27th April and conditional holders can book from 14th May, hope this helps!!
Reply 9
Original post by MikeB
Not sure when NTU ID's come out but unconditional offer holders can book from 16th April to 27th April and conditional holders can book from 14th May, hope this helps!!

Thanks mate, appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 10
yerh, thanks for the info, but i would really like my own bathroom so guess norton isnt the place for me. might have a look at some private accommodation now

Norton has ensuite, just so you know
Reply 11
Original post by Swell

well i got mine in an email yesterday so i should think everyone should be getting them soon! bit pointless having it seeing as you cant book accommodation till the 14th may tho
Original post by MikeB

I want to be in a hall that is social as well. My course is situated on clifton but I want to live on city or private halls. Goldsmith and IQ are really nice. I want to be on a hall with freshers.
Reply 13
Hi Guys, on a 'Gap Yah' atm, what's the best accommodation near the city campus, ideally suited for a good social/work balance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending