The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zurvan
Trust me when I say it happens to all of us. :console:

Best thing you can do after a losing streak is just shrug it off (taking into account mistakes that you can take upon board for future cases to amend) and stop playing for the day to take your mind off all these negative thoughts.

Yeah I guess.. It's been three days straight now though.

Guess the longer the losing streak, the longer the following win streak, right! :redface:
I think I shall buy and learn GP next.
Did a 1v1 as Urgot yesterday, and as my first game with urgot and first 1v1 ever I think a 5/4 score wasn't that bad! The other guy won though, but my GOD is urgot powerful. I'm now stuck between him and Vayne for buying next, and whoever I choose, I will probably learn to AD Carry with.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1083
Original post by paddy__power
I think I shall buy and learn GP next.

Good idea! He is my best champion. On my main (gold ELO) I have 8 wins, 1 loss with GP, playing as both solo top and jungle. If you want any tips let me know :h: BUILD HIM TANKY!!

Original post by Quornslice
Did a 1v1 as Urgot yesterday, and as my first game with urgot and first 1v1 ever I think a 5/4 score wasn't that bad! The other guy won though, but my got is urgot powerful. I'm now stuck between him and Vayne for buying next, and whoever I choose, I will probably learn to AD Carry with.

If you want a "true" AD carry, buy Vayne! Urgot is a bit different becaue he's very good early on but doesn't do much damage late game (relative to Ashe, Vayne, etc), and people normally build him quite tanky due to his ult. People normally build manamune and frozen heart, that sort of thing, on Urgot.
Original post by M_E_X
If you want a "true" AD carry, buy Vayne! Urgot is a bit different becaue he's very good early on but doesn't do much damage late game (relative to Ashe, Vayne, etc), and people normally build him quite tanky due to his ult. People normally build manamune and frozen heart, that sort of thing, on Urgot.

Thats why I was stuck. Urgot is great for facerolling if you get a couple of early kills, but if you get stomped early game, it's pretty hard to come back as him. I love vayne too, and though it's harder to start off early game, she can destroy late game, because under a full item build she is amazing! I think I will get vayne with RP, then save my IP for urgot, because he's only 3150 whereas vayne is 6300.
Original post by M_E_X
Good idea! He is my best champion. On my main (gold ELO) I have 8 wins, 1 loss with GP, playing as both solo top and jungle. If you want any tips let me know :h: BUILD HIM TANKY!!

I find him weak early on in the jungle with a slow clear time which means I can't gank much at all. How do you tend to build him in lane and in jungle? I go wriggles > Boots > Trin Force > then it depends
Reply 1086
Original post by paddy__power
I find him weak early on in the jungle with a slow clear time which means I can't gank much at all. How do you tend to build him in lane and in jungle? I go wriggles > Boots > Trin Force > then it depends

I'd almost always build fr mallet or warmogs instead of triforce!

In the jungle I'd build at least one gp5 on him. You can gank at level 2 as you have a slow from your Q and autoattacks, and a speedboost for your allies with E.

Crucial point: He's a slow jungler which should mean more ganks (as less time spent trying to farm), not less ganks! If you have a slow jungler then play him as a ganker, not a farmer. That's really important!
Original post by M_E_X
I'd almost always build fr mallet or warmogs instead of triforce!

In the jungle I'd build at least one gp5 on him. You can gank at level 2 as you have a slow from your Q and autoattacks, and a speedboost for your allies with E.

Crucial point: He's a slow jungler which should mean more ganks (as less time spent trying to farm), not less ganks! If you have a slow jungler then play him as a ganker, not a farmer. That's really important!

I guess I will have to get used to the different style then as I'm used to farming until ult and then looking for ganks.

I have to admit I prefer the fast junglers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ugh, ELO Hell. -.- Just had an AD kennen who didn't know how to play AD Kennen, Mid lane Anivia who was actually good, and a Jungle Lee and Fiora who fed their top-lane Garen. -.- I got 0/3/9 on Soraka, was constantly warding and healing, so not my fault we lost that one -.-
Reply 1089
Ugh, ELO Hell. -.- Just had an AD kennen who didn't know how to play AD Kennen, Mid lane Anivia who was actually good, and a Jungle Lee and Fiora who fed their top-lane Garen. -.- I got 0/3/9 on Soraka, was constantly warding and healing, so not my fault we lost that one -.-

Need to pick a better support to carry with. :biggrin:

Janna, Alistar & Lulu are supports who are consistently good with strong synergy with some AD range carries (Alistar/Vayne for instance). Having a prominent presence in team-fights be it mid-game Dragon fight or late-game Baron contest is important in order to carry as support.

Don't get me wrong, Soraka is a good pick in certain cases with a lengthy silence that is severely underrated and causes a diminishing effect on these who combo oriented (Ryze, Anivia, Malzahar etc). Along with powerhouse heals needless to say. Just difficult to carry games with her as she makes the laning phase a lot more passive (meaning your even more reliant on the AD carry not being incompetent in csing) and hard to score kills.
Original post by Zurvan
Need to pick a better support to carry with. :biggrin:

Janna, Alistar & Lulu are supports who are consistently good with strong synergy with some AD range carries (Alistar/Vayne for instance). Having a prominent presence in team-fights be it mid-game Dragon fight or late-game Baron contest is important in order to carry as support.

Don't get me wrong, Soraka is a good pick in certain cases with a lengthy silence that is severely underrated and causes a diminishing effect on these who combo oriented (Ryze, Anivia, Malzahar etc). Along with powerhouse heals needless to say. Just difficult to carry games with her as she makes the laning phase a lot more passive (meaning your even more reliant on the AD carry not being incompetent in csing) and hard to score kills.

Well i'm a Jungle Xin by heart, so i don't have that wide a range of supports I can play. I can Soraka and Taric pretty effectively, but that's pretty much it.
Apart from League of Legends, what other video games does everyone like?
None, really. Not much of a gamer. I do play Fifa with mates a lot though.
Was just raged at for farming when team fights were happening on the other side of the map. :facepalm2:
My ELO is exactly 850 now, so hopefully I can drag it up further with the help of one of my friends who i've been duo bot laning with. Soraka Sivir is such a pokey combo it's unreal. I don't honestly get why more people don't play sivir.
Reply 1095
Did a 1v1 as Urgot yesterday, and as my first game with urgot and first 1v1 ever I think a 5/4 score wasn't that bad! The other guy won though, but my GOD is urgot powerful. I'm now stuck between him and Vayne for buying next, and whoever I choose, I will probably learn to AD Carry with.

You'd better believe that I won.

I beat him with Kassidin, which I am probably going to get. But is it worth getting him over say...Wukong?
Original post by Virulus

I beat him with Kassidin, which I am probably going to get. But is it worth getting him over say...Wukong?

Kassadin is always banned....
Original post by Virulus

He has a point - you even saw that over the past few Duo Q's we did - 4 standard bans were Shaco Rammus Morg and Kass.
Original post by carehow
Apart from League of Legends, what other video games does everyone like?

Recently I've only been playing LoL, CS: Source and Assassin's Creed series.
He has a point - you even saw that over the past few Duo Q's we did - 4 standard bans were Shaco Rammus Morg and Kass.

Always, and often Irelia.

I personally ban Shen as he is always a problem with his ult.

Quick Reply

Latest