The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Good luck!
Reply 2021
Original post by rach2012
I agree with your general meaning that diversity comes in many shapes and forms but I think if you answered the interviewers question by saying that you have experience with lots of people who are left handed he/she may not be too impressed :biggrin:
Gotcha.
Or even "some of my best friends have tongue studs".

But for those people who may struggle with the diversity/equal opps area of interviews, I'd say:

Because the point is to show you are aware of the differences that exist among individuals, even the lefthanded example may impress if you show that you are conscious that in your environment, where all the eqpt is for right handed people that you made adaptations such as rearranging the phone and pc mouse to their convenince. Or for someone with a stutter, that you allowed for submissions to be in writing as well as orally, in xxx type of situation.
Original post by Stomm
Ok, got an hour to shower, walk there and hopefully turn some paperclips into cuff links... Typically I left mine at home despite checking my bag umpteen times. So lesson learnt, write a packing list well in advance...

Good luck! Least you shouldn't have to wait long for results either!
Original post by Stomm
Ok, got an hour to shower, walk there and hopefully turn some paperclips into cuff links... Typically I left mine at home despite checking my bag umpteen times. So lesson learnt, write a packing list well in advance...

Good Luck hope it goes well today!!
Reply 2024
Just found out I've been placed in the Department of Transport already! Very surprised at how quick that has been

Everything's successful apart from Current Employment Reference, having to chase that up...
Reply 2025
Original post by Stomm

Hope it goes well for you mate
Reply 2026
Original post by TomDixie
Just found out I've been placed in the Department of Transport already! Very surprised at how quick that has been

Everything's successful apart from Current Employment Reference, having to chase that up...

wow that IS quick. did they give an indication of when you'll be starting?
Reply 2027
Original post by lm222
wow that IS quick. did they give an indication of when you'll be starting?

Yeah, very surprised. I was settling myself in for a long wait.

They've just said that their HR person will shortly be in touch to discuss possible postings within the department and to arrange a meeting
Personally, I think I'd be more anxious to know where I was going to be living than whom I was going to be working for, are you looking to live in London or stay up here?

What scheme are you successful for? I have been assigned to DWP for HR i was surprised to find out so soon. Hopefully looking for a North West posting.
Reply 2030
Original post by richardp2020
Personally, I think I'd be more anxious to know where I was going to be living than whom I was going to be working for, are you looking to live in London or stay up here?

London, 99% I'll be heading down there too

Original post by shellybean01
What scheme are you successful for? I have been assigned to DWP for HR i was surprised to find out so soon. Hopefully looking for a North West posting.

Graduate Scheme
A big good luck to everyone still waiting to find out if they are through! I guess it won't be too much longer now!

Is anyone still waiting on NI fast stream results? I'm still awaiting results having attended FSAC in early March. Not quite sure what that means but not holding out much hope given the small number of places for this stream!
Reply 2032

Congrats! Must be very exciting for you all who know your department :smile:
London, 99% I'll be heading down there too

Leaving the North East would be a pain for me, but I'm leaning the same way if I get through. Especially with the National Pay Scheme proposed to be ending, it's going to be financially equivalent wherever you work, so I'd rather go to the place with the best career prospects and least chance of having to move again.
(edited 12 years ago)

Congratz, I was wondering what your FSAC score is?

Cheers,
JL
Reply 2035
Original post by Johnny Luk
Congratz, I was wondering what your FSAC score is?

Cheers,
JL

I found out I'd passed on the 6th March
Leaving the North East would be a pain for me, but I'm leaning the same way if I get through. Especially with the National Pay Scheme proposed to be ending, it's going to be financially equivalent wherever you work, so I'd rather go to the place with the best career prospects and least chance of having to move again.

Where abouts in north east are you? I'm in ne and hoping to stay really if I'm lucky enough to get through that is! Too many ties here to go too far away (kids etc). I'd look at Yorkshire, but there's no way I could do humberside!!! Just hoping it won't prove troublesome should I get the chance of a position
Reply 2037
Hope it goes well for you mate

Cheers, and had a damn good drink afterwards, so much so that I decided to get a cab home... £70 lighter in the wallet and stopping off for another pint locally with a mate I can confidently say its been a good day regardless of whatever the end result of the assessment centre itself may be.

Strange as it may seem, I really enjoyed myself today. If anything I actually look forward to repeating it next year, or if I have passed then maybe every Friday at least...

And if I have to try for the third time, I'd be happy to tell my stories of 'my week of five' or the time I reversed over a tree in a Warrior APC to anyone that will listen in the pub afterwards... :wink:

Time to join the ranks of the perpetual refreshers, albeit for hopefully just a day or two...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by F6053721
Where abouts in north east are you? I'm in ne and hoping to stay really if I'm lucky enough to get through that is! Too many ties here to go too far away (kids etc). I'd look at Yorkshire, but there's no way I could do humberside!!! Just hoping it won't prove troublesome should I get the chance of a position

North Yorkshire, although I lived for a while in Sunderland as well. I don't want to have to relocate two children if I get through, but I see it as something I'll need to do at some point, so I'd rather just do it at the start.
North Yorkshire, although I lived for a while in Sunderland as well. I don't want to have to relocate two children if I get through, but I see it as something I'll need to do at some point, so I'd rather just do it at the start.

I'm in north Yorkshire too. I'm willing to move but not too keen on London cos I'm on my own with 2 kids and have grandparents here to help with childcare, they're both under 2 so not in school or anything otherwise it'd be different. Here's hoping I get a good result on Monday anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest