The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Just got back, **** it was great, i dont think ive been able to speak so honestly about my work as they aloud me to today, had a mad rush to get there

afew 'what ifs' though.... like should i have spoken about that or that one shown them this instead of that oh ****... its all in eporfolio, what they didnt see, if they ever go back to that.... gotta wait through this easter break now, all interviews finished :smile: feeling sane again

Good luck to everyone and well done to everyone whos got places

Original post by joverbena
Absolute massive good luck to you! Be thinking of you, know you can do it! be brave and remember you are an artist already :biggrin:

Thanks again for the advice the other day really brought me back up :biggrin: well done on getting into brighton too! :smile:
Original post by Soares
Just got back, **** it was great, i dont think ive been able to speak so honestly about my work as they aloud me to today, had a mad rush to get there

afew 'what ifs' though.... like should i have spoken about that or that one shown them this instead of that oh ****... its all in eporfolio, what they didnt see, if they ever go back to that.... gotta wait through this easter break now, all interviews finished :smile: feeling sane again

Good luck to everyone and well done to everyone whos got places

Thanks again for the advice the other day really brought me back up :biggrin: well done on getting into brighton too! :smile:

Aah so happy that it went well for you and you enjoyed it, hope you get in ! You're welcome, & thanks!
Reply 1602
Mind is full of 'what if' at the moment....... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Original post by KED
lol, what a nice dilemma to be in! Call Glasgow and double check the offer is unconditional - if it is - that is just so brilliant! If not, like you say, they'll correct it and you can put down a back up. Congrats :biggrin:

thanks for the advice, i rang up which was awful as i'm really awkward and get flustered on the phone with strangers, but yep it is unconditional which is good bc im going to fail my french oral tomorrow.
Reply 1604
Original post by rayray12310
thanks for the advice, i rang up which was awful as i'm really awkward and get flustered on the phone with strangers, but yep it is unconditional which is good bc im going to fail my french oral tomorrow.

OMG thats fantastic, lol... I was praying for some unconditionals..... twas not to be, though tbh UAL only ask that I pass my current course so it almost feels like an unconditional :biggrin:
Has anyone heard back from Goldsmiths from the joint honours interviews? Getting really anxious now, especially as I've cancelled 2 interviews. :erm:
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Has anyone heard back from Goldsmiths from the joint honours interviews? Getting really anxious now, especially as I've cancelled 2 interviews. :erm:

what doo you mean? did you get a verbal offer?
Original post by kaylafrances

Yeah a week ago, but nothing's come through on Track and now I'm kind of panicking that they'll change their minds :colondollar:
Yeah a week ago, but nothing's come through on Track and now I'm kind of panicking that they'll change their minds :colondollar:

They cant change their minds after telling you you're in ( and telling you to cancel your other interviews?!) that would be unprofessional, so dont worry.. UCAs system does take ages. It is over a month since my wimbledon interview!! Youll hear in a week or two i bet , i was told two to three weeks last week. (ps it's Jo but changed username).
Soares same i think if i took more sketchbook work i'd have more chance for goldsmiths. Can't turn back time though i didnt know i wanted to go there so much until interview whoops.
If anybody like me still waiting on chelsea results for fine art they emailed me that they are updating ucas by 30th march at latest.
Original post by glitter_ever
They cant change their minds after telling you you're in ( and telling you to cancel your other interviews?!) that would be unprofessional, so dont worry.. UCAs system does take ages. It is over a month since my wimbledon interview!! Youll hear in a week or two i bet , i was told two to three weeks last week. (ps it's Jo but changed username).
Soares same i think if i took more sketchbook work i'd have more chance for goldsmiths. Can't turn back time though i didnt know i wanted to go there so much until interview whoops.
If anybody like me still waiting on chelsea results for fine art they emailed me that they are updating ucas by 30th march at latest.

I hope so! I never asked when it would come through so it's reassuring to know that someone was given some sort of date :smile:

PS: Have you phoned Wimbledon up or anything? Over a month seems so stupid!
(edited 12 years ago)
I hope so! I never asked when it would come through so it's reassuring to know that someone was given some sort of date :smile:

PS: Have you phoned Wimbledon up or anything? Over a month seems so stupid!

i asked and they said a few weeks :smile: seriously don't worry you'll be fineeee
Reply 1611

Were not gunna receive anything during this 2 week easter break, and they did 400 interviews for just fine art apparently :frown: fighting for 1 of 60 places :frown:
Original post by Soares
Were not gunna receive anything during this 2 week easter break, and they did 400 interviews for just fine art apparently :frown: fighting for 1 of 60 places :frown:

400 interviews seems like a lot, are you sure that's not the number of applicants? I just want to click accept already! :rolleyes:
Reply 1613
i thought it was 150,

just got accepted by falmouth as well
Reply 1614
Original post by JWirz
i thought it was 150,

just got accepted by falmouth as well

Lol yh, girl at the front desk actually told me 400....

although just thought of this now, she may have just added up the joint (bafaha) and single(baFa) honors altogether as weve been doing them all at the same time, and she might have just had a name register

actuallyyyy that does make sense, but cant be sure, it'd be risky to chose just 150 people out of 1050 applicants

Well done with falmouth!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1615
Guys this is the best of day of my life..I just got an offer from the Slade!!! I actually can't believe it
Reply 1616
And well done Jwirz! Where you going to go?:]
Reply 1617
congratulations!!
u go girl!
Offer from goldsmiths came through!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAYAYAYYYYYY
and the conditions of only a pass ahhhh so happpyyyy
Offer from goldsmiths came through!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAYAYAYYYYYY
and the conditions of only a pass ahhhh so happpyyyy

Well done!:biggrin:

Quick Reply